PDA

View Full Version : Tookie vs simonds

msstate7
02-21-2015, 10:31 PM
How did I not hear this? I guess this is last year's championship game with simonds and tookie facing off.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dCXI3sHJyR0

I havent watched it, but I'm about to.

msstate7
02-21-2015, 10:51 PM
Tookie's team is facing Buford who has Simonds and a uconn commit. After the 1st quarter, tookie has 11 points, 1 assist, 1 steal, and 1 rebound. Simonds is a soph in this game, but tookie looks like the best player on the court so far

msstate7
02-21-2015, 11:12 PM
End of 1st half... Tookie has 23 points, 5 rebs, 4 assists, and 2 steals

Simonds has been very disappointing, but hes just a sophomore in this game.

Tookie is electric. I highly recommend watching this

Dawg61
02-21-2015, 11:45 PM
End of 1st half... Tookie has 23 points, 5 rebs, 4 assists, and 2 steals

Simonds has been very disappointing, but hes just a sophomore in this game.

Tookie is electric. I highly recommend watching this

What's all the hype about Simonds for? I stopped watching with five minutes left. Tookie had 40 points and close to a triple double. Simonds had 1 point and over 7 turnovers. He's Rayvern skinny without the jumper.

Rayburn8
02-21-2015, 11:46 PM
What's all the hype about Simonds for? I stopped watching with five minutes left. Tookie had 40 points and close to a triple double. Simonds had 1 point and over 7 turnovers. He's Rayvern skinny without the jumper.

He was just a sophomore in that game, go watch some of his junior highlights.

msstate7
02-21-2015, 11:58 PM

What did you think of tookie? He was impressive to me

engie
02-22-2015, 12:02 AM
Tookie is a badass in high school...

Scored his 3000th high school point tonight in a 33-spot win tonight to advance. Let that sink in. Simonds dropped 40 in a loss that ended their season, directly off 33 with a walk-off buzzer beater earlier in the week. Weatherspoon has been lighting it up all year. Strugg is an athletic freak that will need to be developed. Don't know much about Hicks -- other than he has a pretty elite offer sheet a damn long time before he can sign...

msstate7
02-22-2015, 12:08 AM
I'm assuming tookie helped us a lot with simonds. In that video it said those 2 played 2 times that year previous to the championship. They know each other

Dawg61
02-22-2015, 12:09 AM
What did you think of tookie? He was impressive to me

Tookie is impressive and a gigantic upgrade over Bloodman. His toughness impressed me the most. He can take some contact and still finish. I caution to get too optimistic though because a lot of those layups he got won't be available with SEC bigs and shot blockers hunting the ball.

msstate7
02-22-2015, 12:13 AM
Tookie is impressive and a gigantic upgrade over Bloodman. His toughness impressed me the most. He can take some contact and still finish. I caution to get too optimistic though because a lot of those layups he got won't be available with SEC bigs and shot blockers hunting the ball.

Yeah he'll get his share blocked. I do think he's quick and tough enough to get some to fall or get to the line though

msstate7
02-22-2015, 12:32 AM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LYZb7r9yZI8

This is weatherspoon against Haywood (Brownsville, tn). Haywood has a varnado (younger brother) and a delk (another of Tony's nephews)

I like looking at these games much more than highlight videos

Dawg61
02-22-2015, 09:52 AM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LYZb7r9yZI8

This is weatherspoon against Haywood (Brownsville, tn). Haywood has a varnado (younger brother) and a delk (another of Tony's nephews)

I like looking at these games much more than highlight videos

We need a better video of Simonds to replace that 1 point 18 turnover performance I just saw**

msstate7
02-22-2015, 10:06 AM
We need a better video of Simonds to replace that 1 point 18 turnover performance I just saw**

Can't find a full game, but here's some highlights of a much different simonds...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ddEGwNFRL4U

He looks much bigger and athletic in this

Dawg61
02-22-2015, 10:10 AM
Can't find a full game, but here's some highlights of a much different simonds...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ddEGwNFRL4U

He looks much bigger and athletic in this

Much better, thanks!

msstate7
02-22-2015, 10:18 AM
Hicks...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5gYw8Gly17A

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GkbDFUTOv90

msstate7
02-22-2015, 10:22 AM
Strugg...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wUQ2jdW381E

I think engie has a better video.

This guy is athletic

Ifyouonlyknew
02-22-2015, 10:52 AM
Ray is a legit scoring big in the 2016 class from having a good young talented foundation after the core guys leave. Ready, Tookie, Weatherspoon, Simonds, & Houston are more than capable on the perimeter. Black will improve but I don't think will ever be a go to guy in the post. Hicks is a more skilled & talented Roquez type player. Strugg is an athletic hustler. We need a guy in the 2016 class that you can throw the ball into & get you a bucket. If he can grab 1 then the roster looks pretty good.

smootness
02-22-2015, 01:26 PM
Ray is a legit scoring big in the 2016 class from having a good young talented foundation after the core guys leave. Ready, Tookie, Weatherspoon, Simonds, & Houston are more than capable on the perimeter. Black will improve but I don't think will ever be a go to guy in the post. Hicks is a more skilled & talented Roquez type player. Strugg is an athletic hustler. We need a guy in the 2016 class that you can throw the ball into & get you a bucket. If he can grab 1 then the roster looks pretty good.

Agreed. Zuppardo should help in 2016.

Tookie, Weatherspoon, and Simonds are all capable ball-handlers, so that should greatly decrease the number of turnovers.

My guess is that we'll have fairly perimeter-oriented lineup with those 3 plus Houston seeing the court together a good bit.

I like Black's offensive potential, though it may take him a while to reach it. And if Ndoye can just learn a couple reliable post moves and get a little stronger, that would be a huge boost to his ability.

smootness
02-22-2015, 01:34 PM
Just watched Hicks' video. He has the potential to be a great college player. I'm guessing he's not a 4-star because he's only listed at 6'7", but that's big enough to be an effective college big man.

With Houston, Strugg, Hicks, and Black, it looks like we're going to be the new Dunk City.

msstate7
02-22-2015, 01:34 PM
Agreed. Zuppardo should help in 2016.

Tookie, Weatherspoon, and Simonds are all capable ball-handlers, so that should greatly decrease the number of turnovers.

My guess is that we'll have fairly perimeter-oriented lineup with those 3 plus Houston seeing the court together a good bit.

I like Black's offensive potential, though it may take him a while to reach it. And if Ndoye can just learn a couple reliable post moves and get a little stronger, that would be a huge boost to his ability.

I want rebounding and shot blocking from ndoye. If he scores some, great

smootness
02-22-2015, 01:47 PM
I want rebounding and shot blocking from ndoye. If he scores some, great

Agreed. Just saying that if he did develop one or two reliable moves, which shouldn't be all that difficult if that's all he focuses on, he could develop into a really quality player.

I think C34 is way off in his comparison to Wesley Morgan. He may not end up being much better, but he definitely has more potential than that. Morgan wasn't nearly as quick or athletic as Ndoye is.

msstate7
02-22-2015, 01:52 PM
Agreed. Just saying that if he did develop one or two reliable moves, which shouldn't be all that difficult if that's all he focuses on, he could develop into a really quality player.

I think C34 is way off in his comparison to Wesley Morgan. He may not end up being much better, but he definitely has more potential than that. Morgan wasn't nearly as quick or athletic as Ndoye is.

I agree. Ndoye has done some good things this year, but he hasn't been able to finish. I hope that's due to strength bc we'll beef him up

chef dixon
02-22-2015, 01:56 PM
You don't go to Findlay Prep to play basketball if you are only going to be as good as Wesley Morgan. Ray has got something to work with in this guy and hopefully he can bring him along.

engie
02-22-2015, 02:16 PM
If we developed Roquez Johnson into what he has now become -- we can make a serviceable player out of Ndoye IMO...