PDA

View Full Version : J Rob gonna run the 40 at the NFL in the next few minutes.......Times haven't been

Saltydog
02-21-2015, 02:32 PM
great so far......Hope he runs a good 40 time to improve his draft position but I'm skeptical.........NFL.com only shows his grade as 5.17 but then again they only have BMc at 6.03......I think BMc will have a good combine and hopefully improve his draft stock........

klong-dog
02-21-2015, 02:44 PM
I say JRob runs a 4.71

Saltydog
02-21-2015, 02:47 PM
the 4th or 5th worst amongst the RB's..........

msstate7
02-21-2015, 02:52 PM
That's not good

klong-dog
02-21-2015, 02:55 PM
No I'm actually in my car in town. I have a pretty good intuition, always have.

Saltydog
02-21-2015, 02:56 PM
senior year and went to the combine next year.....His draft stock is highest now as it will ever be......I say he's a late 5th-6th rounder.......

I seen it dawg
02-21-2015, 02:57 PM
Undrafted

msstate7
02-21-2015, 03:04 PM
Undrafted

I agree. Hope I'm wrong. Teams don't value rb's like they used to. Teams like to pass, so pass protection for a rb is big. Jrob struggles in pass protection, short, and not ran a slow 40. I do think jrob can make a team as a FA though

Saltydog
02-21-2015, 03:07 PM
just stay in school..........

Saltydog
02-21-2015, 03:15 PM
nt

Dawg61
02-21-2015, 03:25 PM
Too late to come back now right?

mic
02-21-2015, 03:26 PM
just stay in school..........

He was not encouraged to come back....

TheRef
02-21-2015, 03:26 PM
Too late to come back now right?

Yupp.....

Saltydog
02-21-2015, 03:34 PM
signed with an agent........

Dawgowar
02-21-2015, 03:40 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ym5aJMTQU5Y

That may not break Rick Eissen's time this year.

smootness
02-21-2015, 03:49 PM
Definitely worse than I expected, and yes, that will hurt him a lot.

Bothrops
02-21-2015, 04:00 PM
Yeldon wasn't much faster and he's good bit taller. Hopefully somebody will give Robinson a chance because of his physical nature. I remember Josh being pretty quick out of hs with less bulk.

HSVDawg
02-21-2015, 05:01 PM
I'm not sure why everyone is hating on J-Rob because of his 40 time. His speed isn't where his value is as a RB, and that's always been the case with him even in college. He's a low center of gravity RB that bounces off tacklers and gets tough yards. His running style doesn't rely on him beating linebackers to the edge or burning past safeties and CB's in the 2nd level. That's not his game. Also, the NFL's evaluation criteria for RB's has changed significantly from "is this guy a game breaker" to "how well will he hold up over 16 games" and "can he get the tough 2 yards". I think with the right team, he will prove his value regardless of whether he gets drafted or not.

Saltydog
02-21-2015, 05:23 PM
you're crazy because it will. And while he does have a low center of gravity one of the knocks on him by NFL scouts is that when he runs his feet don't get off the ground allowing ankle tackles. Here's what nfl.com says about him and not much I can argue about it. I do wish him the best and would like to see him get drafted and latch on somewhere. Good kid and hope he has a great career.

Strengths Built low to the ground with power trunk and thick bubble. Coils into a ball at contact, making him immune to shoulder and/or forearm blows to tackle. Patient runner. Runs with consistent balance and can maintain it through contact. Flashes lateral agility to escape from the side door and bounce a run wide. Steady threat out of the backfield as pass-catcher. Soft hands to secure the throw and is ready to run after catch. Can chop pass rusher down with his cut blocks.

Weaknesses Vision is average to below average, and will leave some yards on the field. Gets what is blocked and relies on his short-area footwork to make tacklers miss rather than true elusiveness in open area. One-note runner with tightly bundled hips and marginal athleticism. Nothing special with burst through hole, as defenders frequently get their hands on him to slow his progress. Benefited from zone-read system with dual-threat quarterback creating consistent running lanes over tackle. Feet barely leave ground, opening Robinson up to ankle tackles.

NFL Comparison Mike Tolbert

Bottom Line Compact running back with squatty lower body and a short-striding style that allows him to get to his top speed quickly in the open field. Robinson appears to be lacking an NFL burst and the shiftiness needed to create more yardage for himself on the second level. He has good short-area footwork and is effective as a pass-catcher but is lacking a differentiating talent from the rest of the backs in this draft.

TUSK
02-21-2015, 05:24 PM
great so far......Hope he runs a good 40 time to improve his draft position but I'm skeptical.........NFL.com only shows his grade as 5.17 but then again they only have BMc at 6.03......I think BMc will have a good combine and hopefully improve his draft stock........

reminded me of this thread:

http://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?21602-Josh-Robinson-vs-Todd-Gurley&highlight=jrob+combine

thf24
02-21-2015, 05:28 PM
All I can say is he must not have kept his conditioning up since the end of the season. Top end speed was never his strength, but he was definitely faster than 4.7.

Political Hack
02-21-2015, 05:29 PM
Carlos Hyde and Jeremy Hill both ran high 4.6's last year. It's not a game ender by any means. He was never going to be a speed back regardless. He's a change of pace grinder that can dink and dunk his way down the field with a low center of
gravity, running through arm tackles, and falling forward. He also runs to open space about as well as any back we've had in recent memory outside of maybe Ballard.

I think someone still takes a late round flyer on him, but it would be better for him if he didn't get drafted in the 6th or 7th. I could see him easily making any roster in the NFC South right now though.

I seen it dawg
02-21-2015, 05:37 PM
I
Carlos Hyde and Jeremy Hill both ran high 4.6's last year. It's not a game ender by any means. He was never going to be a speed back regardless. He's a change of pace grinder that can dink and dunk his way down the field with a low center of
gravity, running through arm tackles, and falling forward. He also runs to open space about as well as any back we've had in recent memory outside of maybe Ballard.

I think someone still takes a late round flyer on him, but it would be better for him if he didn't get drafted in the 6th or 7th. I could see him easily making any roster in the NFC South right now though.

Definitely. He's better off getting to,pick the best situation for him bc he won't get drafted high enough.

Dallas_Dawg
02-21-2015, 05:43 PM
That's about what I expected. a little faster than Dixon.. What did Ballard run?

Saltydog
02-21-2015, 05:51 PM
nt

GTHOM
02-21-2015, 07:58 PM
JRob should have stayed in school

Saltydog
02-21-2015, 08:54 PM
his degree......With that said, I'm not sure staying would've helped him any........

mstatefan91
02-21-2015, 09:36 PM
Staying one more season would not have improved his speed.

All the best wishes for JRob and his family!

msstate7
02-21-2015, 09:56 PM
Did bmac, Preston, and cox run?

Bothrops
02-21-2015, 10:03 PM
Did bmac, Preston, and cox run?

Not today.

msstate7
02-21-2015, 10:06 PM
Not today.

Thanks

Ifyouonlyknew
02-21-2015, 10:22 PM
reminded me of this thread:

http://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?21602-Josh-Robinson-vs-Todd-Gurley&highlight=jrob+combine

Yea a lot of people were off of their speed predictions.

War Machine Dawg
02-21-2015, 10:45 PM

Yep, completely agree. I kinda hope he ends up at Carolina. The Panthers desperately need a RB to take some pressure off Cam. Deangelo is basically done and Stewart really isn't much better at this point. They desperately need some fresh legs in their backfield. Of course, they also need to upgrade the OL more than anything.