PDA

View Full Version : Ray recruit Simonds showing out

Coach34
02-20-2015, 09:12 PM
http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/02/mississippi-state-recruit-nails-buzzer-beater-immediately-runs-out-of-gym

smootness
02-20-2015, 09:16 PM
The guy is insane. I watched his junior video and my jaw dropped. I liked his sophomore video, but it's clear he's made big improvements and is actually underrated despite being ranked around 50 in the country.

He would transform us immediately.

msstate7
02-20-2015, 09:39 PM
The guy is insane. I watched his junior video and my jaw dropped. I liked his sophomore video, but it's clear he's made big improvements and is actually underrated despite being ranked around 50 in the country.

I agree.

If Ray can't turn the corner next season, it won't matter though.

It would really fun to see...

Ready/tookie
Weathespoon
Simonds
Hicks
Black

That's a talented team

BiscuitEater
02-20-2015, 10:44 PM

My son follows recruiting way more than me, especially BB, and is impressed with Simonds. He thinks he can be a huge factor even as a freshman.

We talked the other day and said that he wasn't so sure that he would be coming to State. He has a 24/7 account and said that 9 out of 10 recruiting experts on that site expected him to end up at Florida.

Question ... How solid is his commitment?

Thanks

smootness
02-20-2015, 10:51 PM
My son follows recruiting way more than me, especially BB, and is impressed with Simonds. He thinks he can be a huge factor even as a freshman.

We talked the other day and said that he wasn't so sure that he would be coming to State. He has a 24/7 account and said that 9 out of 10 recruiting experts on that site expected him to end up at Florida.

Thanks

247 doesn't allow anyone to change predictions or make a new prediction once a player is committed, so all those you see were made before he committed to State.

Most expected him to commit to Florida at the time, but we got him, and I've heard nothing to suggest he is wavering since.

msstate7
02-20-2015, 10:53 PM

Thanks

All of those cb's were before he committed.

From what I've gathered, simonds loves ray. Gotta be hard for people here to believe. Simonds commitment is to ray though. We won't get him if Ray isn't here. If Ray is here, we'll get him. Hopefully Ray can do enough next season to save his job.

BiscuitEater
02-21-2015, 12:48 PM
All of those cb's were before he committed.

From what I've gathered, simonds loves ray. Gotta be hard for people here to believe. Simonds commitment is to ray though. We won't get him if Ray isn't here. If Ray is here, we'll get him. Hopefully Ray can do enough next season to save his job.

Am not a 24/7 member and didn't know those predictions worked.

So, you are saying that Simonds isn't showing up at State ... if Ray is not here for two more years?

msstate7
02-21-2015, 12:51 PM
Am not a 24/7 member and didn't know those predictions worked.

So, you are saying that Simonds isn't showing up at State ... if Ray is not here for two more years?

People who know more than me say no. I have no first hand knowledge though

Rayburn8
02-21-2015, 12:51 PM
Also note about basketball recruiting, it is different than football in the sense that players don't flip. Un written rule that once a player commits all the other coaches back off, it happens surprisingly. When players commit in B'ball it actually is a commitment, unless something like a coach leaving or other situations like that happen.

engie
02-21-2015, 01:02 PM
I agree.

If Ray can't turn the corner next season, it won't matter though.

It would really fun to see...

Ready/tookie
Weathespoon
Simonds
Hicks
Black

That's a talented team

We're going to add several more in the 2016 class as well. It has potential to be Ray's first truly elite class. I suspect we will be adding at least 4 in that class with Sword, Thomas, Ware, and Daniels all leaving. I still think it's a decent chance we'll flip Nick Marshall depending on what happens at Memphis between now and then... And Clayton Hughes is a likely possibility as well...

smootness
02-21-2015, 01:15 PM
Also note about basketball recruiting, it is different than football in the sense that players don't flip. Un written rule that once a player commits all the other coaches back off, it happens surprisingly. When players commit in B'ball it actually is a commitment, unless something like a coach leaving or other situations like that happen.

This is not true at all. It is for baseball, but not for basketball.

There are definitely less flips than football, but coaches continue recruiting the guys they want.

The main reason you see fewer guys flip is because of the early signing period.

Dawg61
02-21-2015, 01:20 PM

Never ever ever hire or fire a coach because of a commitment from a recruit.

Dawg61
02-21-2015, 01:24 PM
We're going to add several more in the 2016 class as well. It has potential to be Ray's first truly elite class. I suspect we will be adding at least 4 in that class with Sword, Thomas, Ware, and Daniels all leaving. I still think it's a decent chance we'll flip Nick Marshall depending on what happens at Memphis between now and then... And Clayton Hughes is a likely possibility as well...

Whose not getting their scholarships renewed cause you're about 2-3 too many at those numbers? Or maybe I read your post wrong.

msstate7
02-21-2015, 01:28 PM
Never ever ever hire or fire a coach because of a commitment from a recruit.

I agree. I'm not saying keep ray bc of simonds, but I do hope ray can earn another year next season

engie
02-21-2015, 01:30 PM
Whose not getting their scholarships renewed cause you're about 2-3 too many at those numbers? Or maybe I read your post wrong.

Say what?

As of right now, we'll enter 2015/2016 season with 13 scholarship players.
Sword, Ware, Thomas, Daniels graduate. That leaves us with 9.
Giving us room to sign 4 in the c/o 2016 without oversigning and assuming no attrition. We have Simonds and Hicks committed. We'll be adding a few more.

msstate7
02-21-2015, 01:33 PM

Will keglar even consider us?

engie
02-21-2015, 01:34 PM

I'm not counting on it

Dawg61
02-21-2015, 01:42 PM
I agree. I'm not saying keep ray bc of simonds, but I do hope ray can earn another year next season

If Ray wants another year he should forward his next 12 paychecks to Horatio.

Political Hack
02-21-2015, 01:46 PM
finally a damn combo guard that can play the 1 or the 2...

He's a heady player and has a very high release at 6'4". He'll contribute offensively immediately, but I wouldn't expect him to be a savior in year one. he'll need time to adjust to the big bodies inside. The fact that he can finish with either hand at the basket is huge though. It's freaking absurd that we don't have that on our roster right now, but we don't. If he can be a 40% shooter from 3-point range early on, he'll help us out a ton.

Raytoraid83
02-21-2015, 01:52 PM
Another reason we should replace Hollander with Brent.

msstate7
02-21-2015, 01:59 PM
finally a damn combo guard that can play the 1 or the 2...

He's a heady player and has a very high release at 6'4". He'll contribute offensively immediately, but I wouldn't expect him to be a savior in year one. he'll need time to adjust to the big bodies inside. The fact that he can finish with either hand at the basket is huge though. It's freaking absurd that we don't have that on our roster right now, but we don't. If he can be a 40% shooter from 3-point range early on, he'll help us out a ton.

Weatherspoon fits this mold too

Rayburn8
02-21-2015, 02:44 PM
This is not true at all. It is for baseball, but not for basketball.

There are definitely less flips than football, but coaches continue recruiting the guys they want.

The main reason you see fewer guys flip is because of the early signing period.

My bad, had been told that by multiple people. Non on here, will be sure to only use ED approved information from now on.