PDA

View Full Version : The head Rebel cheerleader at the Daily Dournal, Parrish Alford.....

Liverpooldawg
02-20-2015, 01:18 PM
led off his column today with this: "Ding Dong, The Humphrey Coliseum witch is dead." Sad times.

MadDawg
02-20-2015, 02:14 PM
led off his column today with this: "Ding Dong, The Humphrey Coliseum witch is dead." Sad times.

But, but, but.... it was a "hard fought" game.

msstate7
02-20-2015, 02:26 PM
Yeah we own lsu at tiger stadium now. We beat them this year so it must be true

codeDawg
02-20-2015, 02:37 PM
But, but, but.... it was a "hard fought" game.

He doesn't know how hard RR's job is.

drunkernhelldawg
02-20-2015, 04:16 PM
We so owned them before The Event. My mourning period has been over for a while.

IMissJack
02-20-2015, 04:46 PM
I have not taken a paper of any kind for 15 years, but if MSU fans continue to buy those reb rags in MS they might as well contribute to the UMAA.

BiscuitEater
02-20-2015, 05:07 PM
Hard to believe that this losing streak is up to 4 in a row. Can't recall the last time we lost that many in a row.

Coach34
02-20-2015, 08:12 PM

They won there for just the 4th time in 30 years and their 1st against Ray...a little over-dramatic

Coach34
02-20-2015, 08:14 PM
Hard to believe that this losing streak is up to 4 in a row. Can't recall the last time we lost that many in a row.

Lmao- seriously?? We just beat them LAST SEASON. They are in their GOLDEN ERA of basketball under the best coach they have ever had. We are rebuilding. You ladies need to hurry up and let your period end

Liverpooldawg
02-20-2015, 09:38 PM
Lmao- seriously?? We just beat them LAST SEASON. They are in their GOLDEN ERA of basketball under the best coach they have ever had. We are rebuilding. You ladies need to hurry up and let your period end

That's reaching 34. They have 4 in a row over us for the first time in...........how long is it exactly? Nobody seems to know and THAT says it ALL. I tried to look it up and can't even find the number. We have sunk to lows not seen since Richards's early years if then. You got your wish for our basketball program, congratulations.

RougeDawg
02-20-2015, 09:39 PM

To his defense the dumnf*ck announcers last night kept touting that it was OM's 4th straight W against us. I was wondering where they came up with that. I guess they've only been reading about their 13 football recruiting class along with the rest of the nation.

Liverpooldawg
02-20-2015, 09:47 PM
Seriously 34, if this had happened under Stans you would have been lighting the torches and tying the nooses. Why the excuses now? We just got swept by the historically worst basketball program in the SEC. Why aren't you baying at the moon?

Liverpooldawg
02-20-2015, 09:59 PM
To his defense the dumnf*ck announcers last night kept touting that it was OM's 4th straight W against us. I was wondering where they came up with that. I guess they've only been reading about their 13 football recruiting class along with the rest of the nation.

They beat us in the SEC tourney last year. 34 knows that.

Coach34
02-20-2015, 09:59 PM
That's reaching 34. They have 4 in a row over us for the first time in...........how long is it exactly? Nobody seems to know and THAT says it ALL. I tried to look it up and can't even find the number. We have sunk to lows not seen since Richards's early years if then. You got your wish for our basketball program, congratulations.

They beat us 8 in row from 80-83

Coach34
02-20-2015, 10:02 PM
Seriously 34, if this had happened under Stans you would have been lighting the torches and tying the nooses. Why the excuses now? We just got swept by the historically worst basketball program in the SEC. Why aren't you baying at the moon?

1. We arent under Stands now and are rebuilding. We are not the same program we were in 2010- Stands let it implode.

2. We are the SEC's historically worst in football- but were ranked #1 in the country this year for 5 weeks. What happened 30-50 years ago really doesnt mean shit now. Different times and different programs.

Coach34
02-20-2015, 10:04 PM
Shit Kennedy won 27 games in 2013- something Stands only did once as well

BiscuitEater
02-20-2015, 10:14 PM

Bucko ... yes we beat them last year ... in the HUMP ... then we lost at the Tad Pad ... lost in the SECT ... lost in the Tad Pad this year ... and lost last night in the Hump. That is 4 in a row and something that hasn't happened in like 20 years. Stick your head back in the sand.

GOLDEN ERA my ass. We have 'owned' OM in basketball for ~20 years. Stans, who you hate so much had a 72% win percentage over OM. AK only managed to win ~40% over the Dogs and in his 14 years as HC, Stans ONLY lost ONE time to OM in the Hump.

You and Ray are both running out of excuses.

BiscuitEater
02-20-2015, 10:21 PM
Shit Kennedy won 27 games in 2013- something Stands only did once as well

excuses. Stans NEVER lost 4 in a row to OM ... never, ever. Only lost ONE time in the Hump in 14 years. Won 60% of his games head-to-head with AK and OWNED OM with an overall win % of 72% against OM.

Now, all of a sudden AK is Coach K!

Over on SP, your big excuse when Stans kept winning the west, was just how weak the west was. Now AK is superman!

Coach34
02-20-2015, 10:25 PM
I dont give a monkey shit what Stans did vs Ol Missus- that is irrelevant

Nobody is happy about it. I want Ray's ass gone too if he cant win a couple more games this season. I'm just hearing it has zero chance of happening. He is going to get another and with recruiting picking up- he may end up with even more. We'll see

Liverpooldawg
02-20-2015, 10:28 PM
Wow, I was a student then. I'm an old man now. Congrats you got the change you wanted.

BiscuitEater
02-20-2015, 10:30 PM

You went back ~36 years to find a time when we were as bad as we are now? Really stretching here.

Here is something you can also look up. If Ray finishes the season at his current SEC win %, he will finish his first 3 years with the absolute lowest win % (~24%) on ANY MSU BB coach in the entire history of the SEC. EVERY MSU BB coach has finished their time at State with a higher SEC win % since State joined the SEC.

Liverpooldawg
02-20-2015, 10:33 PM
I dont give a monkey shit what Stans did vs Ol Missus- that is irrelevant

Nobody is happy about it. I want Ray's ass gone too if he cant win a couple more games this season. I'm just hearing it has zero chance of happening. He is going to get another and with recruiting picking up- he may end up with even more. We'll see

Our previous coach that YOU lead the charge to get rid of owned our instate rival. Our new coach that is the result of your campaign has now lost 4 in a row to them for the first time since 1983. I was a freaking sophomore in 1983. I'm 51 years old now. I bow to your superior basketball knowledge.

Todd4State
02-20-2015, 10:39 PM
I seriously doubt Coach wanted us to make a bad hire after Stansbury. If we had made a better hire in the first place, we wouldn't be going through this.

Liverpooldawg
02-20-2015, 10:49 PM
The hire was a direct result of the fire. 34 knows this, but will NEVER admit it. The fact remains that I was a freaking sophmore the last time the worst basketball program in the SEC beat us 4 in a row. I'm an old man now. Change!

Coach34
02-20-2015, 11:05 PM
The hire was a direct result of the fire.

the hire was the result of what Stands had let the program become- a ****ing comical joke

Coach34
02-20-2015, 11:09 PM
You went back ~36 years to find a time when we were as bad as we are now? Really stretching here.

Here is something you can also look up. If Ray finishes the season at his current SEC win %, he will finish his first 3 years with the absolute lowest win % (~24%) on ANY MSU BB coach in the entire history of the SEC. EVERY MSU BB coach has finished their time at State with a higher SEC win % since State joined the SEC.

Ray's 1st year was all on Stands. 100%. He helped dig this shitstorm we are trying to climb out of

I do agree we should be better this year than we are. Thats on Ray. And I didnt have to go back 36 years- we were shitty in the late 80's and at times in the 90's- the problem was that Ole Missus was shitty then too- now they are an NCAA Tourney team.

RougeDawg
02-20-2015, 11:11 PM
the hire was the result of what Stands had let the program become- a ****ing comical joke

The hire was a result of an inept AD who was in way over his head and thought he could conduct a search on his own.

Liverpooldawg
02-20-2015, 11:19 PM

You own this 34, and you know it. You got your wish. Congratulations.

Liverpooldawg
02-20-2015, 11:24 PM
The hire was a result of an inept AD who was in way over his head and thought he could conduct a search on his own.

The hire was our Coach O hire. We took who we could get. The blame Stans crap now is as absurd as the Democrats still blaming W 6 years later. No matter which side of that divide you stood on it's ancient history. It's laugahable and no one with one eyed half sense gives it any credit now.

TheDogFather
02-20-2015, 11:39 PM
They won there for just the 4th time in 30 years and their 1st against Ray...a little over-dramatic

Dude. Give it up. You're embarrassing yourself.

Liverpooldawg
02-21-2015, 01:09 AM
34 lives in some godforsaken hole in Louisana or some similar place. He doesn't have to live every day with THEM like most of us do. It boggles my mind that he goes back to the Bob Boyd ( God rest his soul) era to defend his vision of our basketball program and expects us to accept it. I was a fargin sophomore back then. I'm an old man now. 36 years 34? So that is what you've become? I agree UM sucked worse than we did for years. Now it's the other way around. I wonder why?

Ralph
02-21-2015, 07:38 AM
He doesn't know how hard RR's job is.

He does know RR is compensated accordingly.

Acid mouth
02-21-2015, 08:11 AM

This should be no surprise since we self-induced the Rick Ray project. Just a few weeks back, we were all giddy about winning 4 out of 6 conference games in a row. My how our standards dropped in just a few short years. We can only hope that Scott maintains his standard for our program that he stressed 3 years ago. If he does, the million dollar man will have made off with a cool 3mil and ~ 13 SEC wins give or take.
Several questions... What are the prominent basketball alumni saying about our program? Do we still have those "whale" donors or "cigar boys" for basketball? If arbitration were legal, one would have to think we could get RR's salary down to 300-400K per year.