PDA

View Full Version : Wes Rea

GTHOM
02-20-2015, 12:01 AM
Anybody know about his health? How much will he play this weekend??

mstatefan91
02-20-2015, 12:03 AM
Anybody know about his health? How much will he play this weekend??
I expect him to start each game and come out in the 6th to 7th

GTHOM
02-20-2015, 12:04 AM
I expect him to start each game and come out in the 6th to 7th

oh okay thanks 91

Todd4State
02-20-2015, 12:49 AM
I think he certainly could play, but I wouldn't be shocked if he gets this weekend off. That's just a guess on my part- I don't think he will be out for long either way.

godlluB
02-20-2015, 09:28 AM
I thought I read somewhere yesterday that Cohen said that he could play this weekend, but probably wouldn't.

maroonmania
02-20-2015, 09:30 AM
Per Cohen he is "iffy".

Ralph
02-20-2015, 09:32 AM
I bet he'll only play a few innings total all weekend. Sucks.

Anyone have update on M Smith availability this weekend?

Todd4State
02-20-2015, 10:01 AM
I've heard that Smith is in the same boat as Rea as far as availability. If it's an SEC weekend, he plays. But since it's Marshall and in February and pretty frigid we're probably going to be conservative. I think he has a hamstring pull.

I seen it dawg
02-20-2015, 10:28 AM
Sit both Smith and Rea. Shitty weather no need to take a chance.

msstate7
02-20-2015, 10:43 AM
Sit both Smith and Rea. Shitty weather no need to take a chance.

I agree

jeremyrbrown
02-20-2015, 10:53 AM
I've heard that Smith is in the same boat as Rea as far as availability. If it's an SEC weekend, he plays. But since it's Marshall and in February and pretty frigid we're probably going to be conservative. I think he has a hamstring pull.

Not that it matters a lot, but I noticed him pull up on his way to 2nd. He grabbed the front of his leg. Looked like a quad strain.

bulldogcountry1
02-20-2015, 10:59 AM
Is it just me or is Cohen being more transparent concerning injuries this year? I've always seen him as reluctant to talk about injuries and timetables, yet he has been very forthcoming so far. I think back to several curious sitations where it wasn't until the season was over until you got an explanation for someone not playing.

Todd4State
02-20-2015, 11:28 AM
Not that it matters a lot, but I noticed him pull up on his way to 2nd. He grabbed the front of his leg. Looked like a quad strain.

It could be. I would much rather it be a strain than a hamstring pull.

Todd4State
02-20-2015, 11:31 AM
Is it just me or is Cohen being more transparent concerning injuries this year? I've always seen him as reluctant to talk about injuries and timetables, yet he has been very forthcoming so far. I think back to several curious sitations where it wasn't until the season was over until you got an explanation for someone not playing.

As a medical professional, it's hard to pin down time tables because we all differently and no two injuries are exactly the same.

GTHOM
02-20-2015, 12:24 PM
Different topic but out of all these teams we are playing early on, besides Arizona which ones will be our best Ws

Todd4State
02-20-2015, 12:39 PM
Maybe Samford. Maybe San Diego if they start playing better. But then again what do you expect from a team that is located in a city that is German for a whale's ******?

Ole Miss, USM, Memphis, and South Alabama will help out. There is also a chance that Sundays game against Alabama A&M gets rained out, and if it does, all of a sudden we are back to three SWAC games for this year- which to me is the max limit of acceptability for SWAC games.

Todd4State
02-20-2015, 12:50 PM
And after some research, it looks like Western Kentucky has a chance to be a good team as well.

GTHOM
02-20-2015, 01:02 PM
I didnt think about the USM and governors cup games. Samford did knock us out of the tourney not too long ago, South Alabama beat us last year they are pretty good

Todd4State
02-20-2015, 01:12 PM
Interestingly South Alabama is hosting a big time tournament this weekend in Mobile. It has Arkansas, Maryland, and Central Florida in it. Maybe something we can play in the future.

The other thing about our OOC games once SEC play starts is most of those are on the road or in Pearl. When it's all said and done our schedule probably will end up not being too bad.

bulldogcountry1
02-20-2015, 01:40 PM
What are the chances of Pearl of Memphis having a 2nd or 3rd weekend tourney in the future. Memphis would be a better location to attract quality teams and fans, but the weather would typically be better in Pearl this time of year.

Todd4State
02-20-2015, 02:16 PM
I honestly don't know what the chances are of those two venues hosting a tournament, but my guess is pretty low since it hasn't been discussed that I am aware of.

That said, I think Biloxi is a possibility once they get things together. They want to host college baseball games, but I can't see MSU/Ole Miss agreeing to play five times during the regular season. I'm not sure that we want to play USM more than once and it's more convenient for us to play them in Jackson. So, an early season tournament may be the way for them to go.

Also it's possible that we could host a tournament at Dudy-Noble Field after everything gets renovated. We may be able to host some more attractive opponents like USC, Texas, and Miami than the Big 10 teams we've been hosting in the past.