PDA

View Full Version : This is a bad move by heir coach.

gravedigger
06-24-2013, 09:54 PM
Might still work but the starter had us killed. If we win this game the decision to pull the starter for ucla will be the defining moment

msstate7
06-24-2013, 09:56 PM
Ammo crushing that ball earlier got em pulled

maroonmania
06-24-2013, 10:15 PM
Also a bad move by our coach to pinch run for Porter. A little too early for that. Would have made more sense if we had been down by one run.

Coach34
06-24-2013, 10:51 PM
Yep-coulda used Porter there. Altho Frosty got a hit, but that could have been Frosty hitting at the end instead of Robson

maroonmania
06-24-2013, 11:18 PM
There was little gained by pinch running for Porter there. I wish Cohen would learn that sometimes the best move is not to make a move.

Sandman14
06-24-2013, 11:26 PM
yeah and i wish you guys would learn that you don't know a damn thing about baseball compared to cohen. the guy who put us in the title game felt that was our best chance to score. and you don't know shit. odds are that porter would have flown out to right anyway.

I get so tired of hearing this dimwitted bullshit. the ****ing 85 team never even made it this far. cohen is the sole reason we are here. and you jackasses are on here micro analyzing his moves.

Coach34
06-24-2013, 11:42 PM
yeah and i wish you guys would learn that you don't know a damn thing about baseball compared to cohen. the guy who put us in the title game felt that was our best chance to score. and you don't know shit. odds are that porter would have flown out to right anyway.

I get so tired of hearing this dimwitted bullshit. the ****ing 85 team never even made it this far. cohen is the sole reason we are here. and you jackasses are on here micro analyzing his moves.

I'm going to give you a warning this time. If you can't handle people breaking down the game, talking about moves that were made without going all Jeanspage- this isnt the place for you. If you cant handle it- I'll handle it for you.

I know a ******* lot about baseball and so do some others here. Running for Porter was a calculated move by Cohen that didnt workout. He took a chance and it didnt pan out. It happens as a coach. But not running for Porter and having him hit in the 9th would have actually been the better move considering the way it turned out in the 7th. Porter has been the best hitter we have had in Omaha- and having his bat in the 9th would have been huge. Cohen didnt have hindsight in the 7th when he decided to make the move. Some of us didnt want to make the move there when it happened though.

People dont have to be a fireman to put out a burning pile of leaves, nor do they have to be a chef to cook a great tasting steak. This place is here to discuss sports- discuss and quit being a crybaby

I seen it dawg
06-24-2013, 11:49 PM
There are some guys on here that actually do know alot of baseball and might even be able to hold their own in a strategic discusision with Cohen. Hell I called before the inning started that Porter would get on and we would run for him and it would be a mistake. That being said i cant pick another guy to be leading our program.

Actually though the Porter move was not a good one bc the pinch runner shouldn't have been used due to being down by 2 and the very likely potential we would need Porters bat in the 9th. I bet in hindsight Cohen would probably second guess himself on that one and probably was torn when he made the move. He in no way lost us this game though. All coaches make mistakes and that one wasn't a back breaker. Player execution was a back breaker.

Todd4State
06-24-2013, 11:55 PM
There are some guys on here that actually do know alot of baseball and might even be able to hold their own in a strategic discusision with Cohen. That being said i cant pick another guy to be leading our program.

Actually though the Porter move was not a good one bc the pinch runner shouldn't have been used due to being down by 2 and the very likely potential we would need Porters bat in the 9th. I bet in hindsight Cohen would probably second guess himself on that one and probably was torn when he made the move. He in no way lost us this game though. All coaches make mistakes and that one wasn't a back breaker. Player execution was a back breaker.

Orel Hershiser and Kyle Peterson questioned it too. They know baseball as well.

Sandman14
06-25-2013, 12:14 AM
I'm just pissed off.

I still disagree it was a bad move.

I am quite pissed at the backlash going on, but it is to be expected in any loss, I suppose.

I seen it dawg
06-25-2013, 12:18 AM
Backlash? You're the only one that has his drawers crammed in a bunch. Lets get em tomorrow tiger.

Coach34
06-25-2013, 08:56 AM
I'm just pissed off.

I still disagree it was a bad move.

I am quite pissed at the backlash going on, but it is to be expected in any loss, I suppose.

I dont think there is any backlash- just discussion of the game. Everybody still loves Cohen and this team.

fishwater99
06-25-2013, 09:03 AM
Orel Hershiser and Kyle Peterson questioned it too. They know baseball as well.

+1

I questioned it too, but hey what do Hershiser and Peterson know about baseball...

msumudcat
06-25-2013, 09:46 AM
Our coach, our team got us to this point. We will scrap out a win tonight. We may never be in this position again, we are playing for a NC! Hail State pass me a Natty.

maroonmania
06-25-2013, 09:59 AM
People can have different opinions on baseball strategy. You don't have to be a lifelong coach to have an opinion. Heck, I thought it was a bad move to PH Robson for Henderson in our last at bat. I thought putting a freshman that has struggled at the plate most of the year into THAT spot in the CWS was a mistake but that was my opinion and one Cohen obviously didn't share. I just personally think that sometimes factors beyond matchups can be more important. Robson made an out to end it but Henderson may have made an out as well so you just have to move on to today's game and hope we can get it done to force a third game. I think Cohen is great but IMO if he has a fault its he has a tendency to overmanage. I think he gets antsy when he isn't making roster and situational moves. Sometimes it works but other times it backfires.

Sandman14
06-25-2013, 10:10 AM
People can have different opinions on baseball strategy. You don't have to be a lifelong coach to have an opinion. Heck, I thought it was a bad move to PH Robson for Henderson in our last at bat. I thought putting a freshman that has struggled at the plate most of the year into THAT spot in the CWS was a mistake but that was my opinion and one Cohen obviously didn't share. I just personally think that sometimes factors beyond matchups can be more important. Robson made an out to end it but Henderson may have made an out as well so you just have to move on to today's game and hope we can get it done to force a third game. I think Cohen is great but IMO if he has a fault its he has a tendency to overmanage. I think he gets antsy when he isn't making roster and situational moves. Sometimes it works but other times it backfires.

yes...this is true...I also wouldn't have minded going to gentry in the 4th to save girado for game 3. but I guess I was just frustrated over the loss, and the fact still remains that no matter what cohen did, it might not have mattered. once they got their 3rd run, we might have been done for last night. I just felt it was a lack of fortune (the great catch on amm's smash) combined with ammo's failure to block up the strikeout and then ammo's errant throw. It really wasn't about John Cohen. The game came down to those 3 plays, really.

FlabLoser
06-25-2013, 10:17 AM
Regardless, we had the winning run taking an at bat in the bottom of the 9th.

We just need to avoid the wild pitch and hit a smidge better.

I am surprised we didn't bunt more last night. Everybody knew this was a low scoring game. When we get a man on 1st with 0 or 1 outs, we need to bunt that guy over.

Will James
06-25-2013, 10:47 AM
Regardless, we had the winning run taking an at bat in the bottom of the 9th.

We just need to avoid the wild pitch and hit a smidge better.

I am surprised we didn't bunt more last night. Everybody knew this was a low scoring game. When we get a man on 1st with 0 or 1 outs, we need to bunt that guy over.

If we bunt a man on first with one out you will hear me boo on the television. Mike Patrick will literally say that I can't afford to use my whole voice but I'm using it anyway if we bunt a man to second with one out.

Homedawg
06-25-2013, 12:53 PM
If we bunt a man on first with one out you will hear me boo on the television. Mike Patrick will literally say that I can't afford to use my whole voice but I'm using it anyway if we bunt a man to second with one out.

Agree. You never, ever bunt a guy w one out. That's crazy.