PDA

View Full Version : Duke/NC

It_Could_Happen
02-18-2015, 07:35 PM
One of my favorite games to watch every year. I love it when these two get together. What do you guys think tonight?

cbrunt29
02-18-2015, 07:49 PM
NC gets the upset.

Smitty
02-18-2015, 11:44 PM
THAT is college basketball.. Throwback to a better time.

msstate7
02-19-2015, 03:03 AM
THAT is college basketball.. Throwback to a better time.

I thought the last 2 mins were horrible basketball. Entertaining, but definetely not good basketball.

Maroonthirteen
02-19-2015, 06:55 AM
I agree Smitty. Good basketball. Also those players were tremendous athletes. SEC basketball is not in the same league.

msstate7
02-19-2015, 07:29 AM
I agree Smitty. Good basketball. Also those players were tremendous athletes. SEC basketball is not in the same league.

I tell you what...

I'll give you duke and UNC. I'll take arkansas and kentucky. My teams athletes are better. Kentucky needs no explanation. Arkansas has 2 freakshow athletes in qualls and portis

You wanna say that the acc as a whole has better basketball players, I won't argue. As far as athletes go though, our conference is loaded. The guys I mentioned above, Mickey (lsu), Martin (lsu), moody (OM) can jump out of the gym, jones (vandy), Houston (state) is as good an athlete as you'll find (not a good basketball player yet), and there's several more. The sec's problem is it has way more athletes than basketball players.

Maroonthirteen
02-19-2015, 10:00 AM
UNC and Duke would beat Arkansas by 20. Anywhere.

Rayburn8
02-19-2015, 10:05 AM

He isn't saying Arkansas has better players. Duke and UNC clearly have better players. He is saying they have better athletes. The SEC as a whole has a lot of really good athletes. It is just that the SEC's athletes have awful basketball IQ and fundamentals.

msstate7
02-19-2015, 10:09 AM

UNC lost to Pitt by 13
Beat bc by 11
Beat Fsu (team we beat) by 4
Lost to Iowa
Lost to butler

Arkansas can hold their own with them. UNC probably wins though,but no way UNC embarrasses them athletically

I'll match kentucky with duke. Can duke beat them by 20?

msstate7
02-19-2015, 10:20 AM
How's this for athletic?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Mlm3GSYEj6o

Qualls' highlights

Maroonthirteen
02-19-2015, 10:56 AM
The reality of the situation is, if Arkansas met duke or UNC, it would be a NCAA tournament game. I think UNC and Duke win that game easily.

Quals is an athletic player. But that game last night just looked so much faster and more above the rim than any sec game that I watched. Except Kentucky...