PDA

View Full Version : OM basketball game

msstate7
02-18-2015, 08:41 AM
Can Ray continue to hold serve at home vs om? So far Ray is 2-0 at home vs better om teams.

We've got to get another big game from sword. Sword seems to really play well vs the rebs. Fred or Daniels will have to help sword.

In the 2nd half at OM this year, summers killed us. Can we contain him better this time?

Two guys that worry for OM are white and Perez. Perez has been shooting great lately and really hits the offensive boards. White can go off for 4-5 3's in any given game. We aren't gonna stop summers and moody completely, but we can't afford to let Perez and white hurt us too.

thf24
02-18-2015, 08:46 AM
I think that sums it up pretty well. Sword needs to have a 20 point game, Ware needs to have a good game and be hitting the 18-footers, and Fred and Daniels need to be confident and have a good shooting night. And as always, try to limit the turnovers. Do all that and frustrate them on defense and I think we can pull it out in similar fashion to the last two years. It goes without saying that people need to go to the game.

Coach34
02-18-2015, 09:00 AM
We have to do a better job of finishing at the rim this time also. We have been known to leave 8-10 points on the floor simply because we couldn't finish plays at the rim.

BeardoMSU
02-18-2015, 09:22 AM
We have to do a better job of finishing at the rim this time also. We have been known to leave 8-10 points on the floor simply because we couldn't finish plays at the rim.

Well, if our guys would try to dunk from time to time, instead of all those half-ass layups, maybe we'd get some and-1's....it's like watching Women's BBall sometime with all our layups.

TheRef
02-18-2015, 09:45 AM
Well, if our guys would try to dunk from time to time, instead of all those half-ass layups, maybe we'd get some and-1's....it's like watching Women's BBall sometime with all our layups.

Lay-ups obviously are working for the women....

BeardoMSU
02-18-2015, 09:48 AM

Indeed, lol.

msstate7
02-18-2015, 09:56 AM

Maybe some of our men should say they're female in gender and petition the ncaa to play WCB**

BeardoMSU
02-18-2015, 09:58 AM
Maybe some of our men should say they're female in gender and petition the ncaa to play WCB**

No fundamentals, they'd never pan-out***

I seen it dawg
02-18-2015, 11:51 AM
Hope we win.

msstate7
02-18-2015, 12:00 PM
Hope we win.

It's bad when we have to clarify that here

dawgpound
02-18-2015, 12:02 PM
I think we will win this one since its at home. If it were in Oxfart then i wouldn't be confident at all

drunkernhelldawg
02-18-2015, 01:40 PM
Everybody knows that I hope we win. If Ware can establish inside and get us some points in the paint and some fouls, I think we can make it a game. I don't like our chances if we rely too much on outside shooting by Sword and Ready. Need Johnson and Ware throwing it straight down too.

msstate7
02-18-2015, 01:44 PM
Everybody knows that I hope we win. If Ware can establish inside and get us some points in the paint and some fouls, I think we can make it a game. I don't like our chances if we rely too much on outside shooting by Sword and Ready. Need Johnson and Ware throwing it straight down too.

Yeah and we gotta hope Om isn't on top of their game from the perimeter. When they're on, they can shoot as well as anyone

shannondawg
02-18-2015, 03:49 PM
My memory is getting shorter and shorter, but has Ole Miss ever been the favorite coming to the Hump. My site says they are 5 1/2 point favorite. Personally I wouldn't touch that.

Dawg61
02-18-2015, 04:00 PM
It's bad when we have to clarify that here

Whose hoping we don't win?

drunkernhelldawg
02-18-2015, 04:01 PM

Well, Whose is on first, and he wants to know who's hoping we don't win.

Liverpooldawg
02-18-2015, 04:02 PM

Rebels

smootness
02-18-2015, 04:10 PM
I really do think we have a chance to win each of our last 3 games, even with 2 of them being on the road. Obviously we have to be playing well to do that, but I think we can. So if we beat Ole Miss, I think we have a chance to get to 9-9 in the SEC, which would be huge.

Again, not a great chance to do that, but at least a chance.

Dawg61
02-18-2015, 04:16 PM
I really do think we have a chance to win each of our last 3 games, even with 2 of them being on the road. Obviously we have to be playing well to do that, but I think we can. So if we beat Ole Miss, I think we have a chance to get to 9-9 in the SEC, which would be huge.

We've been playing better on the road than at home lately. Weird.

msstate7
02-18-2015, 04:21 PM
We've been playing better on the road than at home lately. Weird.

We didn't play well against bama, but we played well in the previous 3 homes games [vandy, georgia (close loss), and lsu]

msstate7
02-18-2015, 04:25 PM

I agree. I hope we don't look back at the bama game as what kept us from .500 in sec play.

Dawg61
02-18-2015, 04:32 PM
We didn't play well against bama, but we played well in the previous 3 homes games [vandy, georgia (close loss), and lsu]

Georgia has fallen apart lately. We should of beaten them.

msstate7
02-18-2015, 04:35 PM
Georgia has fallen apart lately. We should of beaten them.

They've fallen apart after the injury to Michael Jord... I mean Frazier. He beat us

Dawg61
02-18-2015, 04:40 PM
They've fallen apart after the injury to Michael Jord... I mean Frazier. He beat us

Thornton was hurt. Frazier played 30 minutes last game. They've gone from being a projected 7th seed to out of the tourney. We should of taken advantage of their shitalanche.

msstate7
02-18-2015, 04:43 PM
Thornton was hurt. Frazier played 30 minutes last game. They've gone from being a projected 7th seed to out of the tourney. We should of taken advantage of their shitalanche.
K. Wrong about who was injured, but right about who beat us

Just looked at box score... Frazier out. Thornton played

Dawg61
02-18-2015, 04:44 PM
K. Wrong about who was injured, but right about who beat us

K. Wrong plays for the Cardinals**

msstate7
02-18-2015, 04:52 PM
Yeah Thornton played in loss to auburn and USCe. Frazier missed both.

Makes me feel a little better about him beating us... Just a little

Dawg61
02-18-2015, 05:20 PM
Yeah Thornton played in loss to auburn and USCe. Frazier missed both.

Makes me feel a little better about him beating us... Just a little

What's wrong with this picture?

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/player/gamelog/_/id/66248/jj-frazier

embarrassing

whosyourdawgy
02-18-2015, 05:23 PM
Turnovers will again be the key factor on if we can win this game. The zone defenses that the Rebs ran on is were tough on us. Perez at the top of that 1-3-1 zone is a nightmare. He is so long and athletic, he made it hard on us to get in to our offense. Ready and Sword will have to penetrate and not turn it over and Gavin and Roq will have to finish around the rim. Oh and the refs can't make Jarvis Summers Michael Jordan in the last 15 minutes of the game and put him on the free throw line 20 freaking times in that time frame

msstate7
02-18-2015, 05:26 PM
What's wrong with this picture?

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/player/gamelog/_/id/66248/jj-frazier

embarrassing

Yeah he went off.

Georgia did go from a tourney team with him to losing to auburn and usce without him. He's obviously a good player. He shouldn't have scored 37 though

msstate7
02-18-2015, 05:28 PM
Turnovers will again be the key factor on if we can win this game. The zone defenses that the Rebs ran on is were tough on us. Perez at the top of that 1-3-1 zone is a nightmare. He is so long and athletic, he made it hard on us to get in to our offense. Ready and Sword will have to penetrate and not turn it over and Gavin and Roq will have to finish around the rim. Oh and the refs can't make Jarvis Summers Michael Jordan in the last 15 minutes of the game and put him on the free throw line 20 freaking times in that time frame
The refs were horrible in that game.

Ray has had extra time to get us ready for the 1-3-1. We should perform better against it this time

klong-dog
02-18-2015, 07:18 PM
I guarantee we will beat their ass if we get 37 fts compared to 11 for them, which is what happened to us when we were there last month.

whosyourdawgy
02-18-2015, 09:19 PM
I guarantee we will beat their ass if we get 37 fts compared to 11 for them, which is what happened to us when we were there last month.

Of the fouls occurred. It wasn't like we were fouling with 3 minutes left to put them on the line. We were ahead trying to hold the lead and we were fouling Summers to put him on the line. He would drive and go up for a shot, throw his hands up like he was being mugged, and the whistle would blow. Damndest thing I've ever seen

TheDogFather
02-18-2015, 10:11 PM
Can Ray continue to hold serve at home vs om? So far Ray is 2-0 at home vs better om teams.

We've got to get another big game from sword. Sword seems to really play well vs the rebs. Fred or Daniels will have to help sword.

In the 2nd half at OM this year, summers killed us. Can we contain him better this time?

Two guys that worry for OM are white and Perez. Perez has been shooting great lately and really hits the offensive boards. White can go off for 4-5 3's in any given game. We aren't gonna stop summers and moody completely, but we can't afford to let Perez and white hurt us too.

He's proven he can beat better teams so far this season. So, yes he can.

Maroonthirteen
02-19-2015, 10:52 AM
Anyone going to the game tonight? I'm thinking about it. Just wondering if I can sit in the grey seats. If we will have a larger than normal crowd since it is OM.

TheRef
02-19-2015, 10:54 AM
Anyone going to the game tonight? I'm thinking about it. Just wondering if I can sit in the grey seats.

I'm going

TheDogFather
02-19-2015, 11:09 AM
Anyone going to the game tonight? I'm thinking about it. Just wondering if I can sit in the grey seats. If we will have a larger than normal crowd since it is OM.

I'm going.

Coach34
02-19-2015, 02:37 PM
I'll be there Saturday. I wish we played OM then instead

shannondawg
02-19-2015, 03:44 PM

Check your pm, my seats on floor are available and will be empty.

Liverpooldawg
02-19-2015, 03:57 PM
I'm going.