PDA

View Full Version : LSU not going quietly into the night with Patterson...

RougeDawg
02-18-2015, 05:46 AM
Talked to a "in the know" LSU buddy of mine yesterday during Mardi Gras, and he said it's not over with LSU. They know what OM is up to and are going to start firing back at some of their recruits, Especially since O came along. Les has also been heavy in the ear of the SEC office and NCAA of the antics the Bears are using on the recruiting trail. From what I've heard from him and a couple others, #TheNetwork has gone too far and is on the radar of the NCAA and SEC. We all know what an LSU and Les can get accomplished when they get their panties in a wad.

Dawgface
02-18-2015, 08:07 AM
It certainly wouldn't surprise me if Les squeals to the sec and the ncaa. Only problem, the ncaa appears to have gone in hybernation unless you self report.

RossDawg82
02-18-2015, 08:26 AM
It certainly didn't help that Les said "to hell with him" during an alumni event. That will not get Patterson back to BR

msstate7
02-18-2015, 08:31 AM
It certainly didn't help that Les said "to hell with him" during an alumni event. That will not get Patterson back to BR
He mentioned him by name?

RossDawg82
02-18-2015, 08:34 AM
no, but he didn't have to. Perception is everything and Im sure that the Patterson family saw it as he was speaking directly to him and other recruits that would ever think about leave LA for another school.

Schultzy
02-18-2015, 08:35 AM
It certainly wouldn't surprise me if Les squeals to the sec and the ncaa. Only problem, the ncaa appears to have gone in hybernation unless you self report.

This. I think the conference commissioners and the presidents have determined that the gigantic monies generated through football are too important to squander away by putting schools on probation. Les is about to learn about the file 13 process at the SEC office.

It's too hard to police anyway. Screw LSU in my opinion, they aren't squeaky clean and who are they kidding anyway? Why should their complaints weigh more heavily than other schools? It's not like they can leave the conference, that would be suicide.

I don't dislike them much less than our in state rival.

codeDawg
02-18-2015, 08:45 AM
UM might get screwed on Patterson, but it would be more Eddie O style than NCAA style. That guy does not relent.

msstate7
02-18-2015, 08:47 AM
UM might get screwed on Patterson, but it would be more Eddie O style than NCAA style. That guy does not relent.

I think michigan or someone willing to upgrade Patterson's brothers job will be the bigger threat.

BeardoMSU
02-18-2015, 08:48 AM
I may be alone in this, but I think 1 thread about an OM recruit is enough.

Coach34
02-18-2015, 08:49 AM
I still think Michigan is the biggest threat. Family loves Harbaugh

thf24
02-18-2015, 08:50 AM
I think michigan or someone willing to upgrade Patterson's brothers job will be the bigger threat.

That was my first thought, but I'm pretty sure that possibility is out of play since he's an early enrollee. Only chance is if the brother secretly worked out a deal with someone else prior to the end of the season, but that's getting into some pretty wild speculation.

I still think Michigan is the biggest threat. Family loves Harbaugh

If Patterson is serious about his main recruitment factor being getting to the NFL, I think he ends up at Michigan. Harbaugh is the John Calipari of football right now.

FISHDAWG
02-18-2015, 08:54 AM
Talked to a "in the know" LSU buddy of mine yesterday during Mardi Gras, and he said it's not over with LSU. They know what OM is up to and are going to start firing back at some of their recruits, Especially since O came along. Les has also been heavy in the ear of the SEC office and NCAA of the antics the Bears are using on the recruiting trail. From what I've heard from him and a couple others, #TheNetwork has gone too far and is on the radar of the NCAA and SEC. We all know what an LSU and Les can get accomplished when they get their panties in a wad.

I doubt Les carries anymore weight than Mark Richt or Nick Saban ....... we all know how they belly ached to the organization 2 yrs ago about cruitin in Oxford

HancockCountyDog
02-18-2015, 08:56 AM

If it was any other position other than QB, I would love LSU chances. I expect LSU to land another stud QB in the next few months, giving them 2 stud QB's in this year's class. They already have the number dual threat QB committed. ONce they have those two committed, they will move on. Same for Michigan.

Now, if Michigan doesnt take a QB commit by August, the bears should be extremely nervous.

msstate7
02-18-2015, 09:04 AM
Some more things to keep an eye on is how well Michigan plays this year, who their qb is, and Kelly's performance.

If Michigan plays well, but has no qb, I think Michigan could definetely make a move.

If kelly crashes and burns, this would definetely appeal to Patterson. Although if kelly fails, OM could have a bad season, which could hurt them. If Kelly looks great, Patterson may go where he can start as a freshman

Jack Lambert
02-18-2015, 09:09 AM
If Patterson ever wants to start for Ole Miss he better go to another school first, learn some QB stuff than transfer to Ole Miss. Just ask the other highschool guys OLe Miss has signed the past 10 years.

Ifyouonlyknew
02-18-2015, 09:15 AM
Once LSU got a commitment from Felipe Franks the Shea Patterson to LSU was over.

Coach34
02-18-2015, 09:35 AM
Once LSU got a commitment from Felipe Franks the Shea Patterson to LSU was over.

Yep. Patterson was not their top target. Michigan is the only school with a chance to steal him away

RougeDawg
02-18-2015, 09:46 AM
Yep. Patterson was not their top target. Michigan is the only school with a chance to steal him away

I got more of the sense that Eddie O and Lester just want to stick it to OM any way possible, and to be on the lookout for some Bear poaching this recruiting go round.

Ifyouonlyknew
02-18-2015, 09:51 AM
LSU doesn't care about OM getting Patterson. It's the threat of them getting Devin White or Willie Allen that they're looking at. Those 2 guys are a big enough battle with LSU & Bama they don't want another school sticking their head in. This is where OM is hoping Patterson pays off. Trying to get 3 or 4 more top 10-15 Louisiana kids.

RougeDawg
02-18-2015, 09:57 AM

I believe Les was talking about a 15 signee that spurned them this year. Can't remember who, but he made this comment on signing day to the gathering LSU held for alumni. They showed part of it on the local news here.

quickstrike2
02-18-2015, 10:01 AM

This is my thinking. We needed LSU to stay on this kid, but they really have to no reason to now. We will see what Michigan can do now I guess.

Ifyouonlyknew
02-18-2015, 10:05 AM
This is my thinking. We needed LSU to stay on this kid, but they really have to no reason to now. We will see what Michigan can do now I guess.

Patterson the player doesn't concern me as much as Patterson the recruiter. He has the potential to pull some really good guys from Louisiana. I think this is part of the reason Les loaded up on the recruiting side on his 2 defensive hires. Teams have been coming to Louisiana poaching top talent the last 3 or 4 years. This years crop in Louisiana is considered 1 of the deepest ever. You can't fight off Bama & A&M then have OM coming in too. Orgeron & Steele along with Frank Wilson will earn their money this year on the recruiting trail if they keep the top guys instate.

maroonmania
02-18-2015, 10:39 AM
From what I've heard from him and a couple others, #TheNetwork has gone too far and is on the radar of the NCAA and SEC.

Please stop with the nonsense, the NCAA isn't doing squat to OM or any other SEC team that doesn't roll over on itself. AT MOST, the SEC office might give Hugh a call and tell him to have his minions cool it a bit. And even that is unlikely.

HancockCountyDog
02-18-2015, 10:48 AM
LSU doesn't care about OM getting Patterson. It's the threat of them getting Devin White or Willie Allen that they're looking at. Those 2 guys are a big enough battle with LSU & Bama they don't want another school sticking their head in. This is where OM is hoping Patterson pays off. Trying to get 3 or 4 more top 10-15 Louisiana kids.

Allen is an absolute long shot for them.

The White kid, they have a slim shot for. I would put odds at 1000 to 1 on Allen and 100 to 1 on White.

The kids they are going to target are the kids at the summer camps that Patterson will play with. Personally I don't think it will have that big of an impact. The guys that I am even remotely concerned about with the bears are Knott & Simmons. Both are top 10 kids in the state and both will be battles. The weird thing is that I think we get Knott (Dad played at OM) and they get Simmons - our area.

Ifyouonlyknew
02-18-2015, 10:54 AM
Allen is an absolute long shot for them.

The White kid, they have a slim shot for. I would put odds at 1000 to 1 on Allen and 100 to 1 on White.

The kids they are going to target are the kids at the summer camps that Patterson will play with. Personally I don't think it will have that big of an impact. The guys that I am even remotely concerned about with the bears are Knott & Simmons. Both are top 10 kids in the state and both will be battles. The weird thing is that I think we get Knott (Dad played at OM) and they get Simmons - our area.

I could easily see that on Knott & Simmons. With Knott the thing that OM isn't taking into consideration is that his coach at OM was Tony Hughes. He & Hughes have a great relationship still also his sister runs track at MSU. If Knott stays instate I think its MSU. The only issue is that his family is already getting tired of the back & forth deal with MSU/OM so I could see him saying screw it I'll just go OOS so I won't have to deal with the drama. With Simmons the longer his recruitment goes on the better for MSU. We're going to have a really really good DL class with or without Simmons. Deion Pope, Caleb Tillman, Damion Dickens, Kaderrion Mason, & Kobe Jones is a very good class. You make room for Simmons tho. He's the icing on the cake.

I seen it dawg
02-18-2015, 11:25 AM
Patterson to OM