PDA

View Full Version : Patterson picks the Bears

coastratdog
02-17-2015, 02:15 PM
The kid can't be all that smart in choosing them. He had less than 300 yards rushing his soph & jr years. I believe Freeze's offense more an option, read run base than a drop back and throw base. Bet he did this so his brother gets a job. Merry flipmas Bears.

BeardoMSU
02-17-2015, 02:19 PM
The kid is good. That being said, for a PPQB, you need two things: 1. a good to great offensive line, and 2. a running game to compliment the pass. OM doesn't have either, presently at least....

Coach34
02-17-2015, 02:20 PM
Don't count Michigan out

dawgpound
02-17-2015, 02:21 PM
His numbers are good but i watched his videos and I dont think he's any better than Tiano

msstate7
02-17-2015, 02:22 PM
Big get by OM.

I do question a pro style qb in their offense. This will be their 2nd pro style qb along with RB, so maybe they want to go that way

thf24
02-17-2015, 02:22 PM
The Bears hired his brother a year too early. Brother still has a chance to be hired away by another potential suitor before signing day next year. And even if he does stay at OM, history indicates this type of connection isn't always a primary factor in the end. I don't know a thing about the details of the situation, but I'd only give it a 50/50 shot Patterson ends up at OM. There's just too much ammo out there against OM when it comes to recruiting high school QB's.

HoopsDawg
02-17-2015, 02:26 PM
His numbers are good but i watched his videos and I dont think he's any better than Tiano

haha, this is a great get for the Bears. He is the kind of guy you can build a class around. Kid has great fundamentals and can really throw it. OM looks really good at QB, WR, and TE down the road.

spiritual_machine2005
02-17-2015, 02:27 PM
I think he is an early enrollee.

Ifyouonlyknew
02-17-2015, 02:28 PM
Kid looks a lot like Chad Kelly did in HS.

Dawg496
02-17-2015, 02:32 PM
Yeah this is big indeed. Regardless of your opinion whether he will develop or not, everyone seems high on him and at the very least he will get them into the conversation with a lot of other good pieces.

dawgpound
02-17-2015, 02:42 PM
I'm really not worried.. they always get these big time diva recruits that get all the media attention

HoopsDawg
02-17-2015, 02:48 PM
Kid looks a lot like Chad Kelly did in HS.

Better arm than Chad Kelly. Patterson has been compared to Drew Brees by one national recruiting analyst. Chris Weinke compared him to Aaron Murray. The scout national guy called him a potential historical player. It's a great get for Ole Miss. He will also have Demarcus Lodge, Van Jefferson, and DK Metcalf to throw to at WR and Octavious Cooley at TE. That is pretty damn stout. The question for Ole Miss is can they find 2 tackles to protect him. That's why they were so pissed about losing Drew Richmond.

BeardoMSU
02-17-2015, 02:57 PM
Yeah this is big indeed. Regardless of your opinion whether he will develop or not, everyone seems high on him and at the very least he will get them into the conversation with a lot of other good pieces.

This^

The rest of y'all need to just chill. Please don't go all Defcon3 over this. OM always seems to recruit well. So what? Show me where that has translated to long term success. Also, like I said before, him being a prototypical pocket QB doesn't seem to jive with Freeze's scheme, not counting the OLine and running game issues.

mic
02-17-2015, 03:09 PM
Just that much sweeter esp when Kinciad transfers after spring practice, and Patterson de commits later on..

Coach34
02-17-2015, 03:09 PM
This is huge for them from a PR point right now to help capture other fish- whether he plays or not for them. Long way to go in recruiting- but this is a good player. Freezus will also have to adjust his offense for him- this kid isn't a runner.

Michigan an is still in play here. C'mon Harbaugh

msstate7
02-17-2015, 03:11 PM
I think there's very little chance OM lets this kid get away. What I'm hoping for is that someone ups the ante by offering his brother an on field position. If so, hopefully OM follows their lead and weakens their staff to keep Patterson

quickstrike2
02-17-2015, 03:17 PM
A really good get for them. You had to know sooner or later Freeze was going to get a top rated QB, hiring the brother was the immediate in and I'm sure both will be well compensated. It kind of hurts that LSU has the #1 dual threat guy already committed, so usually you would think they would swoop and get him. Hopefully Harbaugh can steal him, but I'm figuring he ends up at Ole Miss, especially being an early enrollee. We just have to keep recruiting well and focus on us.

smootness
02-17-2015, 03:18 PM
We know that Freeze's style is prone to decommitments later in the process. Usually QBs stick, but there have been several top QBs in recent years who haven't, and Patterson has already committed to Arizona prior to this.

If they get him enrolled, then that's a great job by the staff. But it could be risky to use him to land other guys; if Patterson decommits and enrolls early elsewhere, you may start losing additional guys, too.

But again, we know their style is to go big even when it's risky. It paid off in a big way in 2013, but it hasn't worked out the same way the last couple of years. This is likely going to either be a grand slam or an even bigger disappointment.

msstate7
02-17-2015, 03:20 PM
It'll be interesting if they just give him the starting job as a freshman. If he doesn't start right away, will he stay? Can't imagine this kid is going to OM to ride pine

sandwolf
02-17-2015, 03:24 PM
He had less than 300 yards rushing his soph & jr years. I believe Freeze's offense more an option, read run base than a drop back and throw base.

Wallace only had 199 rushing yards (15.3 yards/game) last year. I am pretty sure that those numbers include sacks, but I still don't remember him doing very much running last year. And Patterson supposedly runs a 4.67s 40, so he will be more than capable of running Freeze's offense.

smootness
02-17-2015, 03:28 PM
He has said that the most important thing to him is getting to the NFL, so he is looking for the offense that will best get him there.

It's hard to think that is Freeze's offense, but he already knows what it is, and he committed, so...

It has to be enticing to want to play with those WRs, though. Like I said, we'll see what happens. Best case for them, Patterson's reported off-field issues are nothing, he enrolls early, and brings more talent with him. Worst case, he decommits, their class starts to fall apart, and they still don't address their primary needs. If that were to happen 3 classes in a row, it would probably be too much to overcome.

This year is big for them. I think they have to at least match what they did last year or it will be tough to keep Patterson.

Ifyouonlyknew
02-17-2015, 03:31 PM
Better arm than Chad Kelly. Patterson has been compared to Drew Brees by one national recruiting analyst. Chris Weinke compared him to Aaron Murray. The scout national guy called him a potential historical player. It's a great get for Ole Miss. He will also have Demarcus Lodge, Van Jefferson, and DK Metcalf to throw to at WR and Octavious Cooley at TE. That is pretty damn stout. The question for Ole Miss is can they find 2 tackles to protect him. That's why they were so pissed about losing Drew Richmond.

I like the Murray comparison don't think his arm is quite as explosive as Murray's was/is. He is a very good player just looking as unbiased as I can I just don't see a program changing QB on his own. Now if he brings 3 or 4 of the top 10-15 out of Louisiana then he most definitely is. Usually when you watch the #1 QB in the country you see a sure fire NFL top draft pick type kid I just don't see that when I watch Patterson. Again I see a mid 4* kid which is really good but I don't see that 5* kid.

msstate7
02-17-2015, 03:33 PM
He has said that the most important thing to him is getting to the NFL, so he is looking for the offense that will best get him there.

It's hard to think that is Freeze's offense, but he already knows what it is, and he committed, so...

It has to be enticing to want to play with those WRs, though. Like I said, we'll see what happens. Best case for them, Patterson's reported off-field issues are nothing, he enrolls early, and brings more talent with him. Worst case, he decommits, their class starts to fall apart, and they still don't address their primary needs. If that were to happen 3 classes in a row, it would probably be too much to overcome.

This year is big for them. I think they have to at least match what they did last year or it will be tough to keep Patterson.

If getting to the nfl is the biggest issue with him, I can't imagine Michigan not being a factor if they play well this year. Harbaugh knows what it takes to get to the nfl. He was an nfl qb, nfl coach, coached the best young nfl qb in college, and his brother is still an nfl coach.

If getting to the nfl is patterson's main concern, no way freeze stacks up with harbaugh.

NCDawg
02-17-2015, 03:38 PM
Guess that means they will challenge Alabama for the no. 1 recruiting class in America. What concerns me is that we couldn't beat them when they had an injured QB and a not very good OL. Just a poor coaching job in my opinion last year. I think (and hope) this will all change under Diaz.

Liverpooldawg
02-17-2015, 03:40 PM
The game was in Oxford. For the last 20 years if the home team has a pulse they usually win.

Bothrops
02-17-2015, 03:46 PM
Good for the starbaters. But....there's no way a 6'2 pocket passer from a private school is #1 qb, in reality. I won't believe it until I see it. If he turns out almost as good as Dak, which will be as good as he could do, I'll be shocked. Pocket passers are a dime a dozen. If this kid was a duel threat 5* I'd be more intrigued.

msstate7
02-17-2015, 03:50 PM
Good for the starbaters. But....there's no way a 6'2 pocket passer from a private school is #1 qb, in reality. I won't believe it until I see it. If he turns out almost as good as Dak, which will be as good as he could do, I'll be shocked. Pocket passers are a dime a dozen. If this kid was a duel threat 5* I'd be more intrigued.

Hopefully he's the next booty

EAVdog
02-17-2015, 03:55 PM
Pretty obvious if someone else gives Big Brother a better job he follows. Other folks can play that game. Risky but worth it if it pays off.

However if Big Bro bolts in January could really implode the class.

Bothrops
02-17-2015, 03:56 PM
They've got a 4* pocket passer now, I'm sure he's developed into the starting role for next season.

I'm sure they're excited about him**

engie
02-17-2015, 04:10 PM
Guess that means they will challenge Alabama for the no. 1 recruiting class in America. What concerns me is that we couldn't beat them when they had an injured QB and a not very good OL. Just a poor coaching job in my opinion last year. I think (and hope) this will all change under Diaz.

Is it just my troll radar that trips on this guy pretty consistently? Maybe so, I dunno....

On our new class coming in:

I agree it does seem to be a very talented group. Now, question is who is not going to qualify out of this group?

Ole Miss seems to have a lock on the Panola County kids. The only ones I remember us getting are Derek Pegues, Kevin Cooper, and a lineman from North Panola that never contributed.

I don't know. Ole Miss is pretty shrewd. Since they didn't get caught after the C J Johnson episode, they probably think they can get away with just about anything.

I tend to agree with you that we won't get Lewis or Miggins. I've been disappointed too many times over the years that when it comes down to the wire, it seems we lose out. I hope we're both pleasantly surprised and we get at least one of the two. But, regardless, we will have a very good class if all our commitments stay with us.

I agree. Most of the time, that is true, however, there was a good OL by the name of Doug Buckles out of Madison several years ago who grew up a State fan, but as we know, we didn't get him. But that is a story for a different time.

On Javon

"Surrounded by UM People"-I thought we had a bunch of fans in the Petal-Hattiesburg area. Guess we didn't "surround" him enough.

I think if he was coming with us, he would have already publicly stated it. By his silence, I assume he is going to keep his commitment to Ole Miss. Hope I'm wrong.

I agree. It would be nice to see what Hevesy could do if we did actually get some of the top OL targets we go after. Based on our history, we may never know, but I venture to say if we did, we would be pretty good.

You shouldn't say things like that. You will dubbed as an Ole Miss troll, like I was when I asked whether or not Leo Lewis had decommited from Ole Miss, after someone on here emphatically stated he would sign with State.

Um, hate to tell you. but I'm not a Rebel-far from it. I just get tired of people putting on a message board that a certain kid is going to sign with us when they don't have any inside knowledge whatsoever. Like a lot of people posted about the Campbell kid the other day. You can hope he signs with us, like I do, but don't emphatically say that he will.

That's great news. So I guess you have clear evidence that he has rescinded his commitment to Ole Miss.

It would appear more than likely. The last I heard was that he had committed to Ole Miss. I haven't seen anything that indicates he has rescinded his commitment.

No, you're not alone. We might as well accept the fact that we aren't going to be able to get the big name offensive lineman recruit with this coaching staff. It happens this way year after year.

How many times have you seen State flip someone else's commitments, particularly Ole Miss? I venture to say not very often. Don't like to be pessimistic, but I fully expect Lewis to honor his commitment and sign with Ole Miss. I hoped for some signing day "surprises" last year, but there weren't any.
IMO, we really need somebody like Orgeron to give a boost to our nationwide recruiting.

smootness
02-17-2015, 04:27 PM
If getting to the nfl is the biggest issue with him, I can't imagine Michigan not being a factor if they play well this year. Harbaugh knows what it takes to get to the nfl. He was an nfl qb, nfl coach, coached the best young nfl qb in college, and his brother is still an nfl coach.

If getting to the nfl is patterson's main concern, no way freeze stacks up with harbaugh.

I agree with you. We'll see if he was serious about that.

NCDawg
02-17-2015, 04:38 PM
Nice that you are so infatuated with me. No. I'm definitely not a "troll". I don't see anything in my posts that would even suggest that I am a "troll". In fact, I'll bet I've been a season ticket holder and member of the Bulldog Club longer than you have. I'm sorry my views conflict with yours, but so be it. Apparently you must think that every post that isn't a "sunshine" post is posted by a "troll" person. I guarantee nobody on this board wants to see State win more than I do.

DawgFromOxford
02-17-2015, 04:42 PM
Then only thing Patterson does for them at this point is get them more looks from top players and boost their recruiting ranking. The ranking doesn't matter but the recruiting is a huge advantage. Even if Patterson bails on OM, there would more than likely still be a couple of guys he recruited there that would stay in the end which is what I think will happen. Patterson is just enjoying the money and the girls for now. I'd be willing to bet he signs somewhere else come signing day.

engie
02-17-2015, 04:45 PM
Nice that you are so infatuated with me. No. I'm definitely not a "troll". I don't see anything in my posts that would even suggest that I am a "troll". In fact, I'll bet I've been a season ticket holder and member of the Bulldog Club longer than you have. I'm sorry my views conflict with yours, but so be it. Apparently you must think that every post that isn't a "sunshine" post is posted by a "troll" person. I guarantee nobody on this board wants to see State win more than I do.

To be such a hardcore State fan, you sure do spend a majority of your posts taking up for Ole Miss and Ole Miss interests. FAR most glaringly in the Leo Lewis debate. That's all I'm saying. You've thrown my troll radar from day 1 -- and I thought it was just consequential for a time -- but at some point things become obvious either way.

NCDawg
02-17-2015, 04:57 PM
To be such a hardcore State fan, you sure do spend a majority of your posts taking up for Ole Miss and Ole Miss interests. FAR most glaringly in the Leo Lewis debate. That's all I'm saying. You've thrown my troll radar from day 1 -- and I thought it was just consequential for a time -- but at some point things become obvious either way.

You are absolutely wrong. Maybe you should check your "troll" radar, as it needs to be recalibrated. I'm definitely not an Ole Miss fan, but I am not blind to their success if they get it. I will give them credit for their win over us last year, since they earned it much to my chagrin. But, because I give them credit doesn't mean that I am a fan of theirs, whether you believe me or not.

WillClarkFan
02-17-2015, 06:33 PM
This is huge for them from a PR point right now to help capture other fish- whether he plays or not for them. Long way to go in recruiting- but this is a good player. Freezus will also have to adjust his offense for him- this kid isn't a runner.

Michigan an is still in play here. C'mon Harbaugh

He was laser timed back in Dec. at 4.55 according to Rivals. That's almost as fast as Manzel at 4.50. Don't know if that will translate to football speed but he can run pretty well.

msstate7
02-17-2015, 06:36 PM
He was laser timed back in Dec. at 4.55 according to Rivals. That's almost as fast as Manzel at 4.50. Don't know if that will translate to football speed but he can run pretty well.

Come on Will... You've got to get better at trolling

WillClarkFan
02-17-2015, 06:47 PM
Haha... You so funny. I love this site. It is by FAR the most entertaining. I can't believe that it is free. I would pay for this!!!!

Just been reading a lot today since I am snowed/iced in today and I read on Rivals about his times. His commitment is on ALL sites. Hell, he is #1 at his position and some sites have him the #3 overall prospect. When your Rival school gets a commitment of that magnitude, you pay attention.

Ifyouonlyknew
02-17-2015, 06:52 PM
I've never seen it posted he read a 4.55 40 laser time. Do you know where you saw it at?

WillClarkFan
02-17-2015, 06:59 PM
It was on The Rivals site.

Homedawg
02-17-2015, 07:01 PM
Haha... You so funny. I love this site. It is by FAR the most entertaining. I can't believe that it is free. I would pay for this!!!!

Just been reading a lot today since I am snowed/iced in today and I read on Rivals about his times. His commitment is on ALL sites. Hell, he is #1 at his position and some sites have him the #3 overall prospect. When your Rival school gets a commitment of that magnitude, you pay attention.
Or you favorite school in your case.

BeardoMSU
02-17-2015, 07:11 PM
This just in: we're on page 3 and nearly 4k views in a thread regarding an Ole Miss recruit who is currently a junior in high school****

Coach34
02-17-2015, 07:13 PM
Apparently you must think that every post that isn't a "sunshine" post is posted by a "troll" person.

How about 1 sunshine post out of you? Would that be asking too much?

Coach34
02-17-2015, 07:14 PM
This just in: we're on page 3 and nearly 4k views in a thread regarding an Ole Miss recruit who is currently a junior in high school****

well, almost 45% of our readers wear red and blue according to google

BeardoMSU
02-17-2015, 07:15 PM
well, almost 45% of our readers wear red and blue according to google

Lol, good point.

smootness
02-17-2015, 07:37 PM
Seriously, how is WillClarkFan still allowed to post here?

I mean, his name is WillClarkFan. The guy isn't even trying to be subtle.

Tripp McNeely
02-17-2015, 07:48 PM
He's a Louisiana kid who LSU had 4th(ish) (maybe 3rd at best) on their board (from everything I've heard, they had Franks, Pass and Dwayne Haskins all ranked on their boards above him)...he's fools gold. Who cares! We need this kid! http://247sports.com/Player/Keondre-Wudtee-34400

WillClarkFan
02-17-2015, 07:48 PM
What are you talking about???

I make a post on a thread that someone else started about an a OM recruit and you just assume I am a troll.

You are one paranoid dude.

NCDawg
02-17-2015, 07:51 PM
How about 1 sunshine post out of you? Would that be asking too much?

No it wouldn't be asking too much. I didn't realize that I was perceived to be posting negative posts.

I was very pleased with our signing class this year and firmly believe we are going to be a better team this coming year than we were last year. I thought Diaz was a terrific hire, and think I have posted that many times on here.

It seems to me some people are almost paranoid that there are "trolls" on this board who are actually Ole Miss fans. Let me assure you I am not in that category.

Homedawg
02-17-2015, 07:57 PM
Seriously, how is WillClarkFan still allowed to post here?

I mean, his name is WillClarkFan. The guy isn't even trying to be subtle.

This guy is an obvious black bear clown.

Ifyouonlyknew
02-17-2015, 08:00 PM
He's a Louisiana kid who LSU had 4th(ish) (maybe 3rd at best) on their board (from everything I've heard, they had Franks, Pass and Dwayne Haskins all ranked on their boards above him)...who cares! We need this kid! http://247sports.com/Player/Keondre-Wudtee-34400

I really like Wudtee. I'm anxious to see how he improves this spring & the good weight he gains over into the summer.

smootness
02-17-2015, 08:22 PM
What are you talking about???

I make a post on a thread that someone else started about an a OM recruit and you just assume I am a troll.

You are one paranoid dude.

Are you talking about me? If so, I think you're the only poster I've ever 'accused of being an OM fan' and called for a ban for. That should tell you something. It's blatantly obvious and has been since day one.

msstate7
02-17-2015, 08:26 PM
I really like Wudtee. I'm anxious to see how he improves this spring & the good weight he gains over into the summer.

Is he our #1qb target?

I seen it dawg
02-17-2015, 08:31 PM
Patterson Not to OM

WillClarkFan
02-17-2015, 08:32 PM
Whatever..... I am more maroon and white than you will ever know.

Shorty McWilliams took me to my first game as a kid. You do know who he is don't you??

I seen it dawg
02-17-2015, 08:34 PM
Wudtee is at the rival high school of Daks. Runs very similar offense. He was the backup to Brandon Harris and will be a top-rated dual threat guy.

Homedawg
02-17-2015, 08:47 PM
Whatever..... I am more maroon and white than you will ever know.

Shorty McWilliams took me to my first game as a kid. You do know who he is don't you??

Well if that's true, he should have popped you in the mouth for being infatuated with the rebels. I've never seen someone who knows so damn much about every recruit they have.

WillClarkFan
02-17-2015, 08:52 PM
Lol... Maybe that is why his daughters all married Rebel men....he didn't hit them on the head either. Lol

mic
02-17-2015, 09:07 PM
Patterson for Heisman....

Ifyouonlyknew
02-17-2015, 09:10 PM
Is he our #1qb target?

I think Jalen Hurts is 1 but I believe Wudtee is 2.

Ifyouonlyknew
02-17-2015, 09:11 PM
Wudtee is at the rival high school of Daks. Runs very similar offense. He was the backup to Brandon Harris and will be a top-rated dual threat guy.

His frame & game are pretty similar to Harris. I do think he'll be a little bigger than Harris coming out of HS tho.

DancingRabbit
02-17-2015, 09:20 PM
Lol... Maybe that is why his daughters all married Rebel men....he didn't hit them on the head either. Lol

LOL You're a bearshark troll LOL LOL

NCdawg is just a glass half-empty sort

msstate7
02-17-2015, 09:22 PM
LOL You're a bearshark troll LOL LOL

NCdawg is just a glass half-empty sort

Glass empty kinda guy haha

SDDawg
02-17-2015, 09:47 PM
Won't qualify. **

Bucky Dog
02-17-2015, 09:48 PM
FWIW, I work with a guy whose kid goes to Calvary with Patterson. Said he is a good kid and good family and he is really close to his brother. Was planning to go to LSU with his brother but in steps Freezus and hires the older brother. Smart move but damn!

Big4Dawg
02-17-2015, 09:57 PM
Kinda sucks this happened so early. All i have to hear about at work now is how this will be a top 5 class.

RougeDawg
02-17-2015, 10:01 PM
This guy is an obvious black bear clown.

Yes, WCFan is obviously a bear. I guess everyone forgets his posts from back during the season when he was promoting that both MS teams being ranked was beneficial and he kept talking up Bucky and the Bears.

Until OM actually develops any player, let alone a QB, I'm not worried. Add that to the face that they've "out recruited" us star wise for pretty much most of the last decade, yet find theirselves sniffing our balls at the end of the season when it comes to finishing in the SEC, I'm still not worried. Unless they start recruiting "star heavy" across the board on a regular basis I'm also not worried. If you look at their classes, they are either star heavy on defense or star heavy on offense, and there's usually two or three years between these start studded classes. By the time one group is greatly contributing, the other is gone. Plus a pro style QB in Bucky's offense better have 3-5 Vagunsils guarding him on the line. The bears will ever learn. Signing a top heavy, one sided class every few years will never lead to long term success. Let them win the recruiting battle, because as we've seen, it's pretty much the only place they can win consistently.

If any of these top recruits had a mind they'd look at how much talent OM has wasted the last quarter century. But, then again $50-100K for momma out of high school is very difficult to turn down and easily overshadows how much talent they have wasted and careers they have ended. CJ Johnson should come to mind anytime a top guy lets the Furniture, Silverado, Tahoe, Suburban, or wad of cash cloud their mind. CJ would have been an NFL draft pick had he chosen to come play LB for State. Instead he took the furniture, truck, and $60K cash to go play out of position and hope to make a CFL/Arena team roster. It's just sad that these kids can't envision the future and get sucked in to the plantation, only to fade into oblivion in life and the minds of the rebel faithful after they have paid their due on the gridiron. These kids also don't realize the only reason the OM alum give them the time of day is they think then can help them on the field or court. Once your eligibility is done, so is their loyalty to the player. I don't understand why we dont use this to recruit against them, and I'm surprised that these other SEC big boys are allowing them to come in and purchase out from under them. This isn't over, but they will still finish behind us until they start signing balanced classes.

ShotgunDawg
02-17-2015, 10:07 PM
FWIW, I work with a guy whose kid goes to Calvary with Patterson. Said he is a good kid and good family and he is really close to his brother. Was planning to go to LSU with his brother but in steps Freezus and hires the older brother. Smart move but damn!

Is it a good move?

I know it takes reminding, but college football is about winning games, not recruiting well. I'm not sure that hiring family members of recruits is a great way to run a program. The entitlement, favoritism, etc.... could be detrimental in the long run.

It is probably worth it for OM because they have had little success attracting quality QBs, but I wouldn't say this is a good move yet. There is certainly a down side to the move, and that's having to hire a family member to get it done. I'll be curious to see how this plays out.

WillClarkFan
02-17-2015, 10:40 PM
Yes, WCFan is obviously a bear. I guess everyone forgets his posts from back during the season when he was promoting that both MS teams being ranked was beneficial and he kept talking up Bucky and the Bears.

Until OM actually develops any player, let alone a QB, I'm not worried. Add that to the face that they've "out recruited" us star wise for pretty much most of the last decade, yet find theirselves sniffing our balls at the end of the season when it comes to finishing in the SEC, I'm still not worried. Unless they start recruiting "star heavy" across the board on a regular basis I'm also not worried. If you look at their classes, they are either star heavy on defense or star heavy on offense, and there's usually two or three years between these start studded classes. By the time one group is greatly contributing, the other is gone. Plus a pro style QB in Bucky's offense better have 3-5 Vagunsils guarding him on the line. The bears will ever learn. Signing a top heavy, one sided class every few years will never lead to long term success. Let them win the recruiting battle, because as we've seen, it's pretty much the only place they can win consistently.

If any of these top recruits had a mind they'd look at how much talent OM has wasted the last quarter century. But, then again $50-100K for momma out of high school if very difficult to turn down and easily overshadows how much talent they have wasted and careers they have ended. CJ Johnson should come to mind anytime a top guy lets the Furniture, Silverado, Tahoe, Suburban, or wad of cash cloud their mind. CJ would have been an NFL draft pick had he chosen to come play LB for State. Instead he took the furniture, truck, and $60K cash to go play out of position and hope to make a CFL/Arena team roster. It's just sad that these kids can't envision the future and get sucked in to the plantation, only to fade into oblivion in life and the minds of the rebel faithful after they have paid their due on the gridiron. These kids also don't realize the only reason the OM alum give them the time of day is they think then can help them on the field or court. Once your eligibility is done, so is their loyalty to the player. I don't understand why we dont use this to recruit against them, and I'm surprised that these other SEC big boys are allowing them to come in and purchase out from under them. This isn't over, but they will still finish behind us until they start signing balanced classes.

RogueDog, you must have me confused cause I did not join this site till late Jan. of this year.

Sad to say, but most of my post on here have been trying to convince a bunch of paranoid fans that seem to think that every new poster is a BearShark, that I belong. I have not mention one thing about us and TSUN benefitting from the success of this past year. So for the record, you might want to check your memory bank again.

RougeDawg
02-17-2015, 10:43 PM
Kinda sucks this happened so early. All i have to hear about at work now is how this will be a top 5 class.

Shouldn't be worried if they sign the top class. What did their last top class get them? One win over us and finished behind us two straight seasons. When will our fans realize that no matter how well they recruit, they will always fall short because they only recruit by stars, not by what they need or who fits their program. They sell their souls to sign ********* to boost their classes and perception, no matter how detrimental it is to team chemistry or long term sustained success. Their atmosphere is toxic, and until they repair the toxic situation surrounding their recruiting and program, they will never amount to anything with any top class they recruit. The last decade should fully clarify that for everyone.

RougeDawg
02-18-2015, 05:39 AM

Hold the f*ck up here. How would someone with only 10 posts know all these likeliness comparisons and talk about all these other players With such certainty and specifics, and not be a bear troll. I've barely heard of the kid and you know of 14 different guys from 8 sites comparing him to everything from future NFL hall of famers to God. Every post you've made in this thread sounds just like it came from the spirit. Your posts wreak of bear shit all around. Nice try Yancy.

Need the Banhammer on this guy with a quickness.

Barkman Turner Overdrive
02-18-2015, 06:38 AM
Hold the f*ck up here. How would someone with only 10 posts know all these likeliness comparisons and talk about all these other players With such certainty and specifics, and not be a bear troll. I've barely heard of the kid and you know of 14 different guys from 8 sites comparing him to everything from future NFL hall of famers to God. Every post you've made in this thread sounds just like it came from the spirit. Your posts wreak of bear shit all around. Nice try Yancy.

I think 10 is his Vcash total. Fat Tuesday must have been epic.

solodawg
02-18-2015, 07:22 AM
RogueDog, you must have me confused cause I did not join this site till late Jan. of this year.

Sad to say, but most of my post on here have been trying to convince a bunch of paranoid fans that seem to think that every new poster is a BearShark, that I belong. I have not mention one thing about us and TSUN benefitting from the success of this past year. So for the record, you might want to check your memory bank again.
Cadaver has been saying this guy is a troll since he first started posting...Dude, you're a troll, and not a very good one. Youre one weird little ****!!

Alldawg
02-18-2015, 08:03 AM

Hoops has just as many post on this board as you do. The post count is always a first line of defense

HancockCountyDog
02-18-2015, 08:44 AM

Hoopsdawg is all maroon. He calls it like he sees it most times, anyone that would try and discount the caliber of Patterson would be trolling. He is a top prospect in the country. There really is no point arguing that.

THe issue for Patterson is that it is hard as hell to throw the ball laying on our back. The bears losing Richmond has put a massive hole in their OL. They are screwed on the OL, and it doesn't really matter if they sign solid OL in the 2016 class or not, because they take longer to develop, and by then Patterson will be gone.

I seen it dawg
02-18-2015, 11:21 AM
Amending stance due to new info

Patterson TO OM