PDA

View Full Version : By what margin can Ole Miss beat us for us to

TheDogFather
02-17-2015, 11:12 AM
say we suck and then not get eviscerated on this board for being unreasonable?

If we lose by 5 will we be told "we're improving"

If we lose by 10 will we be told "we played hard"

If we lose by 20 will we be told "we've had to overcome injuries"

If we lose by 30 will we be told "Rick Stansbury killed the program"

I hope we win.

I'm sure this thread will get locked before anyone has a chance to reasonably respond to a reasonable question. Unlike a petty post about "bitter Stands supporters".

Coach34
02-17-2015, 11:16 AM
no loss at home- except to Kentucky- is acceptable. But one game doesnt define the season. For the hundreth time- many of us want him gone if we end up 5-13 in the SEC. But if he gets to 7-8 wins- its really hard to deny the progress and overcoming the early season injuries.

It's not hard

Jack Lambert
02-17-2015, 11:36 AM
no loss at home- except to Kentucky- is acceptable. But one game doesnt define the season. For the hundreth time- many of us want him gone if we end up 5-13 in the SEC. But if he gets to 7-8 wins- its really hard to deny the progress and overcoming the early season injuries.

It's not hard

I agree. But my opinion is this. If he beats Ole Miss or end at 500 for the year I am good for him staying for one more season. If either of those do not happen I understand he is here but I will not be happy.

msstate7
02-17-2015, 12:21 PM

I hope we win.

I'm sure this thread will get locked before anyone has a chance to reasonably respond to a reasonable question. Unlike a petty post about "bitter Stands supporters".

You don't start threads like this if you want us to win.

Liverpooldawg
02-17-2015, 12:30 PM

I hope we win.

If he get's to .500 overall he should get another year. If he doesn't 3 three sub .500 seasons in a row at a SEC schools is enough, no matter what the circumstances.

msstate7
02-17-2015, 12:39 PM
If he get's to .500 overall he should get another year. If he doesn't 3 three sub .500 seasons in a row at a SEC schools is enough, no matter what the circumstances.

Good thing you weren't AD when we hired Richard Williams. His first 3 sec records are...

3-15
6-12
7-11

His 4th was 7-11 also. He finally got a winning sec record (13-5) and ncaa birth in his 5th year

drunkernhelldawg
02-17-2015, 01:04 PM
I'm not about to say we suck. Losing by one or more always sucks, however.

War Machine Dawg
02-17-2015, 01:17 PM

http://i.imgur.com/cuCPKY3.gif

Liverpooldawg
02-17-2015, 01:23 PM
Good thing you weren't AD when we hired Richard Williams. His first 3 sec records are...

3-15
6-12
7-11

His 4th was 7-11 also. He finally got a winning sec record (13-5) and ncaa birth in his 5th year

As I have repeatedly posted that was a different time and a totally different situation. I'm talking overall record by the way. Williams made the NIT his 4th year. He also had Carter and Burns on the team by his 3rd year. Do you see anyone of that caliber on this one?

I seen it dawg
02-17-2015, 01:23 PM
N

I hope we win.

What would it take for you to just simply want the team to win?

thf24
02-17-2015, 01:24 PM

Exactly. You also don't disappear when we win, then show up crowing when we lose again and speak as if we haven't won a game this year.

msstate7
02-17-2015, 01:26 PM
As I have repeatedly posted that was a different time and a totally different situation. I'm talking overall record by the way. Williams made the NIT his 4th year. He also had Carter and Burns on the team by his 3rd year. Do you see anyone of that caliber on this one?

No I dont. I do see potential great players on the way in weatherspoon, hicks, and simonds. Hopefully Ray can show improvement enough to get these kids on the court. If Ray crashes and burns next season though, I don't wanna give him more time to get hicks and simonds here.

engie
02-17-2015, 01:27 PM
I hope we win.

No you don't. Your true feelings have been made clear through your actions.

Every time we win, you disappear. Nowhere to be found -- nowhere to discuss basketball on any level whatsoever. We drop one or play badly, and you can't get to this board fast enough to post your head off about it....

drunkernhelldawg
02-17-2015, 01:35 PM
It's dismaying that we get this shit following a road SEC win. My question is, what will it take for some of you to appreciate the huge improvement we (should be but aren't for some reason) enjoying this year. Sports fans and their egos are the worst aspect of sports. If you were right about something from the past, chalk it up on your private list, but consider the idea that living in this moment may be more appropriate that blowing your old, worn out horns.

"I told you so!!!!"

"Appreciate it, Genius. You were something! Now about your bill today . . . "

You suck right now, in case you're still catching up.

bluelightstar
02-17-2015, 02:04 PM
It's dismaying that we get this shit following a road SEC win. My question is, what will it take for some of you to appreciate the huge improvement we (should be but aren't for some reason) enjoying this year. Sports fans and their egos are the worst aspect of sports. If you were right about something from the past, chalk it up on your private list, but consider the idea that living in this moment may be more appropriate that blowing your old, worn out horns.

"I told you so!!!!"

I think people are pissed because our "huge improvement" is still a pretty crappy team.

drunkernhelldawg
02-17-2015, 03:19 PM
I think people are pissed because our "huge improvement" is still a pretty crappy team.

If you want to say so, then I guess. But we do have five SEC wins, including three on the road. Are all the teams except Kentucky "crappy"?

TheDogFather
02-17-2015, 04:37 PM

3-15
6-12
7-11

An, as usual, argument out of context. Williams (89-113) followed up Boyd (29-61) and Hatfield (21-33). Williams, an average coach, followed up less than average coaching. The expectations were different.

Unless you have sub-.500 expectations for MSU basketball - then I can understand where you are coming from.

TheDogFather
02-17-2015, 04:39 PM
N

What would it take for you to just simply want the team to win?

I've invested over 25 years, season tickets, and unwavering Bulldog Club support since before graduation into MSU basketball. If anyone wants to win (again), it's me. Thank you.

TheDogFather
02-17-2015, 04:40 PM
No you don't. Your true feelings have been made clear through your actions.

Every time we win, you disappear. Nowhere to be found -- nowhere to discuss basketball on any level whatsoever. We drop one or play badly, and you can't get to this board fast enough to post your head off about it....

As you attempt to delve off into my psyche, let me mention that you have no idea what my feelings are.

engie
02-17-2015, 04:50 PM
As you attempt to delve off into my psyche, let me mention that you have no idea what my feelings are.

You're right. But I've got a VERY good idea what your actions are. And that is enough of a basis to have a pretty damn good idea about your "feelings"...

engie
02-17-2015, 04:51 PM
I've invested over 25 years, season tickets, and unwavering Bulldog Club support since before graduation into MSU basketball. If anyone wants to win (again), it's me. Thank you.

Yet you run and hide every time we do some winning....

TheDogFather
02-17-2015, 06:04 PM
Yet you run and hide every time we do some winning....

We used to compete in beach volleyball way back when I was in school. We would beat the crap out of almost anyone who wanted to play. Even made some tournament money. Rarely, a team would beat us - and when they would beat their chests and run their mouths about how great they were because they beat us one out of 8 or ten matches, everyone would look at them and wonder how stupid it was to brag like that.

When we are a winning program again - not when we "do some winning" - I will be happy to beat my chest and say how great we are doing.

The problem is there is so much Rick Stansbury butt-hurt - propitiated by a select few - that many want to win, not for the good of the program, but to spite Rick Stansbury. Hence the incessant name-calling ("Stands"). And as soon as anyone calls them out they are roundly criticized.

TheDogFather
02-17-2015, 06:20 PM

"I told you so!!!!"

Indicative of a program that is so bad that beating the worst team in the conference is something to celebrated without critique.

Homedawg
02-17-2015, 06:22 PM
An, as usual, argument out of context. Williams (89-113) followed up Boyd (29-61) and Hatfield (21-33). Williams, an average coach, followed up less than average coaching. The expectations were different.

Unless you have sub-.500 expectations for MSU basketball - then I can understand where you are coming from.
Well then, good thing you weren't the AD when rick was the head coach. Because after 3 years his sec record was 20-28 w the players HE recruited under williams. He should have been a fired ass under your rules.

TheRef
02-17-2015, 06:29 PM
This thread is just stupid....legitimately....

Coach34
02-17-2015, 06:42 PM
The problem is there is so much Rick Stansbury butt-hurt.

There is alot of that alright- and these little babies still arent over his removal and continue to be mad at me and our AD. But should we win Thursday night- please make sure and stop by to celebrate with us

MabenMaroon
02-17-2015, 07:58 PM
This thread is just stupid....legitimately....

Dead on, best comment on the thread.