PDA

View Full Version : Top recruit says Ole Miss is racist- wow

Coach34
06-24-2013, 05:35 PM
http://www.thebiglead.com/index.php/2013/06/24/top-recruit-says-ole-miss-is-racist-has-monthly-kkk-rallies/

" He claims he encountered racism, and said there are KKK rallies “every month.”

Pollodawg
06-24-2013, 05:36 PM
This will make the rounds, but it won't hurt their recruiting any. Enough cash and ass will smooth everything over with most kids nowadays.

hailmari
06-24-2013, 06:06 PM
Unfortunately, you're right. But maybe it'll be enough to get a few in-state guys' attention. [Hampton]

AlSwearengen
06-25-2013, 09:54 AM
meh, they will just throw a few more dollars at the recruits, which won't be a big deal for them. They are definitely going to have a team of hired guns though. These kids aren't going there because of oxford, the school, the program, etc. They have to hope these players are focused on performing in hopes of an nfl future, if not, then the rebels could get screwed.

sandwolf
06-25-2013, 10:11 AM
The last paragraph of that article is a little confusing to me.

It should be noted Ole Miss landed the No. 1 recruit in the Class of 2013, Robert Nkemdiche, who was part of a very strong class.

Why exactly should that be noted?

DawgInMemphis
06-25-2013, 10:25 AM
The last paragraph of that article is a little confusing to me.

Why exactly should that be noted?

Because Nkemdiche is very strong and can pick up heavy things, much like many of the other very strong recruits they signed to put together their very strong class. Or perhaps because he's not a white guy and the focus of the article is on KKK rallies. It makes me chuckle when people talk about how one recruiting class means UM is going to be better than us forever from here on out and that Mullen can't recruit yada yada yada. In this age of instant information, prisoner of the moment syndrome (POTMS) is a pandemic. These things can only be evaluated over several seasons - one year does not a program make.

FISHDAWG
06-25-2013, 02:23 PM
lets give the guys some attention from our twitterdawgs
ETA - @marlon_humphrey