PDA

View Full Version : Wow, OM still playing tomorrow.

MsStateBaseball
02-16-2015, 08:55 PM
Smtt

missouridawg
02-16-2015, 09:00 PM
Why shouldn't they?

Smitty
02-16-2015, 09:08 PM
Just cold no rain. Wish we'd play.

MsStateBaseball
02-16-2015, 09:23 PM
I think we canceled for another reason...

Hints of RPI trouble. Coaches go to Warren Nolan and check out RPI down the road. The nitty gritty report is important down the stretch.

They need to replace valley w someone better.

smootness
02-16-2015, 09:25 PM
I think we canceled for another reason...

Hints of RPI trouble. Coaches go to Warren Nolan and check out RPI down the road. The nitty gritty report is important down the stretch.

They need to replace valley w someone better.

Yup. We're not canceling because of the weather.

messageboardsuperhero
02-16-2015, 09:47 PM
Just cold no rain. Wish we'd play.

No... I'm very glad we're not playing tomorrow, and hopefully we schedule someone better down the line.

We could be playing tomorrow too if we wanted. Weather has little to do with this cancellation.

Big4Dawg
02-16-2015, 10:04 PM
I don't get it. Did the coaches think Miss Valley was going to be good?

Todd4State
02-16-2015, 10:16 PM
It's not because they didn't think we would be any good. It's because we pulled out of a tournament and another tournament folded and we had to scramble to find weekend opponents.

We replaced those teams with a usually solid San Diego team and then had to scramble to get Marshall and Alabama A&M.

Smitty
02-16-2015, 10:18 PM
This is a game where a Rooker, Reynolds, Holland, Hump, Britton etc could get some AB's and get going. We aren't going to lose to Valley so the crying is for naught.

Todd4State
02-16-2015, 10:19 PM
No... I'm very glad we're not playing tomorrow, and hopefully we schedule someone better down the line.

We could be playing tomorrow too if we wanted. Weather has little to do with this cancellation. I am too five SWAC teams is too many. We're probably not going to make this game up because sitting at home is more beneficial to us than playing them.

Todd4State
02-16-2015, 10:21 PM
This is a game where a Rooker, Reynolds, Holland, Hump, Britton etc could get some AB's and get going. We aren't going to lose to Valley so the crying is for naught.

They have four more SWAC teams for that. For now anyway. (Looking at you Alcorn)

missouridawg
02-17-2015, 07:07 AM
I'm a little surprised at how many people are comfortable with us scheduling opponents and then quitting them for our benefit two days before the game. I, personally, think that's a shitty thing to do.

Furthermore, we should've never pulled out of the Houston tournament to begin with.

messageboardsuperhero
02-17-2015, 09:11 AM
I'm a little surprised at how many people are comfortable with us scheduling opponents and then quitting them for our benefit two days before the game. I, personally, think that's a shitty thing to do.

Furthermore, we should've never pulled out of the Houston tournament to begin with.

Oh, I'm in full agreement. It makes us look stupid and rude. I don't think we should schedule any SWAC teams in the first place- at least no more than 1/year.

MSUDawg4Life
02-17-2015, 09:23 AM

I would tend to agree with you if I believed the game was cancelled only because they were in the SWAC. Total dick move especially to a team that is just down the road.

However, yesterday somebody tweeted a picture of The Dude when it was sleeting. The stadium and the field were covered with ice. Today, according to Weather.com, the high in Starkville is expected to be 37 and the low is expected to be 23 degrees. That means it would be around freezing at game time. I know that I wouldn't want to play or watch a game in freezing temperatures on a icy field. That's just my opinion.

Todd4State
02-17-2015, 09:40 AM

There are clauses in the contract that prevent damages if a game is canceled. MVSU is still probably getting some money out of it. If they weren't being treated fairly by us, I'm sure the local media would have picked up on it by today.

engie
02-17-2015, 09:55 AM
OM game cancelled BTW...

MSUDawg4Life
02-17-2015, 01:28 PM
Hmmm.

JONESBORO,Ark. ? Arkansas State says its game at Ole Miss has been postponed because of poor field conditions brought on by winter weather.

The teams had been scheduled to play Tuesday afternoon at Oxford, Mississippi. A statement from Arkansas State said winter weather the past few days had made the field unplayable and that the game will be rescheduled.

The weather made the field unplayable. You don't say ....

engie
02-17-2015, 01:30 PM
Not the water, but the ice. Their drainage could easily handle the amount of precipitation they'd had. Swayze is frozen over solid right now...

MSUDawg4Life
02-17-2015, 01:31 PM
I know. Like I said, I saw a picture of our stadium the same way. Nobody wants to play on ice.

smootness
02-17-2015, 01:34 PM
Hump has already gotten going. That guy is going to have a huge year, and C34 is going to wish he could go back and retract his prediction.