PDA

View Full Version : Too much butter with his crab legs?

DancingRabbit
02-16-2015, 11:30 AM
Apparently it's from a month ago but started circulating this weekend. I guess the leash around his waist makes his gut look bigger but still ...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B90e2gqIYAA5I5H.jpg

Jack Lambert
02-16-2015, 11:41 AM
Who are you talking about?

TheRef
02-16-2015, 11:42 AM
Who are you talking about?

It's Famous Jameis

Irondawg
02-16-2015, 11:44 AM
This has Jamarcus Russell watch all over it. I'd be very very nervous if I were the Bucs and just pray and offer that was decent came in.

LC Dawg
02-16-2015, 11:45 AM
If they had kept that leash on him during his career at FSU he would be the undisputed #1 draft pick right now.

Jack Lambert
02-16-2015, 11:55 AM
It's Famous Jameis

I should have locked on to the crab legs.

Westdawg
02-16-2015, 12:09 PM
not sure, but it does look like that is an older pic of Jameis. He looks a bit younger. maybe from when he was in high school?

Dawg61
02-16-2015, 12:33 PM
This has Jamarcus Russell watch all over it. I'd be very very nervous if I were the Bucs and just pray and offer that was decent came in.

Bananas are yellow. School buses taste like bananas then.

jumbo
02-16-2015, 12:38 PM
I don't think this is legit

DancingRabbit
02-16-2015, 12:39 PM
not sure, but it does look like that is an older pic of Jameis. He looks a bit younger. maybe from when he was in high school?

According to his workout coach early-mid January this year.

http://nesn.com/2015/02/coach-explains-out-of-shape-jameis-winston-photo-circulating-internet/

smootness
02-16-2015, 12:39 PM
Yeah, I really do think the rope has a lot to do with it. I've seen other pictures of him, and he looks like he's in good shape. He's definitely a big guy, more like a McNabb or Roethlisberger, but I don't think he's fat.

gravedigger
02-16-2015, 01:15 PM

Correlation does not equal causation. Love your quote.

shoeless joe
02-16-2015, 01:34 PM

You are the only one making THAT comparison.

For the record I do thin jameis will be more successful than Russell but it will be interesting to see it play out.

Dawg61
02-16-2015, 01:43 PM
You are the only one making THAT comparison.

For the record I do thin jameis will be more successful than Russell but it will be interesting to see it play out.

What does Russell have to do with Winston? They aren't similar QBs imo at all. So what about Winston says he's the next JaMarcus Russell? It's flawed logic therefore bananas are yellow so school buses taste like bananas.

shoeless joe
02-16-2015, 01:47 PM
What does Russell have to do with Winston? They aren't similar QBs imo at all. So what about Winston says he's the next JaMarcus Russell? It's flawed logic therefore bananas are yellow so school buses taste like bananas.

They are both quarterbacks with all the physical tools. just like Russell, it appears Winston's only hurdles to being successful will come from off the field issues that could spill over into on-field results.

I guess your "offense" meter wouldn't have alerted you if he had compared him to Ryan leaf.

DudyDawg
02-16-2015, 01:47 PM
If you're gonna compare anyone to Russell I would compare Jones at OSU. Big body, big arm, I don't think he will be as good as those few games suggested

ShotgunDawg
02-16-2015, 01:59 PM
And you point is what.........?

What skill does Winston lose if he has a small gut? He's still the most rhythmic pass that can throw out of well of anyone in the draft since Andrew Luck

http://wp.streetwise.co/wp-content/uploads//2014/02/Screen-Shot-2014-02-22-at-11.51.22-PM.png

Dawg61
02-16-2015, 02:11 PM
They are both quarterbacks with all the physical tools. just like Russell, it appears Winston's only hurdles to being successful will come from off the field issues that could spill over into on-field results.

I guess your "offense" meter wouldn't have alerted you if he had compared him to Ryan leaf.

Geno Smith would be a better comparison than Russell. I don't remember hearing Russell having any issues at LSU either so when people compare Winston to him it sounds like just slinging mud on Winston to me. Say what you really wanna say instead of dancing around it please.

shoeless joe
02-16-2015, 02:26 PM
Geno Smith would be a better comparison than Russell. I don't remember hearing Russell having any issues at LSU either so when people compare Winston to him it sounds like just slinging mud on Winston to me. Say what you really wanna say instead of dancing around it please.

My point is that I think it is a fair comparison when talking about off field issues affecting on field results. I am not comparing their games. IMO Winston's game is far better than Russell's at the same time in their careers. But to act like there aren't off the field concerns is idiotic. I don't think the color of their skin has a single thing to do with the off field concerns surround Winston or the off field issues that affected Russell. You seem to be the only one making that parallel.

smootness
02-16-2015, 02:28 PM
The best comparison I can make, for several reasons, is Roethlisberger.

He's got the same kind of timing and release on his throw. It looks like he's laboring, but it comes out of his hand really well.

Dawg61
02-16-2015, 02:42 PM
My point is that I think it is a fair comparison when talking about off field issues affecting on field results. I am not comparing their games. IMO Winston's game is far better than Russell's at the same time in their careers. But to act like there aren't off the field concerns is idiotic. I don't think the color of their skin has a single thing to do with the off field concerns surround Winston or the off field issues that affected Russell. You seem to be the only one making that parallel.

The parallel doesn't make any sense. There's been a hundred QB's drafted in between Russell and Winston. So why are people comparing the two? Russell didn't get into trouble until AFTER he got drafted so there's only two reasons why people are comparing them. They both are the #1 overall pick and they both are black.

shoeless joe
02-16-2015, 03:04 PM
The parallel doesn't make any sense. There's been a hundred QB's drafted in between Russell and Winston. So why are people comparing the two? Russell didn't get into trouble until AFTER he got drafted so there's only two reasons why people are comparing them. They both are the #1 overall pick and they both are black.

The thing is Winston could come into the league and have no issues and be a good QB. The people who are making the comparison are assuming he will screw up and be a bust. And if we go back and look at the last QB To come out as the top pick and be a major bust 99% of the folks will point to Russell. Before that it was Ryan leaf. Off the top of my head I can't think of another recent #1-#2 QB that ended up a bust.

Again, I'm not of the opinion that he will be a bust; but because of his skill set I think IF he is it will be due to off field issues just like what was the case with Russell.

fishwater99
02-17-2015, 10:54 AM

I don't think Winston will score that well on the Wonderlick... He might be more similar to Russell than you think..

gtowndawg
02-17-2015, 11:12 AM
I know because I noticed he was wearing Adidas cleats in the pic, which I found odd because FSU is Nike and I'm sure he has truckloads of Nike cleats.

Anyway, he's in Michigan today for a workout (just got there from San Diego), SportsCenter showed a live pic of him walking into U of M's facility, and he was carrying that exact pair of Adidas cleats.

Maybe he signed with Adidas, I don't know, but point being, that pic has to be from the last few weeks I would say.