PDA

View Full Version : TE '15

msstate7
02-16-2015, 08:26 AM
Anyone a little concerned about this position group? My favorite player in this group will be true freshman jones. Walley showed a little this year, but he's had injury problems during his career. Christy, Hammond, and Dixon are unknowns. Hutcherson showed little this year.

For us to be the offensive team we're capable of, a te has to emerge

BeardoMSU
02-16-2015, 08:33 AM
With as little as we used Hutcherson last year, he should have redshirted. Not many people have 6'7" TE's; I hate seeing 1 of his 2 years here essentially wasted. If he didn't have the hands we should have moved him to LT.

thf24
02-16-2015, 09:07 AM
I'm a little concerned about the position this year. I think Dontea Jones is our next star at TE, but he's not going to be ready to play this year. I like Walley as a receiver (tall, fast, decent hands), but he's going to have to get a little tougher. Granted it was in the rain, but his big catch against Auburn could have been a big momentum swing the other way if he hadn't been as close to the sideline. He's also got some work to do to be more than a liability as a blocker. Everyone else besides him is an unknown, including Hutcherson. I'm sure someone will emerge given how many bodies we have on the roster, but as of now it's definitely one of our least comfortable positions.

bulldawg28
02-16-2015, 09:18 AM
TE's is one of those positions that doesn't take a veteran to play. I'm not worried at all about this position. We've got plenty of talent to handle this.

LibraryDawg
02-16-2015, 09:21 AM
FWIW, I saw last week that the walkon QB Josiah Phillips had been moved to TE. He will still probably never see the field but still the coaches moved him for some reason.

smootness
02-16-2015, 12:28 PM
I really like Walley as a receiver. I think we'll use him a lot this year.

MSUDawg4Life
02-16-2015, 12:53 PM
FWIW, I saw last week that the walkon QB Josiah Phillips had been moved to TE. He will still probably never see the field but still the coaches moved him for some reason.

He has a much better chance of getting on the field at TE than he did at QB. If I remember correctly, he's a good size for that position. With so much uncertainty surrounding the TE position, maybe the kid will surprise us.

LibraryDawg
02-16-2015, 05:25 PM
He has a much better chance of getting on the field at TE than he did at QB. If I remember correctly, he's a good size for that position. With so much uncertainty surrounding the TE position, maybe the kid will surprise us.

The thing with him is he was homeschooled and I dont think he had played organized football before this past year. So he is probably still learning the game and TE is easier to learn than QB.

BulldogDX55
02-16-2015, 05:37 PM
With as little as we used Hutcherson last year, he should have redshirted. Not many people have 6'7" TE's; I hate seeing 1 of his 2 years here essentially wasted. If he didn't have the hands we should have moved him to LT.

I'm pretty sure he came here with 3 to play 3 eligibility.

HoopsDawg
02-16-2015, 05:43 PM
I'm pretty sure he came here with 3 to play 3 eligibility.

Nope. 1 year left. He's our only attached TE. Rufus may have to slide back out there in short yardage situations.

Political Hack
02-17-2015, 10:41 AM
Nope. 1 year left. He's our only attached TE. Rufus may have to slide back out there in short yardage situations.

we've got plenty of bodies to throw at TE, attached or not. I'm not worried about it at all. I'm worried about the same spots I'm always worried about... OT and DL... and kicker.