PDA

View Full Version : Speaking of baseball RPI

MsStateBaseball
02-15-2015, 08:14 PM
The next few games could very well be ugly and be hurting RPI. Valley, Alabama a and m, alcorn state. Those four games could be very long.

We are very good at taking balls, waiting for a strike etc. These teams got blown out already in some games.

messageboardsuperhero
02-15-2015, 08:28 PM
Our first 10 games are against teams I expect to have RPIs of 200+... We should be okay as long as we don't lose any of them though. San Diego and Samford also had bad first weekends, but I expect Arizona to be better than they were last year. Overall, our pre-SEC nonconference schedule is a joke.

MsStateBaseball
02-15-2015, 09:10 PM
I think Cohen made it easy BC he really didn't know what he had in August-Sept, when it was put together. He hopes the SEC will make up the RPI.

Now in 2016, he is supposed to play at Dodgertown classic and we have Oregon visiting. I think the schedule gets better as our talent increases.

He is sort of Polkish, playing local teams for the sake if it.

messageboardsuperhero
02-15-2015, 09:27 PM
I think Cohen made it easy BC he really didn't know what he had in August-Sept, when it was put together. He hopes the SEC will make up the RPI.

Now in 2016, he is supposed to play at Dodgertown classic and we have Oregon visiting. I think the schedule gets better as our talent increases.

He is sort of Polkish, playing local teams for the sake if it.

Yeah, it should be better going forward. Hopefully we don't back out of Dodgertown like we did for the Minute Maid.

I think last year kind of made Cohen hesitant to play solid teams early- after the team maybe lost some confidence dropping games to WCU, Memphis, UCSB, and Arizona early while experimenting. It got us off to a slow start that we were never quite able to recover from.