PDA

View Full Version : We just got a mention by Will Ferrell on the SNL40 special

Dawgbite
02-15-2015, 07:23 PM
Not by name but he was asked about the cowbell sketch and he said it's unbelievable that it went from a once rejected sketch to being played in stadiums!

mstatefan91
02-15-2015, 07:38 PM
Do other stadiums use that skit besides ours?

Dawgbite
02-15-2015, 07:47 PM

Seems like I have heard of another school who rings cowbells but I don't remember who.

Drewbowski
02-15-2015, 07:48 PM
thats a stretch

DawgHouseUnited
02-16-2015, 08:32 AM

Back before football season when we were talking about convincing Strick to call Guinness & set the world record for cowbells, I think it was mentioned that some minor league baseball team had set the current record? Maybe they've played it wherever that record is held.

starkvegasdawg
02-16-2015, 09:17 AM
Back before football season when we were talking about convincing Strick to call Guinness & set the world record for cowbells, I think it was mentioned that some minor league baseball team had set the current record? Maybe they've played it wherever that record is held.

Whatever came of that record attempt? Did he just blow us off?

DawgHouseUnited
02-16-2015, 09:25 AM

Far as I know, yeah. I don't think we ever got anywhere after that initial push. Maybe if we started earlier this year, give 'em more time to consider it? To be honest, we could even do it for SBW & still break the record, I believe. Then re-set the record with 50k at DWS this fall.

Jack Lambert
02-16-2015, 09:25 AM

I think they want records to be broken and if we ever set the record that one would hold forever or until we decide to break it again.

DawgHouseUnited
02-16-2015, 09:55 AM
I think they want records to be broken and if we ever set the record that one would hold forever or until we decide to break it again.

It never got any traction from the admin. I think someone looked it up and said that Guinness would send someone to verify the count or something like that. The holdup seemed to come from the athletic dept.

But yeah, if they wanted us to "just barely" break the record, SBW would be a good time to do it.

Tbonewannabe
02-16-2015, 12:46 PM
It costs a good bit to get Guiness to come verify.

mstatefan91
02-16-2015, 01:11 PM
Scott said it wasn't a priority right now