PDA

View Full Version : So what say ye? situation....late in the game

gravedigger
06-24-2013, 03:56 PM
score tied 1-1. We've only gotten 4 hits, next 3 batters have none of them for us. Ct, Nick A and Frazier. We get Ct on with a single.

Bottom of the 7th.

Do we bunt him to second? Yes, I know the stats say dont. But the situation may be that you are running out of chances. Do we have Nick lay the bunt down?

(no outs)

archdog
06-24-2013, 04:03 PM
score tied 1-1. We've only gotten 4 hits, next 3 batters have none of them for us. Ct, Nick A and Frazier. We get Ct on with a single.

Bottom of the 7th.

Do we bunt him to second? Yes, I know the stats say dont. But the situation may be that you are running out of chances. Do we have Nick lay the bunt down?

(no outs)

Yes, lay down the bunt. If it's 1-1 any run could be the winner. Got to force the issue and make them make the great play. I would say the odds are greater to hit into a double play with ammo at bat. Here's to hoping it doesn't come down to this.

I seen it dawg
06-24-2013, 04:09 PM
Yes but we will be up at least 4-1 by then.

Todd4State
06-24-2013, 05:38 PM
Yes, you put him in scoring position plus you reduce the chance of a double play since you have a catcher running.

Again, you manange a baseball game based on the individuals involved and the game situation.

LiterallyPolice
06-24-2013, 06:38 PM
Yes, I know the stats say dont.

I don't think this is correct. Bunting in the "no out man on first scenario" increases your likelihood of scoring 1 run. But if you are looking to score more than that... then stats say don't bunt.

So, since that one run is huge in your scenario, stats say bunt.