PDA

View Full Version : We got at least one round ball coach that knows what he is doing.

shannondawg
02-15-2015, 10:44 AM
Schaffer has been busy.

#1 High school gal in the state, Jazmun Holmes, 5'9" combo guard ( Top 100 nationally in some publications ) excellent ball handler/scorer

Top 20 Natonal JUCO recruit ( most publications ) Jazmin Spears 6'1" w/f, very powerful, great touch and range and has proven to a banger down low.

Top 30 national center, Zion Campbell, 6'4" very long arms, extremely quick for her size, shot blocker/rebounder, developmental ball handling and good shooter.

engie
02-15-2015, 11:05 AM
Yep -- he's going to compete for national titles here. Soon. This current team has Sweet 16-level ability, possibly Elite 8. And it's almost all freshmen and sophs. The next 2 teams after this one have a chance to truly compete for titles IMO. I can't imagine making a better hire in that sport...

coastdoglover
02-15-2015, 11:18 AM
He and his staff can recruit. Jazz Holmes was heavily recruited by Florida and LSU and she came to State. It helped that her dad and mom were both former athletes at MSU but she will play immediately and we have our sights on the best Junior in the state at West Harrison high who is one of Jazz's best friends.

Schaffer has been busy.

#1 High school gal in the state, Jazmun Holmes, 5'9" combo guard ( Top 100 nationally in some publications ) excellent ball handler/scorer

Top 20 Natonal JUCO recruit ( most publications ) Jazmin Spears 6'1" w/f, very powerful, great touch and range and has proven to a banger down low.

Top 30 national center, Zion Campbell, 6'4" very long arms, extremely quick for her size, shot blocker/rebounder, developmental ball handling and good shooter.

Dawgface
02-15-2015, 11:49 AM
He's done a great job. Hope he gets a nice raise.

TheRef
02-15-2015, 11:53 AM
He's done a great job. Hope he gets a nice raise.

Oh he will...especially if he has the postseason run I know this team is capable of. If we could get to the point of hosting the first two rounds of the NCAA Tournament, we could have a helluva good time in the Hump.

shannondawg
02-15-2015, 11:59 AM
You see, we can have nice discussions about round ball.

TheRef
02-15-2015, 12:02 PM
You see, we can have nice discussions about round ball.

It is quite sad, sometimes, when people refuse to watch a game because it's women's. Sure they may not have flashy dunks or anything like that, but damn if it isn't just as exciting.

bulldawg28
02-15-2015, 12:05 PM
It is quite sad, sometimes, when people refuse to watch a game because it's women's. Sure they may not have flashy dunks or anything like that, but damn if it isn't just as exciting.

Exactly. I remember when we had Thomas and White it was an awesome duo.

TheRef
02-15-2015, 12:08 PM
Exactly. I remember when we had Thomas and White it was an awesome duo.

Now we have Vivians, Morgan, Okorie, etc. ******* this team is young and talented. We can only go up from here, even without Martha.

Dawgface
02-15-2015, 12:09 PM

I normally don't watch, but I did see some of the KY game. I was at a bar/grill and saw most of the 2nd half. Very exciting close to the game. Too bad we ended up on losing.

MabenMaroon
02-15-2015, 01:10 PM
Schaffer has been busy.

I saw that posted somewhere:)

shannondawg
02-15-2015, 01:13 PM
I saw that posted somewhere:)

Don't know , probably was, but I got it in an email, and thought it worthy of this board.