PDA

View Full Version : So I predicted 50 HRs

MsStateBaseball
02-15-2015, 09:50 AM
Anyone think differently now? You don't think Rea and Hump won't gave 10 apeice? Collins 10? Numerous others 5?

Yes we will see better pitching but we as hitters will get better. It hasn't even warmed up!!

What say you?

Saltydog
02-15-2015, 09:54 AM
given up as many as we've hit this year, course we're only 3 games into year.........

msstate7
02-15-2015, 10:02 AM
given up as many as we've hit this year, course we're only 3 games into year.........

And the pitching we'll face is going to get better along with the batters our pitching will face.

I'm happy with the start though

Saltydog
02-15-2015, 10:02 AM
double posts......

engie
02-15-2015, 10:07 AM
If Vickerson is hitting them out --- everyone on our team is a homerun threat other than maybe Robson...

We've hit 10% as many doubles, 11% as many triples, and 19% as many homeruns as we had in our entire 63 game season last year in the first 3 games this year.

I still think the balls are only going to make a 10% difference******

shoeless joe
02-15-2015, 10:12 AM
Did someone predict the balls WOULDNT make a difference?

I'd like to see this trend over several more weekends before I get too excited. Early in the year guys are more apt to see fastballs in hitters counts, especially young guys. But it is encouraging and the new balls should make the game more enjoyable from a fan perspective.

ETA: I really wish high school baseball would consider the same change or go back to BESR regs on bats.

MsStateBaseball
02-15-2015, 10:14 AM
By all indications, every team will hit a bunch. CWS should be fun now.

Big reason why Butch wants ball low in the zone.

engie
02-15-2015, 10:21 AM
Did someone predict the balls WOULDNT make a difference?

I'd like to see this trend over several more weekends before I get too excited. Early in the year guys are more apt to see fastballs in hitters counts, especially young guys. But it is encouraging and the new balls should make the game more enjoyable from a fan perspective.

ETA: I really wish high school baseball would consider the same change or go back to BESR regs on bats.

Someone that likes to start a million call out threads making baseball unreadable here when they are right about something argued that at great length, yes...

More fastballs early in the season is more than cancelled out by how dead Dudy noble is before it starts to really warm up. This isn't a singular case of msu -- offense being back in college baseball is indicated by scores all around the country.

ETA: We didn't hit our 4th HR until the 13th game last year... We will be looking for #4 in game 4 today...

Todd4State
02-15-2015, 10:42 AM
I like the fact that it feels like real baseball again. In Omaha, you could throw it belt high down the pipe and it would be an easy fly out. That's not right.

Smitty
02-15-2015, 11:09 AM
I said we wouldn't be as far back to pre-BBCOR days as the Engine said. I believe I said 20% back to those times. Engine said 60%. We'll see who's right in May.

We averaged 13.25 HR in league play the last 4 years (BBCOR)

09-10 years we averaged 36 HR in league play.

If we are 20% of the way back like I said, it will be around 18 HR in league play.
If we are 60% of the way back like Engine says, it will be around 26 HR in league play.

Slugging %
11-14 average is a .342 SLG% in SEC play
09-10 average is a .464 SLG % in SEC play

20% back would be a .366 SLG% - WJ
60% back would be a .415 SLG% - Engine

Again, we'll see after 30 league games.

engie
02-15-2015, 11:12 AM
The bet was across college baseball. Not MSU. That was a nice try.

AND you said "10-15%" difference -- that the effects of the new ball would be minimal across the game. Already crawfishing a bit, I see...

Smitty
02-15-2015, 11:16 AM
The bet was across college baseball. Not MSU. That was a nice try.

AND you said "10-15%" difference -- that the effects of the new ball would be minimal across the game. Already crawfishing a bit, I see...

No I threw that number out in a post and solidified on 20%. You know this. Man up and take those predictions, hell even Vickerson is dropping bombs, less than 1 HR a game in league play should be cake for you.

messageboardsuperhero
02-15-2015, 11:21 AM
By all indications, every team will hit a bunch. CWS should be fun now.

Big reason why Butch wants ball low in the zone.

Keeping the ball down is going to be much more important now than it was the past few years, and nobody in college baseball is better at teaching pitchers to keep the ball down than Butch Thompson. The double play numbers we've had since 2012 back that up. I'm glad we have him.

defiantdog
02-15-2015, 11:28 AM
Keeping the ball down is going to be much more important now than it was the past few years, and nobody in college baseball is better at teaching pitchers to keep the ball down than Butch Thompson. The double play numbers we've had since 2012 back that up. I'm glad we have him.

I'm just glad baseball season has started. It'll take our minds off that basketball crap.