PDA

View Full Version : OM loses to William and Mary..

MsStateBaseball
02-14-2015, 03:46 PM
They just don't have it. Why D1 ranked them....

Like I said if they win 35 I will be shocked

maroonmania
02-14-2015, 03:49 PM
Yep, pretty embarrassing to lose to a team with only 2 players. And one was a girl. :)

msstate7
02-14-2015, 03:52 PM
Yep, pretty embarrassing to lose to a team with only 2 players. And one was a girl. :)

I laughed

MetEdDawg
02-14-2015, 03:56 PM
I have to believe we will crack into the Top 25 on D1 if we sweep this weekend. With OM already having lost to William and Mary and Tennessee losing to FIU yesterday, I have to imagine we would be in with a good weekend.

I'm not one to usually to complain about early season rankings, but in this case I would like to see us get some respect after this weekend if we sweep. I want us to go ahead and get into the Top 25 to set the tone early. Different set of circumstances for football. Have to learn how to play ranked and play with a target. But at this point the baseball team and program should expect the ranking and need to go ahead and get that expectation taken care of.

smootness
02-14-2015, 04:00 PM
I can't imagine Ole Miss would drop from 18 to out if they win game 3.

We could get in, but I wouldn't necessarily expect it.

joben3
02-14-2015, 04:18 PM
they lost one game, I am going to wait a few weeks before claiming they don't have it, just my opinion.

Coach34
02-14-2015, 04:24 PM
Thats Beisball!!

Coach34
02-14-2015, 04:25 PM
they lost one game, I am going to wait a few weeks before claiming they don't have it, just my opinion.

True- but I never thought they were going to be all that good anyway...lost way too much

msstate7
02-14-2015, 04:27 PM

Yeah it's early, but smith is one of their weekend guys though. Not a good sign

joben3
02-14-2015, 04:39 PM
True- but I never thought they were going to be all that good anyway...lost way too much

I hope you all are correct!

engie
02-14-2015, 04:49 PM

Everyone was saying the same thing last year...

They are as talented as they were last year. Time will tell how long it takes them to translate it to game action...

Todd4State
02-14-2015, 08:29 PM
Everyone was saying the same thing last year...

They are as talented as they were last year. Time will tell how long it takes them to translate it to game action...

The biggest things they had going for them last year were a lot of guy with 4-5 years of experience.

MsStateBaseball
02-14-2015, 08:39 PM
Like I said, just wait till they play Vanderbilt, Florida and Louisville.

engie
02-14-2015, 09:05 PM
The biggest things they had going for them last year were a lot of guy with 4-5 years of experience.

And the biggest thing they've got going for them this year is essentially 2 more classes of Godwin recruits with the guys that were behind those 4th/5th year guys now getting their chance...

You never know in advance how far a team will go and how they'll do when the bright lights come on, as we saw firsthand ourselves last year -- but their talent level is as high as it's been...

Todd4State
02-14-2015, 09:48 PM
And the biggest thing they've got going for them this year is essentially 2 more classes of Godwin recruits with the guys that were behind those 4th/5th year guys now getting their chance...

You never know in advance how far a team will go and how they'll do when the bright lights come on, as we saw firsthand ourselves last year -- but their talent level is as high as it's been...

I don't know if it's as high as it's ever been because they are going to miss Ellis and Laxer plus they were stronger at catcher and corner outfield last year. They're still good though.

missouridawg
02-14-2015, 09:53 PM
I have to believe we will crack into the Top 25 on D1 if we sweep this weekend. With OM already having lost to William and Mary and Tennessee losing to FIU yesterday, I have to imagine we would be in with a good weekend.

I'm not one to usually to complain about early season rankings, but in this case I would like to see us get some respect after this weekend if we sweep. I want us to go ahead and get into the Top 25 to set the tone early. Different set of circumstances for football. Have to learn how to play ranked and play with a target. But at this point the baseball team and program should expect the ranking and need to go ahead and get that expectation taken care of.

I want us ranked solely so I don't have to scroll all the way to the bottom of the D1Baseball.com scores page to see our scores. Top25 are listed at the top.

Howboutdemdogs
02-14-2015, 11:11 PM
Vandy struggled to win today again a no name. Our chances look great this year.