PDA

View Full Version : first game-baseball

MsStateBaseball
02-13-2015, 08:49 PM
I thought it well as expected. Sure we should have scored more runs. Guys played with passion. Smith and Holland are for real. Bullpen lights out.

Year still depends on starting pitching. Once we go ,6 innings I feel real good about winning.

Once we get over the jitters and it warms up, I think we will take off.

msstate7
02-13-2015, 08:55 PM
Speaking of starters... Who we got starting tomorrow?

messageboardsuperhero
02-13-2015, 09:01 PM
I hope nothing is seriously wrong with Smith's leg. He is a dynamic player.

Robson haters are silent tonight- some of us have been saying all along that there's a reason Cohen likes him so much. It'll be interesting to see what he can do against some better pitching. Our order will be so much better if/when Humphreys gets comfortable and Collins comes back.

Our offense has a chance to be more multi-dimensional than any team Cohen has had here.

engie
02-13-2015, 09:13 PM
Bats died as the sun went down, which is pretty normal at DNF. We've still got to do a better job with situational hitting though. Leadoff guy on 3B and failing to get him in, bases loaded 1 out and failing to get guys in, etc...

DudyDawg
02-13-2015, 09:16 PM
I was very timid about Robson. Not any more. He's nasty on the bases. Hump had two chances w one out and a runner on third to get him in and failed. Need to do better if he wajts to stay in the three hole. Good start tho. Biggest complaint. COLDDDDD once the sun went away

MsStateBaseball
02-13-2015, 09:17 PM
I would pitch Laster versus Miami then Sexton against Cincinnati w Ross coming behind him. Sunday is McCord and bullpen. I wouldn't count on playing Tuesday.

MsStateBaseball
02-13-2015, 09:18 PM
Robson did very well against international players with Canada team. All about adjustments. He has adjusted now.

MsStateBaseball
02-13-2015, 09:20 PM
We should have scored 10.

MsStateBaseball
02-13-2015, 09:26 PM
I would not have put Rooker at cleanup. He badly missed on the strikeout. He needs experience before you put him there.

Treemydawg
02-13-2015, 09:36 PM
I would not have put Rooker at cleanup. He badly missed on the strikeout. He needs experience before you put him there.

Agreed, but is there a better way for him to get that experiance than just throwing him into the fire. Experience is the best teacher.

Todd4State
02-13-2015, 09:50 PM
Robson did very well against international players with Canada team. All about adjustments. He has adjusted now.

With Robson it's more about being healthy. He was a huge loss last year.

Todd4State
02-13-2015, 09:51 PM
Bats died as the sun went down, which is pretty normal at DNF. We've still got to do a better job with situational hitting though. Leadoff guy on 3B and failing to get him in, bases loaded 1 out and failing to get guys in, etc...

I agree with this. I would have liked to have seen Preston be a little sharper than he was today as well.

AlSwearengen
02-13-2015, 10:01 PM
With Robson it's more about being healthy. He was a huge loss last year.

I seem to remember during robson's true freshman year where he went through a stretch later in the year where he hit over .500 after getting adjusted. I was pretty pumped about him after that and was surprised by his performance last year until it came out that he was hurt.