PDA

View Full Version : Anybody out there still watch the games thru hailstate?

Saltydog
02-13-2015, 06:18 PM
Just trying to find out an option to watch some games........

engie
02-13-2015, 06:35 PM
watchespn... If you can't get the secnetwork+, talk to a buddy that can and use his name and password... I've had up to 5 people on my uverse login before at the same time with no issues...

Saltydog
02-13-2015, 07:08 PM
First off, I'm not a techie so be patient.

Can I no longer watch the games thru hailstate? I see the audio feed but not video. Did the advent of the SECN end that video feed?

My TV provider is Directv and when I went to watchespn I didn't see that listed as one of the providers. I do have att/uverse but that's internet only.

Am I up the proverbial creek?

sleepy dawg
02-13-2015, 08:38 PM
First off, I'm not a techie so be patient.

Can I no longer watch the games thru hailstate? I see the audio feed but not video. Did the advent of the SECN end that video feed?

My TV provider is Directv and when I went to watchespn I didn't see that listed as one of the providers. I do have att/uverse but that's internet only.

Am I up the proverbial creek?

I'm not positive, but I don't think you will be able to watch most (or all) games through hailstate anymore.

If you have uverse, you might be able to since uverse tv package gets you access. I would try that out, but if not you will need a friends username/pass of a different provider. Directv definitely doesn't get access to SECN+.

Smitty
02-13-2015, 08:40 PM
I'm excited about not having to buy a month of opponents coverage to watch away games

Saltydog
02-13-2015, 08:48 PM
nt

engie
02-13-2015, 09:17 PM
Talk to a friend of yours that will trust you with the username and password to their cable provider for watchESPN purposes. If they don't want to send you that information, just get them to input it into your phone for you(it'll keep you logged in for 2 weeks, but you won't see any of their info). Should be able to get it with any other provider outside of DTV. I watched part of it on my I6 in HD. Detail and refresh rate on LTE is amazing...

yjnkdawg
02-13-2015, 09:51 PM
I'm not positive, but I don't think you will be able to watch most (or all) games through hailstate anymore.

If you have uverse, you might be able to since uverse tv package gets you access. I would try that out, but if not you will need a friends username/pass of a different provider. Directv definitely doesn't get access to SECN+.

MSU Sports Information Dept. said that Directv told them that WatchESPN (SECN+) would be available no later than March 1.

TheDogFather
02-13-2015, 10:40 PM
Just trying to find out an option to watch some games........

Hailstate TV no longer offers video now that we have a deal with ESPN and SEC Network (WatchESPN). As a result, the fee has been reduced to 3.99 per month.

What You'll Find on HailStatePLUS in 2014-15:

- Live Audio for all Football, Men's & Women's Basketball, Baseball Games and More
(Note: Live Game Video of MSU sports previously carried by HSTV will now be available through the SEC Network)
- Highlights, Coaches Press Conferences and Weekly Shows
- Exclusive On-Demand content for all sports including Player & Coach Interviews, Behind the Scenes Access & More!
- Listen Live and Watch On Demand on the PC or on the Official HailState iPhone, iPad and Android Apps!

Dawg61
02-14-2015, 01:22 AM
Sorry Salty DirecTV is the problem. There's gotta be a friend or family member you know that has Comcast.