PDA

View Full Version : Right on cue ...

preachermatt83
02-13-2015, 04:32 PM
The goofy lineups begin on game 1. No Britton to be found. Robson batting 5th. Good grief.

Homedawg
02-13-2015, 04:33 PM
And right on cue you start bitching.

Rick Danko
02-13-2015, 04:39 PM

Bravo to you good sir

Tbonewannabe
02-13-2015, 04:40 PM
Maybe Britton is swinging like he did at the beginning of the year and Spruill is raking it.

msstate7
02-13-2015, 04:41 PM
What's the lineup?

smootness
02-13-2015, 04:41 PM
We know a few things:
1) Cohen is a very good coach.
2) He has a reason behind every move.
3) He will try different things.
4) If guys perform, it'll eventually settle.

Knowing these things, why in the world would you start getting upset about this at this point?

maroonmania
02-13-2015, 04:42 PM

I'm thinking Robson in the 5 hole might be worth a little bitching. Maketh no sense.

smootness
02-13-2015, 04:44 PM
We also know Cohen doesn't subscribe to traditional lineup construction. It matters very little in the end anyway.

Homedawg
02-13-2015, 04:54 PM
They are starting a lefty. Thus the right hand heavy lineup.

Drugdog
02-13-2015, 05:17 PM
The goofy lineups begin on game 1. No Britton to be found. Robson batting 5th. Good grief.

Do you think Cohen has seen them practice more than you? Probably.

preachermatt83
02-13-2015, 05:35 PM
Do you think Cohen has seen them practice more than you? Probably.

Hey gomer , I didn't say anything other than it was goofy. If you think this is not a goofy line up than you are dumber than I thought you were.

missouridawg
02-13-2015, 05:54 PM
Hey gomer , I didn't say anything other than it was goofy. If you think this is not a goofy line up than you are dumber than I thought you were.

4 runs in 2 innings goofy....

preachermatt83
02-13-2015, 05:58 PM
4 runs in 2 innings goofy....

Again, didn't say bad or wrong, just goofy. As in strange or odd.

WeWonItAll(Most)
02-13-2015, 05:58 PM

This is our first game of the season, how the hell are you going to decide what a goofy lineup is? We, as fans, dont even know who is hitting well at the moment and I'd much rather Cohen put out what he thinks is his best lineup than just play the names all the fans know from last year.

Drugdog
02-13-2015, 06:05 PM

Hey Ass face, your getting abused again. Do us all a favor and leave.

preachermatt83
02-13-2015, 06:46 PM
Hey Ass face, your getting abused again. Do us all a favor and leave.

Drugs?

gravedigger
02-13-2015, 06:49 PM

Not against a left hand pitcher.

gravedigger
02-13-2015, 06:53 PM
Again, didn't say bad or wrong, just goofy. As in strange or odd.

Yes you did. Specified with britton a lefty not starting and robeson a leftly lower in the batting order.

Admit you didnt know or consider the facts of good baseball strategy and move on.

MabenMaroon
02-13-2015, 07:07 PM
AH! JEEZ!! Couldn't we have waited until at least the sixth or seventh inning to start in with this crap?

DudyDawg
02-13-2015, 08:23 PM
I liked Robson at 5 actually. Any gapped by REA he takes two bags easy or scores

archdog
02-13-2015, 08:59 PM
I second this entire conversation. Been saying it for weeks.

Todd4State
02-13-2015, 09:15 PM
Robson hitting in front of Rea makes sense because either Rea sees curveballs- which means Robson runs wild- or you force the pitcher to throw Rea fastballs which he mashes. Our opponents get to pick their poison.

DudyDawg
02-13-2015, 09:17 PM
Robson hitting in front of Rea makes sense because either Rea sees curveballs- which means Robson runs wild- or you force the pitcher to throw Rea fastballs which he mashes. Our opponents get to pick their poison.

Agree. And he broke up a textbook double play ball for rea too. His speed is wow fast

Drugdog
02-13-2015, 09:37 PM
Preacher would disagree. He knows everything.

Liverpooldawg
02-13-2015, 10:45 PM

I realize this is MSU and most of our fans aren't happy unless they are bitching about something but this has to be a new record. Good lord.

messageboardsuperhero
02-14-2015, 12:10 AM
Admit you didnt know or consider the facts of good baseball strategy and move on.

Wait, so preacher really doesn't know the first thing about baseball or Cohen's philosophy and mindset about the game? You don't say? I never would have guessed that.***

messageboardsuperhero
02-14-2015, 12:13 AM

Yep. It's almost as much about Rea as it is about Robson- I wouldn't mind seeing Cohen stick with this strategy going forward. At least when Robson isn't leading off anyway. You could also see this with Michael Smith some.

Dawg61
02-14-2015, 12:15 AM
Is Will James permanently banned now? I was expecting all sorts of sabermetricsretardism all over the front page. I Seen It Dawg did you murder Will James? Haha

shoeless joe
02-14-2015, 07:02 AM

This is why he is batting in front of rea.

As far as batting 5th...why not? Similar to a second lead off man/table setter for the bottom half of the line up. And if he bats in the first inning with runners on then his base hits would score a run just like anyone else's.

Smitty
02-14-2015, 08:04 AM

That sounds well and good but

1. Is the power we lose in a 5 hitter worth that, especially only being the case 35% of the time (Robson on base)
2. Robson should be a guy that can run wild period
3. Game theory.. Robson still won't know what pitch is coming even with Rea up. Rea can't hit the fastball inside on the black either, not just the deuce.

I don't think its worth it for the 5 hole in the long run. I think we need more gap to gap, home runs in the 5 hole.

I seen it dawg
02-14-2015, 09:17 AM
Is Will James permanently banned now? I was expecting all sorts of sabermetricsretardism all over the front page. I Seen It Dawg did you murder Will James? Haha

Yep and yep.

Coach34
02-14-2015, 09:25 AM
Smitty is the new Will James...Will James is no more

I seen it dawg
02-14-2015, 10:00 AM
Smitty is the new Will James...Will James is no more

I have a feeling he doesn't make it to sec play. Too much pent up frustration.

preachermatt83
02-14-2015, 11:01 AM
Will James being banned was the one thing that took place on this board that was absolutely wrong. He was banned because someone disagreed with him. That is it. A personal vendetta should not have a place on ED. Just my opinion.

DudyDawg
02-14-2015, 11:05 AM
I think he was banned for intentionally making threads completely unreadable. Not bc of his views

I seen it dawg
02-14-2015, 11:09 AM
Will James being banned was the one thing that took place on this board that was absolutely wrong. He was banned because someone disagreed with him. That is it. A personal vendetta should not have a place on ED. Just my opinion.

You're absolutely wrong. That persona had reached abusive moronic status. Goat status. It needed to be purged. It's not coming back because of the stupid shit that same poster did immediately after the fact. Can't have selective memory there.

If it was just disagreement, and moreso a personal vendetta, that got it banned do you think that Smitty would be here? Do you? A vendetta? Come on man. Don't be a dramatic moron.

Coach34
02-14-2015, 11:09 AM

It was a little more than that

smootness
02-14-2015, 11:11 AM
At absolute best, lineup construction matters little, especially when you're talking about moving a guy up or down one spot in the order.

I would rather just have our best hitters get as many ABs as possible, rather than concerning ourselves too much with exactly where we put our power. It looks like Robson may be one of our 5 best hitters this year, so I'm fine with it. I'd rather the 5 hitter hit .330/.420/.450 than .280/.350/.500.

Your 5 hitter ends up leading off a good bit anyway.