PDA

View Full Version : Drafting an SEC QB?

justwin
02-13-2015, 04:13 PM
IF you had to choose a recently graduated SEC QB to start your team, who would you pick?

1. Simms, Bama
2. Marshal, Aub
3. Wallace, OM
4. Worley, UT
5. Thompson, USC
6. Mason, UGA

I'd probably go with Mason, but none that I'm crazy about.

RossDawg82
02-13-2015, 04:17 PM
I would draft Wallace if only I had the very last pick in the draft. Then I would trade him for a concession worker

Dallas_Dawg
02-13-2015, 05:47 PM
Simms looked the most consistent out of those listed

MaxedOutMaroon
02-13-2015, 06:37 PM
I'd pick marshall out of those. But really run the ball most plays

thf24
02-13-2015, 06:44 PM
Simms looked the most consistent out of those listed

That was also my first thought, but it should also be noted that Cooper made him look real good. It's not hard to complete passes when you have a guy who's running wide open anytime he's not making circus catches.

sleepy dawg
02-13-2015, 08:42 PM
Sims, definitely. Then Thompson would definitely be 2nd.

codeDawg
02-13-2015, 09:28 PM
Just... nope. Marshall as a position change. Maybe Simms the same, but neither can make "all the throws." Most NFL QB's don't have a WR that is always open or the run threat as an actual threat. Nobody else came close any any category.

Political Hack
02-13-2015, 09:32 PM
Sims and it isn't close.

Capt Bubble Screen doesn't belong on that list.

Westdawg
02-13-2015, 10:23 PM
Thompson and then Mason.....it would be a long shot for me to draft them before the third rd. And then everyone else might get an invite to camp or an UFA contract. That's about it.
I cannot understand for the life of me why you all are up on Sims. At the beginning of the season he could barely tell what Cover 3 vs Cover 2 was. He got better because of the talent around him, not because of what he could dissect in his brain.
Thompson has the better arm out of the bunch and Mason is far and above the most cerebral out of that group.

justwin
02-16-2015, 02:02 PM
Thompson and then Mason.....it would be a long shot for me to draft them before the third rd. And then everyone else might get an invite to camp or an UFA contract. That's about it.
I cannot understand for the life of me why you all are up on Sims. At the beginning of the season he could barely tell what Cover 3 vs Cover 2 was. He got better because of the talent around him, not because of what he could dissect in his brain.
Thompson has the better arm out of the bunch and Mason is far and above the most cerebral out of that group.

agree. What's crazy is that Mason had MSU as a finalist. Watching him play this year, I came away unimpressed & wonder if he would've ever played here.

smootness
02-16-2015, 02:05 PM
I wouldn't draft any of those guys, and I'll be surprised if any outside of possibly Sims is actually drafted.

Marshall will play CB in the NFL, so I might draft him late but certainly not at QB.

shoeless joe
02-16-2015, 02:15 PM
If we're talking NFL I'd trade down and draft a kicker.

MSUDawg4Life
02-16-2015, 02:31 PM
You can't build a NFL team around any of those guys. If I just HAD to draft one of them, I'd take Marshall. Hope he makes a decent WR or CB. Then, go out and get a free agent QB and pray that Marshall never has to play QB on my team.