PDA

View Full Version : Did Mullen get a new contract?

Jack Lambert
02-12-2015, 03:46 PM
I lost track of it.

Coach34
02-12-2015, 03:51 PM
Working on it

jumbo
02-12-2015, 04:45 PM
Should be announced soon. It was around this time last year when it was finalized. Mullen cares more about finishing the season and getting through NSD then his financial situation. Also, he was on vacation after NSD.

Coach34
02-12-2015, 05:23 PM
He also got Assistant raises done first.

bobcat91
02-12-2015, 05:57 PM
U Pig coach just hit $4 million and has produced very little there. Mullen has done a lot here and Scott will still nickel and dime him. Right now Mullen is the lowest paid coach in the West. Any wonder why these things take so long to get done. Dollar Tree Scott is at the helm.

1bigdawg
02-12-2015, 06:08 PM
It seems Elitedawgs are more worried about Mullen's contract than he is. It means millions to him. He'll get it done.

Coach34
02-12-2015, 06:13 PM
that question is actually asked most often by our rival for some reason

Eric Nies Grind Time
02-12-2015, 06:20 PM
If I were to read into it I would say that Stricklin and Mullen have a very good working relationship. Kind of a silly thing to worry about in my opinion. If Mullen wanted to jump ship he could have easily done so. Him staying + not pressuring anyone about contract negotiations would lead me to believe he is pretty content.

Rick Danko
02-12-2015, 06:24 PM
U Pig coach just hit $4 million and has produced very little there. Mullen has done a lot here and Scott will still nickel and dime him. Right now Mullen is the lowest paid coach in the West. Any wonder why these things take so long to get done. Dollar Tree Scott is at the helm.

You literally have no evidence of this, yet you spout it off as fact. Man, message boards are awesome for society, nothing like baseless points. Show one time where Scott has "nickeled and dimed" a coach we wanted to keep around... Don't worry, I'll wait...

Dawg61
02-12-2015, 06:27 PM
Dollar Tree Scott is at the helm.

Haha!! Dollar Tree Scott is the reason for our basketball shat

Eric Nies Grind Time
02-12-2015, 06:30 PM
Our coaching situation in basketball is not out of stricklin being cheap (not saying it was a good hire). Our athletic department is the strongest it has ever been in my life right now.

Coackjek
02-12-2015, 06:34 PM
Working on it

it will never be done on time!***

Dawg61
02-12-2015, 06:36 PM
Our coaching situation in basketball is not out of stricklin being cheap (not saying it was a good hire). Our athletic department is the strongest it has ever been in my life right now.

Yea I'm not buying this. $2 mill a year tends to lure in bigger fish than the minnow Ray.

Liverpooldawg
02-12-2015, 06:50 PM

YEP.

Liverpooldawg
02-12-2015, 06:51 PM
Yea I'm not buying this. $2 mill a year tends to lure in bigger fish than the minnow Ray.

Back in my bass fishing days there were times they just wouldn't bite, no matter how expensive, or cheap, the lure I was using. That tended to be the days a grinnel hit my best buzz bait and destroyed it beyond repair.

Liverpooldawg
02-12-2015, 06:54 PM
Let's see since the end of the season we went immediately into recruiting. Mullen has been on vacation since recruiting ended. It was March last year people. Give it a rest.

Dawg61
02-12-2015, 07:01 PM
Back in my bass fishing days there were times they just wouldn't bite, no matter how expensive, or cheap, the lure I was using. That tended to be the days a grinnel hit my best buzz bait and destroyed it beyond repair.

Well if you only fish for 30 minutes you can run into that problem. For some damn reason Dollar Tree Scott was in a rush to hire anyone. Anyone is the 3rd assistant for a losing record Clemson. Ray's resume must have been at the bottom and Scott got pissed at everyone telling him who to hire so he went full dickhead to show he's boss. Wrong move.

Homedawg
02-12-2015, 07:38 PM

Mark richt, who has done more than either Mullen or the fat ass in Fayetteville, just got an extention for $4 mil a year. So there is a comparison in the other direction. Just because ole miss and arky want to be spend happy doesn mean we have to be just as stupid. I'm not sayin be cheap but not ignorant either. 3.8- 4 mil is plenty.

Coach34
02-12-2015, 08:05 PM
If we pay Mullen more than $4MM we are morons. Just because Fredo got anal-raped by Jimmy Sexton doesnt mean we have to be stupid

codeDawg
02-12-2015, 08:10 PM
Mark richt, who has done more than either Mullen or the fat ass in Fayetteville, just got an extention for $4 mil a year. So there is a comparison in the other direction. Just because ole miss and arky want to be spend happy doesn mean we have to be just as stupid. I'm not sayin be cheap but not ignorant either. 3.8- 4 mil is plenty.

This is true. Mullen is happy at MSU right now. He's building something that is all his creation and he's not going to let $500K ruin that.

Liverpooldawg
02-12-2015, 09:03 PM
Well if you only fish for 30 minutes you can run into that problem. For some damn reason Dollar Tree Scott was in a rush to hire anyone. Anyone is the 3rd assistant for a losing record Clemson. Ray's resume must have been at the bottom and Scott got pissed at everyone telling him who to hire so he went full dickhead to show he's boss. Wrong move.

I was an all day tournament fisherman. I fished 6 days a week and when I wasn't working or asleep I was on the water. Kind of like modern ADs and the way they work.

FISHDAWG
02-13-2015, 08:38 AM
seems I remember him saying that if Dan left it wouldn't be because on money

jumbo
02-13-2015, 10:37 AM
Any wonder why these things take so long to get done. Dollar Tree Scott is at the helm.

this could not be farther from the truth. as it's been mentioned 100 times, Mullen signed his extension last year around this time. He just took a long vacation right after NSD. He and Stricklin have had conversations and were waiting for recruiting visits, NSD and the aforementioned vacation to end before finalizing the deal.

Barking 13
02-13-2015, 10:45 AM
If he's like me, he'd be happy making 2M a year, being able to call the shots and be happy and comfortable for a long time, as opposed to making 4M and having to answer to every swinging pecker with high expectations.. Hell, if I made 2M just one year, I'd be set for life... it ain't about the money guys...

Johnson85
02-13-2015, 11:37 AM
If we pay Mullen more than $4MM we are morons. Just because Fredo got anal-raped by Jimmy Sexton doesnt mean we have to be stupid

We don't have to be stupid but it does make it extremely hard for us. The money may not matter to Mullen, but it would be very natural for it to bother him some that he has put together better results for longer than a lot of coaches in the same conference that are better paid.

Dawg61
02-13-2015, 04:01 PM
I was an all day tournament fisherman. I fished 6 days a week and when I wasn't working or asleep I was on the water. Kind of like modern ADs and the way they work.

Then you'd get Bruce Pearl and SS gets Rick Ray.