PDA

View Full Version : Collins named Preseason All-SEC, Bulldogs Picked 5th in West

TheRef
02-12-2015, 11:29 AM
http://www.secsports.com/article/12314412/vanderbilt-picked-win-sec

Vandy has been picked to win the SEC.

LSU has been picked to win the West.

Collins is the only Bulldog to be named to an All-SEC team.

Coach34
02-12-2015, 11:34 AM
That's fair in preseason

We have some talented people that have to prove themselves. They should- but nothing is guaranteed

MsStateBaseball
02-12-2015, 11:42 AM
Very rarely do they get the rankings right. The biggest reason is players come from nowhere and do well. Other coaches can't predict that. Can't predict chemistry either. They are going on who returns who really. Another point is the schedule. Vandy might be very talented but they may play the best teams in the West plus all the teams in the East. While Florida plays the easiest teams in the West.

But it is a somewhat good measuring stick.

MetEdDawg
02-12-2015, 11:47 AM
That's fair in preseason

We have some talented people that have to prove themselves. They should- but nothing is guaranteed

Completely agree. But I think we are in a good position to surprise people. Humphreys was ready to play more last year in my opinion. Holland is actually a fairly proven commodity. Rea can really only go up from where he was last year. Add guys like Smith, Reynolds, Rooker, and a few others in and I think we have a high ceiling with this group.

Pitching will have to work itself out. This is still a concern area for me because I'm not sure this group is ready to go out and shut down teams consistently. But I do think we finish better than 5th in the West and I do think our offense is going to surprise people. There's just too much talent and pop in our bats to not score enough runs to keep us in every weekend series in my opinion.

We could end up being a surprise by the end of the year to the media, but I feel like a good portion of us know that this team has the potential to be really really good by the end of the year and that it wouldn't surprise most of us if we finish considerably better than the "experts" project.