PDA

View Full Version : We have 17 baseball uniform combinations

Todd4State
02-11-2015, 04:35 PM
Which we will use this year. Each one will be "unlocked" the morning of each home game.

Interesting...

MsStateBaseball
02-11-2015, 05:12 PM
Let's hope the softball uniform is worn when we play Alcorn State, etc.

DanDority
02-11-2015, 05:39 PM
I guess we can't just be basic, clean, neat and typical MSU, unless this is the new MSU.

coastratdog
02-11-2015, 05:40 PM
What a damn waste of money. What are they going to do with the uni's that we wear only once?
Send them to Africa with Seattle's "world champions" t-shirts.

State82
02-11-2015, 05:49 PM
I guess we can't just be basic, clean, neat and typical MSU, unless this is the new MSU.

I understand your sentiment and agree 100%. However, if it attracts elite talent to DNF and its what the players want, have at it.

BeardoMSU
02-11-2015, 05:52 PM
Its our active camouflage. Opposing teams won't know how to handle us...

http://33.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ll1ozrhkwU1qfpn1do1_400.gif

messageboardsuperhero
02-11-2015, 06:04 PM
What a damn waste of money. What are they going to do with the uni's that we wear only once?

Wait- do you think we're actually the ones paying for the different uniforms? LOL, that's funny.

Drugdog
02-11-2015, 06:05 PM
New times fellows. Players like new unis. I like it.

Dawg61
02-11-2015, 07:11 PM

We are Adidas's SEC baseball school.

Aces High
02-11-2015, 07:17 PM
Adidas sends us so much sample shit...you honestly wouldnt believe

There are boxes upon boxes that are just given away.

messageboardsuperhero
02-11-2015, 07:36 PM
We are Adidas's SEC baseball school.

The whole "special uniforms are a waste of money" argument is just hilarious to me. Adidas signed a big, fat contract with us so we would wear their stuff- THEY are paying US millions of dollars a year to wear their uniforms. It doesn't cost us one penny. A UM friend of mine tried to make this argument before the Egg Bowl by saying we were somehow costing taxpayers money by wearing new gold uniforms, and I laughed her out of the room.

People have the right to feel however they want about how our uniforms look- but don't act like it's costing us any more money to make/wear them.

engie
02-11-2015, 08:01 PM

Why do we waste all this money putting these games on TV and the internet?!?** And turning on the lights when we could play during the day? Just crazy**

I'm sure we would never auction off the used special edition unis like we did the Boston tribute hats -- in which we raised like $75g's in a week for charity. Only, with these particular special editions, we'd be raising money for a new stadium, which is also a waste of money**

DawgFromOxford
02-11-2015, 09:00 PM
17 Baseball uniform combinations really isn't that many when you think about it. It's COMBINATIONS not 17 whole uniforms. Do the math and its probably going to be something like we have 4-5 different pants options and 5-6 jersey options. So we have the pinstripes, basic white, and maroon for sure. Add in a throwback uniform and maybe a specialty uniform along the way and you basically have 17 different combinations for uniforms right there.

Dawg61
02-11-2015, 09:36 PM
17 Baseball uniform combinations really isn't that many when you think about it. It's COMBINATIONS not 17 whole uniforms. Do the math and its probably going to be something like we have 4-5 different pants options and 5-6 jersey options. So we have the pinstripes, basic white, and maroon for sure. Add in a throwback uniform and maybe a specialty uniform along the way and you basically have 17 different combinations for uniforms right there.

Was just about to post this. It's basically just 4-5 uniforms.

notsofarawaydawg
02-11-2015, 09:37 PM
I love message boards. Gives these guys somewhere to bitch about anything and everything. If half of them supported the teams as much as they bitch about things like uniforms, the stadium would be full every time. Getting to be more and more like 6Pack every hour.

War Machine Dawg
02-11-2015, 11:10 PM
**** this bullshit. We only need 3-4 uniforms for baseball: Maroon Pinstripe, road gray, white, and the early 90's maroon top. Adidas needs to work for us instead of us working for Adidas. I repeat: **** Adidas.

Dawg61
02-11-2015, 11:13 PM
**** this bullshit. We only need 3-4 uniforms for baseball: Maroon Pinstripe, road gray, white, and the early 90's maroon top. Adidas needs to work for us instead of us working for Adidas. I repeat: **** Adidas.

You just created 16 uniform combinations.

Bully13
02-11-2015, 11:14 PM
when I first saw this thread, I thought the "F word" was being used. I guess I'm spending too much time on this site.

DawgFromOxford
02-12-2015, 02:02 AM
You just created 16 uniform combinations.

This guy gets it

SheltonChoked
02-12-2015, 07:50 AM
Add the black tops that we wear on Sunday's and that's more than 17. Without a special uniform.

Damn some of you are bad at math.

coastratdog
02-12-2015, 07:53 AM
Wait- do you think we're actually the ones paying for the different uniforms? LOL, that's funny.

Hey Oboma man, nothing is free in life. I'd rather they give us the cost of the uni's instead of wasting it.

biscuit
02-12-2015, 09:13 AM
I'm not on twitter. Can anyone post some pics?

messageboardsuperhero
02-12-2015, 09:24 AM
Hey Oboma man, nothing is free in life. I'd rather they give us the cost of the uni's instead of wasting it.

Adidas does not charge us a penny for any of the uniforms they give the team to wear in games. That is a fact. I really don't know what in the hell Obama has to do with any of this, but whatever.

engie
02-12-2015, 09:48 AM

Oh good lord.

Yes, it is free to Mississippi State. And Adidas isn't going to give us $1 more whether they give us 3 uniforms or give us 40 uniforms. It's a thing called a negotiated, signed longterm contract. One that I'm practically certain that they are not contractually obliged to give us all of this swag under.

Adidas has made it a point ever since the CWS run that we are their flagship baseball school. They are treating us as such and giving us extras as such. But explaining to you WHY they are doing that would be to explain the economics of marketing and product placement, which it's pretty clear at this point that you aren't going to understand...

quickstrike2
02-12-2015, 10:45 AM
I like our basic looks the best, but if the kids like these then so be it. Some of the out of the box combination looks good and some look really bad. This is just modern baseball I assume, and that is ok.