PDA

View Full Version : How many season ticket holders

shannondawg
02-11-2015, 03:34 PM
will be renewing their Hump seats if Ray is still the coach?

dickiedawg
02-11-2015, 03:52 PM
Most of them.

Homedawg
02-11-2015, 04:03 PM
I haven't been to a game yet and went to 2 in the last two years. But I'll renew em.

Johnson85
02-11-2015, 04:43 PM
will be renewing their Hump seats if Ray is still the coach?

I suspect there will be one more year before mass defections. Even though there's not much evidence out there pointing to Ray being a good long term option, it's not crazy to give him 4 years.

Political Hack
02-11-2015, 04:47 PM
I suspect there will be one more year before mass defections. Even though there's not much evidence out there pointing to Ray being a good long term option, it's not crazy to give him 4 years.

you mean there hasn't been mass defections already? If we're concerned with money, I guess not. But there's not any butts in seats. I remember when the Hump was rockin'.

Coach34
02-11-2015, 05:01 PM
Engie has pointed out many times basketball is making as much money now as it ever did- people just arent showing up

shannondawg
02-11-2015, 06:22 PM
I doubt that. But I can agree on folks not showing up.

Engie has pointed out many times basketball is making as much money now as it ever did- people just arent showing up

maroonmania
02-11-2015, 06:30 PM
I doubt that. But I can agree on folks not showing up.

OK, so if nothing else at least we can ALL agree that revenue from basketball concessions is way down.

starkvegasdawg
02-11-2015, 07:01 PM
OK, so if nothing else at least we can ALL agree that revenue from basketball concessions is way down.
When all the concession stands share the same two liter of coke you know attendance is down.

Liverpooldawg
02-11-2015, 07:02 PM

It's already happened. You could have bought season tickets in the lower deck just before the season started.

Coach34
02-11-2015, 07:14 PM

We've never gotten basketball concessions. It used to go to the Lions Club- now its contracted out

Coach34
02-11-2015, 07:15 PM
I doubt that.

You can doubt it all day- but the fact is basketball is making just as much money as it did when Stands was here

bluelightstar
02-11-2015, 08:06 PM
All I've heard today from Alabama people were how they couldn't believe how empty the Hump was and how neither Ray nor Grant should have jobs. I mean, we aren't even getting the "good man" crap that opposing fans used to talk about why Croom should be here forever. Other fans watch us and wonder WTF we're thinking.

shannondawg
02-11-2015, 08:19 PM
Coach, are you saying that we sell as many season tickets now as before? I've seen you stretch the truth till it screamed when it comes to hoops, but surely you are not going that route with this.

Coach34
02-11-2015, 08:30 PM
Coach, are you saying that we sell as many season tickets now as before? I've seen you stretch the truth till it screamed when it comes to hoops, but surely you are not going that route with this.

I'm telling you that based on the numbers Engie showed that our school produces as much basketball revenue as it did under Stands. Thats a fact

TheDogFather
02-11-2015, 08:56 PM
I'm telling you that based on the numbers Engie showed that our school produces as much basketball revenue as it did under Stands. Thats a fact

Apples to oranges on TV money. But why confuse the truth with facts?

shannondawg
02-11-2015, 08:58 PM
Ok , you are not going to admit the ticket sales are way off. Just think how much more we would be making if we sold as many tickets as we did before.

Coach34
02-11-2015, 09:10 PM
Apples to oranges on TV money. But why confuse the truth with facts?

I'm pretty sure TV money is a lump sum and not included in basketball revenue

JohnnyQuid
02-11-2015, 09:12 PM
Ok , you are not going to admit the ticket sales are way off. Just think how much more we would be making if we sold as many tickets as we did before.

I think this is the real issue. I don't and won't claim to know much about the financial numbers, but are the cost of tickets, required donation to get certain season tickets, etc same now as they were then?

TheDogFather
02-11-2015, 10:17 PM
I'm pretty sure TV money is a lump sum and not included in basketball revenue

5 minute interweb search yields revenues of......

2011 - $8,205,804 http://businessofcollegesports.com/2011/06/20/which-football-and-basketball-programs-produce-the-largest-profits/
2013 - $6,744,710 http://www.forbes.com/colleges/mississippi-state-university/
2014 - $6,570,000 http://college-sports.pointafter.com/l/7706/Mississippi-State-University-Basketball/

And, if I remember correctly, my ticket prices went up from 2011 to 2013 which make it worse.

Just an additional nugget; according to http://www.bbstate.com/teams/MSST, our cost per win in 2013 was $431,295.50 and ranked 318 out of the 344 Div 1 schools.

shannondawg
02-11-2015, 10:50 PM
I bet that the rank in the Bdc doesn't have to be near as high to good seats in lower level now.

But the premium on the seats is the same, at least they were for my floor seats.

I think this is the real issue. I don't and won't claim to know much about the financial numbers, but are the cost of tickets, required donation to get certain season tickets, etc same now as they were then?

engie
02-11-2015, 11:01 PM
Sold seats are still sold seats...

Basketball revenue in the Hump is basically capped as it is. We may fluctuate $1 mil or so -- but in today's SEC, it's peas in the scheme of things. There's plenty of reasons to want Ray out -- but "lost revenue" isn't one of them yet. Ray's 2 known revenues were on par with all of Stansbury's, sans the initial reseating of the Hump and donations associated with that reseating, when we saw a temporary influx of cash...

We should be taking the opportunity while it's empty to build more premium seating into it. Perfect chance right now IMO. Anytime your capped and your students are getting the shaft -- you should be upgrading as soon as you can IMO.

So, my conclusion is -- is money being left on the table? Absolutely. But a larger portion of potential revenue is being lost by seating constraints than by the craptastic basketball team in my opinion.

Much like -- even in the worst years at Dudy Noble -- we still sold within a couple hundred of the same number of season tickets we sell now. Regardless of how bad we were...

TheDogFather
02-11-2015, 11:13 PM

Basketball revenue in the Hump is basically capped as it is. We may fluctuate $1 mil or so -- but in today's SEC, it's peas in the scheme of things. There's plenty of reasons to want Ray out -- but "lost revenue" isn't one of them yet. Ray's 2 known revenues were on par with all of Stansbury's, sans the initial reseating of the Hump and donations associated with that reseating, when we saw a temporary influx of cash...

We should be taking the opportunity while it's empty to build more premium seating into it. Perfect chance right now IMO. Anytime your capped and your students are getting the shaft -- you should be upgrading as soon as you can IMO.

So, my conclusion is -- is money being left on the table? Absolutely. But a larger portion of potential revenue is being lost by seating constraints than by the craptastic basketball team in my opinion.

Much like -- even in the worst years at Dudy Noble -- we still sold within a couple hundred of the same number of season tickets we sell now. Regardless of how bad we were...

You lost me at "peas" and $1m

engie
02-11-2015, 11:58 PM
You lost me at "peas" and $1m

A million dollars to today's MSU athletics dept = about $322 in a given year to the average American worker. One whole percent. Like I said the first time -- peas. We'll wipe our ass with $10mil this year. Then, we'll pay cash for the best college baseball stadium ever built directly after building arguably the best college golf facility in the country.

Basketball is still turning a nice profit at MSU. Everyone here knows how pissed off you are about it. So mad, in fact, that with a coach giving you all the ammo in the world to rally the troops against him, you are STILL basing your agenda in hyperbole that is for the most part an outright lie.

TheDogFather
02-12-2015, 08:28 AM
A million dollars to today's MSU athletics dept = about $322 in a given year to the average American worker. One whole percent. Like I said the first time -- peas. We'll wipe our ass with $10mil this year. Then, we'll pay cash for the best college baseball stadium ever built directly after building arguably the best college golf facility in the country.

Basketball is still turning a nice profit at MSU. Everyone here knows how pissed off you are about it. So mad, in fact, that with a coach giving you all the ammo in the world to rally the troops against him, you are STILL basing your agenda in hyperbole that is for the most part an outright lie.

I can do the math, thank you. If $1mil is peas to MSU, why did my football season tickets increase? Which totals about $1mil for 40,000 paid seats? Must need that $1mil, but not the $1.5 mil per year Rick Ray is costing them.

Beyond this meaningless drivel, why are you so hell bent in proving to a bunch of anonymous internet message board posters that 1. a losing shitstorm basketball team doesn't hurt a program concerning revenue, and 2. that $1mil is peas to a university that spends half its time fundraising? Logic is not on your side in either case.

Political Hack
02-12-2015, 09:04 AM

small minded. You remember the enrollment boost from the final four run? The increased merchandise sales? the branding benefits of a great football, baseball, or God forbid basketball season?

It's not about the tickets sales at the Hump, it's about generating positive momentum and capitalizing trough other revenue streams, like say... donations and such. We're LOSING a ton of money by allowing ourselves to suck. Don't kid yourself.

What's our ROI in basketball right now? What was it in 96?

Johnson85
02-12-2015, 09:05 AM
you mean there hasn't been mass defections already? If we're concerned with money, I guess not. But there's not any butts in seats. I remember when the Hump was rockin'.

I mean mass defections from people sending a message that Ray needs to be fired. Obviously people are not showing up and I'm sure we've had a lot of people drop season tickets because they couldn't justify the price for the product on the floor (most of which have probably been replaced with new season ticket holders), but I am guessing we do not have people that feel like they are forced to non-renew their tickets in an attempt to stop the athletic department from continuing to do harm to the program, as was happening with Croom. I don't know this, but I'm just assuming that for the most part, people that were pissed about Stans being let go or how hiring his replacement was handled dropped a while ago, but that the ones that didn't aren't going to pitch a fit because we give a coach that took over a dumpster fire a full four years to try to turn it around, even though there's not much sign of progress. I'm sure a lot of people are ready to pull the plug after this year (and it's hard to argue with them), but I'm sure most of those people also understand that as bad as the results have been, a lot of people will view firing a coach after three years as premature.

shannondawg
02-12-2015, 09:48 AM
I started this thread not to discuss the revenue loss, but fan support. A great number of season ticket holders are just saving their seats in hope of better days to come, How much longer is that going to continue?

I don't listen to the radio, but I haven't seen written announced attendance in sometime, The 5000 ( which I assumed was paid seats not butts in seats) they have been saying in the past now is just to embarrassing since all games are on tv now.

engie
02-12-2015, 09:52 AM
I started this thread not to discuss the revenue loss, but fan support. A great number of season ticket holders are just saving their seats in hope of better days to come, How much longer is that going to continue?

I don't listen to the radio, but I haven't seen written announced attendance in sometime, The 5000 ( which I assumed was paid seats not butts in seats) they have been saying in the past now is just to embarrassing since all games are on tv now.

Your point is a good and fair one. Sorry that it turned into something completely different...

engie
02-12-2015, 10:14 AM
I can do the math, thank you. If $1mil is peas to MSU, why did my football season tickets increase? Which totals about $1mil for 40,000 paid seats? Must need that $1mil, but not the $1.5 mil per year Rick Ray is costing them.
Why would the season tickets not increase? Why would they remain the cheapest in a conference we are busting our ass to compete in and still currently dead last in revenue generation? Demand for our tickets is at an all-time high. Why would we not attempt to capitalize on that? That's a nice 40k number you came up with -- in a 61k seat stadium that sells more than 40k tickets. Nevermind that we've got $68mil in debt service on that stadium right now...

I'm confused where I led you to believe I was against increasing all forms of revenue across the board? I even remarked about what I think is the easiest way to do it in basketball. News flash: The people aren't coming back to the Hump overnight. Regardless. In virtually the same situation, with a program that had been on a slow decline for years and had virtually bottomed out, we went and got THE high major coach that almost everyone wanted us to go get(who was offered the biggest contract in the history of the sport at the time in his old job). A hire most everyone considered a slam dunk at the time. And it STILL took Cohen 5+ years to really get the crowds back for baseball. People didn't really come back in his first year of winning or even his second. For all intents and purposes, while there was alot of momentum building in year 5, they didn't fully come back in force until year 6(4th yr of winning)...

Beyond this meaningless drivel, why are you so hell bent in proving to a bunch of anonymous internet message board posters that 1. a losing shitstorm basketball team doesn't hurt a program concerning revenue, and 2. that $1mil is peas to a university that spends half its time fundraising? Logic is not on your side in either case.
Why are you so hell-bent in using it as a crutch to a position that needs no crutch? This isn't about me -- it's about you using an outright lie to try to push an agenda that you've made abundantly clear here over time. Calling that out doesn't translate to either one of these points you are attempting to make. Everyone here already knows that you are getting exactly what you wanted right now once your golden boy left the building. So, why are you here bitching about it?

And, yes, $1mil is peas to a $100mil/yr athletics department.
For the record:
Survey Year Basketball Men's Team Revenue
2003 3563988
2004 4755466
2005 4753245
2006 4460009
2007 5404737
2008 6197698
2009 8205804
2010 6914565
2011 7002963
2012 6744710
2013 6571274

How does it feel to know your boy only brought in more $$ than Rick Ray's shitshow in 3 of his 14 seasons?

engie
02-12-2015, 10:28 AM
small minded. You remember the enrollment boost from the final four run? The increased merchandise sales? the branding benefits of a great football, baseball, or God forbid basketball season?

It's not about the tickets sales at the Hump, it's about generating positive momentum and capitalizing trough other revenue streams, like say... donations and such. We're LOSING a ton of money by allowing ourselves to suck. Don't kid yourself.

What's our ROI in basketball right now? What was it in 96?

Why don't you punch some numbers and show me what it was? I was 13 years old in 96 -- While I enjoyed the run, I don't have a clue about all that and numbers aren't just everywhere on it.

Why is it that every time this discussion is had, you end straw manning it in a different direction? This thread was about ticket sales in the Hump. That's what was commented on. Not the overall state of the program being good. Not about it being anywhere near what I perceive to be our true overall revenue ceiling in the sport(let us also not forget that Stansbury saw a revenue spike for the construction of the Mize Pavilion in his highest $$ years as well). Ticket sales. Revenue directly attributable to basketball. That was the discussion. Yet here you are applying a bunch of positions to me that I'm not actually taking talking about factors that are virtually impossible to directly apply to basketball. Do they exist? Sure they do. But they are virtually impossible to quantify.

Liverpooldawg
02-12-2015, 11:20 AM
I checked just to see how many tickets were left one week before the season started. The little select your seats thing was open for season tickets. There were open season tickets in the lower level for the general public. Let that sink in. You could have got season tickets in the lower level and not been a member of the Bulldog Club. I don't care what kind of stats some of you have dug up but there is NO way we aren't losing enormous amounts of revenue. Those are unsold seats and by definition that is lost revenue.

TheDogFather
02-12-2015, 11:21 AM
Why would the season tickets not increase? Why would they remain the cheapest in a conference we are busting our ass to compete in and still currently dead last in revenue generation? Demand for our tickets is at an all-time high. Why would we not attempt to capitalize on that? That's a nice 40k number you came up with -- in a 61k seat stadium that sells more than 40k tickets. Nevermind that we've got $68mil in debt service on that stadium right now...

I'm confused where I led you to believe I was against increasing all forms of revenue across the board? I even remarked about what I think is the easiest way to do it in basketball. News flash: The people aren't coming back to the Hump overnight. Regardless. In virtually the same situation, with a program that had been on a slow decline for years and had virtually bottomed out, we went and got THE high major coach that almost everyone wanted us to go get(who was offered the biggest contract in the history of the sport at the time in his old job). A hire most everyone considered a slam dunk at the time. And it STILL took Cohen 5+ years to really get the crowds back for baseball. People didn't really come back in his first year of winning or even his second. For all intents and purposes, while there was alot of momentum building in year 5, they didn't fully come back in force until year 6(4th yr of winning)...

Why are you so hell-bent in using it as a crutch to a position that needs no crutch? This isn't about me -- it's about you using an outright lie to try to push an agenda that you've made abundantly clear here over time. Calling that out doesn't translate to either one of these points you are attempting to make. Everyone here already knows that you are getting exactly what you wanted right now once your golden boy left the building. So, why are you here bitching about it?

And, yes, $1mil is peas to a $100mil/yr athletics department.
For the record:
Survey Year Basketball Men's Team Revenue
2003 3563988
2004 4755466
2005 4753245
2006 4460009
2007 5404737
2008 6197698
2009 8205804
2010 6914565
2011 7002963
2012 6744710
2013 6571274

How does it feel to know your boy only brought in more $$ than Rick Ray's shitshow in 3 of his 14 seasons?

Dude you are trying way too hard to prove MSU is better off now with an MSNBC type argument.

$1m is peas? Just because you keep saying it doesn't make it true. Call Strick and tell him you are considering donating $1mil. Ask him if it's peas to him.

And you need to move past high school economics before try to prove your revenue point any longer. It's embarrasing.

engie
02-12-2015, 11:25 AM
Dude you are trying way too hard to prove MSU is better off now with an MSNBC type argument.

Where did I "attempt to prove that MSU is better off right now"? Ah -- just more made up bs. Typical DogFather "I can't argue with what Engie's actually saying -- so I'll make up a bunch of other crazy bullshit in my mind and apply it to him so that my ill-conceived argument makes sense". No one is biting. Sorry.

$1m is peas? Just because you keep saying it doesn't make it true. Call Strick and tell him you are considering donating $1mil. Ask him if it's peas to him.
2 different situations and applications for $1mil. A million dollar bonus is alot different than a million dollar salary. In the same way a $340 bonus is alot different than a $340 salary. Donations pay for renovations and new constructions -- tickets pay the bills. The two things could only be more different if one didn't actually involve any money.

Why don't you throw $1mil at him to bring Stansbury back? Since that's clearly your ultimate goal in your message board life -- to the extent that you can't function as an actual fan of Mississippi State outside of his presence.

And you need to move past high school economics before try to prove your revenue point any longer. It's embarrasing.
I'll be happy to do that as soon as you move past junior high reading comprehension.

Political Hack
02-12-2015, 11:28 AM
Do they exist? Sure they do. But they are virtually impossible to quantify.

You could've just said that. And I agree.

I'm just making the point that arguing about ticket sales misses the more important and larger point.

Liverpooldawg
02-12-2015, 11:44 AM
Double post

engie
02-12-2015, 11:48 AM
You could've just said that. And I agree.

I'm just making the point that arguing about ticket sales misses the more important and larger point.

I agree with that. It just wasn't the argument involved in this given thread. No, we are nowhere near our theoretical donation ceiling for basketball right now. We're on the Croom-level map instead of the Mullen-level map in that regards. But we aren't very far from our ticket $$ ceiling with the current iteration and pricing structure in the Hump. In the same way that we were maxed in Davis Wade about as soon as Mullen got here.

My biggest point before getting derailed into the same argument for the umpteenth time is that we should be planning in advance to remove our program's limitations. Why are we always building reactively instead of proactively? The Hump renovation shouldn't be taking a back seat to everything else while there's alot of $$ to be made there. Especially while the students are still bitter about their "new" seating arrangement, which was made necessary to bring in competitive revenue at the time, BECAUSE we didn't have any other premium options available in that building and had to monetize it somehow. Especially when this time next year Ole Miss will have a far superior gym to us. I'm happy with the finished product -- but Davis Wade was expanded reactively a couple of years after the iron got hot. And we should be renovating the lower east side and figuring out how we're going to come up with 30 more skyboxes as we speak. I think we got the clubs and overall expansion about right. But we're still woefully short on either amount or pricing structure of skyboxes, given they were totally sold out in a number of days while the place was still a skeleton...

Contrary to what DawgFather is trying to infer -- I'm all about maximizing revenue -- and anyone that denies it hasn't been paying attention. We can "fix" part of the revenue issue practically overnight by renovating in more premium seating. The revenue from monetary donations is, like baseball, going to take some sustained success over time and is in no way an easy or overnight fix.

RougeDawg
02-12-2015, 12:37 PM
Wait let me get this straight? Previously there was a waiting listener basketball season tickets. Now under Ray we have lower level season tickets available for general purchase? Hmm, how is any logical minded person to see that as anything other than we are selling less season tickets than we were before, no matter price? Did we expand the hump which caused the excess amount of available season tickets?

You Ray backers are grasping at any potential straw available, and it's becoming humorous.

engie
02-12-2015, 01:32 PM
Wait let me get this straight? Previously there was a waiting listener basketball season tickets. Now under Ray we have lower level season tickets available for general purchase? Hmm, how is any logical minded person to see that as anything other than we are selling less season tickets than we were before, no matter price? Did we expand the hump which caused the excess amount of available season tickets?

You Ray backers are grasping at any potential straw available, and it's becoming humorous.

"I saw available tickets in the lower level" is more valid to you than year-end financial statements? Grasping at straws, indeed...

shannondawg
02-12-2015, 03:56 PM
Why don't they put a little scroll on the tv screen when they scan the crowd saying "Don't laugh, we are making just as much money as when the stands are full." Franklly its embarrassing, but I am not making the round trip for the shit show that is going on now. It will be a deadline making decision next year whether I save my place or not. Actually I wouldn't have to save my place as I doubt very seriously anyone would take it, except Mrs Ray, she tried to get them this year...

I would venture to say that the girls will sell a hell of lot more season tickets next year, probably not to the point that they pass the men's, but the people buying will be planning on attending and not just saving their place..

But fortunately this can all be corrected by either giving the fans hope by hiring a viable coach, or miracle upon miracle Ray starts winning.

TheDogFather
02-12-2015, 04:15 PM
Where did I "attempt to prove that MSU is better off right now"? Ah -- just more made up bs. Typical DogFather "I can't argue with what Engie's actually saying -- so I'll make up a bunch of other crazy bullshit in my mind and apply it to him so that my ill-conceived argument makes sense". No one is biting. Sorry.

2 different situations and applications for $1mil. A million dollar bonus is alot different than a million dollar salary. In the same way a $340 bonus is alot different than a $340 salary. Donations pay for renovations and new constructions -- tickets pay the bills. The two things could only be more different if one didn't actually involve any money.

Why don't you throw $1mil at him to bring Stansbury back? Since that's clearly your ultimate goal in your message board life -- to the extent that you can't function as an actual fan of Mississippi State outside of his presence.

I'll be happy to do that as soon as you move past junior high reading comprehension.

Hey, I understand math, percentages, relativity, dispensational eschatology, et. al. No need to teach a class here.

Why is it the only ones who get unhinged at the mention of Rick Stansbury are the ones who spend inordinate amounts of time trying to convince the MSU fanbase that Rick Ray's sorry performance is better than it seems? Which, of course, is the point of your misdirected revenue diatribe.

But, we digress. Back to the revenue discussion. Do a little study in adaptive expectations or how you are using the quantity theory to try and convince the uneducated that the revenue generated during Rick Ray's term is somehow equal or greater than that which was generated by Rick Stansbuy's term. Then review the below chart (your data, not mine) and get back to me.

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g114/dawgbydesign/Untitled-1.jpg

TheDogFather
02-12-2015, 04:40 PM
"I saw available tickets in the lower level" is more valid to you than year-end financial statements? Grasping at straws, indeed...

If you perform a trend analysis (exponential curvefit) on your data, you get a correlation coefficient of .839 which tells you (or me, in this case) that something is terribly wrong with the trendline. Which, of course, is the fact that there is an event which causes the data to go awry (Rick Ray hire). Therefore if you back it up and look at Stansbury tenure, you find, the correlation coefficient becomes .915 - much better! Now, extrapolate the data to determine revenue expectations in 2013 and you get.... drum roll.... about $15mil. Just a little more than the average $7mil Ray's been getting.

Now. I know, I know, you say there are too many unkowns for that to be right - and you would be correct. So let's adjust for a little error in addition to the dollar value increase slowing down over the last three years and we find Ray revenue should be in the $12.5 mil range.

Therefore - and to your unfortunate dismay - a more complete economic analysis of your own data (and a little Junior High reading comprehension) reveals....... You're wrong

"Peas" to you, brother. Get it? Peace ("Peas"). tap, tap. Is this thing on?

Treemydawg
02-12-2015, 09:31 PM
I agree with that. It just wasn't the argument involved in this given thread. No, we are nowhere near our theoretical donation ceiling for basketball right now. We're on the Croom-level map instead of the Mullen-level map in that regards. But we aren't very far from our ticket $$ ceiling with the current iteration and pricing structure in the Hump. In the same way that we were maxed in Davis Wade about as soon as Mullen got here.

My biggest point before getting derailed into the same argument for the umpteenth time is that we should be planning in advance to remove our program's limitations. Why are we always building reactively instead of proactively? The Hump renovation shouldn't be taking a back seat to everything else while there's alot of $$ to be made there. Especially while the students are still bitter about their "new" seating arrangement, which was made necessary to bring in competitive revenue at the time, BECAUSE we didn't have any other premium options available in that building and had to monetize it somehow. Especially when this time next year Ole Miss will have a far superior gym to us. I'm happy with the finished product -- but Davis Wade was expanded reactively a couple of years after the iron got hot. And we should be renovating the lower east side and figuring out how we're going to come up with 30 more skyboxes as we speak. I think we got the clubs and overall expansion about right. But we're still woefully short on either amount or pricing structure of skyboxes, given they were totally sold out in a number of days while the place was still a skeleton...

Contrary to what DawgFather is trying to infer -- I'm all about maximizing revenue -- and anyone that denies it hasn't been paying attention. We can "fix" part of the revenue issue practically overnight by renovating in more premium seating. The revenue from monetary donations is, like baseball, going to take some sustained success over time and is in no way an easy or overnight fix.

My god man how much time do you spend typing this bullshit. This is just a message board about MSU sports take a deep breath and step back from the keyboard , you don't have to prove everyone wrong on everything. Take a break from the keyboard and get out and do something constructive like maybe getting laid it could change your life.

TrueMaroon
02-13-2015, 08:43 AM
Hey, I understand math, percentages, relativity, dispensational eschatology, et. al. No need to teach a class here.

Why is it the only ones who get unhinged at the mention of Rick Stansbury are the ones who spend inordinate amounts of time trying to convince the MSU fanbase that Rick Ray's sorry performance is better than it seems? Which, of course, is the point of your misdirected revenue diatribe.

But, we digress. Back to the revenue discussion. Do a little study in adaptive expectations or how you are using the quantity theory to try and convince the uneducated that the revenue generated during Rick Ray's term is somehow equal or greater than that which was generated by Rick Stansbuy's term. Then review the below chart (your data, not mine) and get back to me.

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/08/08cccf29b0838262f77570f95f4b9885062874ea8d7093c3a1 6192f4e8ecda25.jpg

RougeDawg
02-13-2015, 11:08 AM

I'm glad you took the time to show "Know it all" what I was attempting to say. 8 years ago we had a waiting list for season tickets. Now we have large amounts of lower level tickets available well after the season even starts. To my recollection we have not built a larger arena in that time, so total available seats are the same now as then. Now if less ofnthe available seats are purchased/occupied now than then, how can one argue that we are equal or better off now with Ray? It's pretty basic logic. If there is a finite amount of something, and s smaller portion of that finite amount sobbing used now,!how can that be better? There's no way on earth any human can logically explain that? But someone on here will continue to argue point because the overall prices of everything have increased. Hey guess what, so have the f*cking expenses in that time. Electricity costs have just about doubled in the last 8 years (20-30% in last 2) yet we are supposed to believe Ray rt isn't that bad, because the BBall revenue is the same or slightly less now than it was during the last few years of our former coach. Look I knew it was a time go change but nothing about RR is benefitting our program. This doesn't even take into account higher fuel costs which effects team travel as well as every other aspect of life that requires transport. All goods and services have risen due to higher fuel costs.

Can someone break down revenue and margins during each coaching tenure? This would be very telling of Ray. Revenue stagnant while expenses increase. In any business younger fired or go out of business with this type of perfoemance.