PDA

View Full Version : Ray is toast ...

BiscuitEater
02-10-2015, 11:14 PM
Sorry, I was hoping Ray could get to .500. But losing to Bama who was playing without 3 of their top 7 players ... at home is the final nail. In year three, we still have zero offense ... zero screens, no plays ... still can't beat a press ... turnovers ... lack of basic fundamentals.

Time to think about the future ... sooner the better.

BeardoMSU
02-10-2015, 11:24 PM
Lets say we give Ray another year. Next year all of his "talented" core-upperclassmen will be seniors. So what happens next? We keep Ray, then watch him rebuild and suck it up for another 3 years, or, we hire someone else and force them to start completely over again with a bare cupboard?

The only option is to make a change this season. That way we will at least have some type of continuity remaining for the new coach to build off of.

bluelightstar
02-10-2015, 11:30 PM
Lets say we give Ray another year. Next year all of his "talented" core-upperclassmen will be seniors. So what happens next? We keep Ray, then watch him rebuild and suck it up for another 3 years, or, we hire someone else and force them to start completely over again with a bare cupboard?

The only option is to make a change this season. That way we will at least have some type of continuity remaining for the new coach to build off of.

He's going to get another year and be a lame duck all year after losing some inexplicable non-conference games to bad teams. I don't often agree with Jeremy Foley, but he was right: "What should be done eventually, must be done immediately."

hells bells
02-10-2015, 11:32 PM

I watched the game. I see good players. I see horrible coaching. With this stated from a arm chair coach, time for a change right 17ing now. The players, boosters, fans, students, the hump deserve better.

Bully78
02-11-2015, 08:22 AM
I watched the game. I see good players. I see horrible coaching. With this stated from a arm chair coach, time for a change right 17ing now. The players, boosters, fans, students, the hump deserve better.

You must be looking at a different team than me. I'm struggling to see any good players out there. Good players don't have 15 turnovers in the game. Good players make more than two 3 pointers in a game. Good players make shots from two feet away from the basket. Good players can make mid range jump shots. Good teams shoot more than 37% for the game. Good players make their foul shots. I could go on... While the entire problem is not Ray, the entire responsibility does rest on Ray. These are his players, so if they are no good, that is on him!

Dawgface
02-11-2015, 08:26 AM
Ray is bacon and eggs to SS. He will get another year.

FlabLoser
02-11-2015, 08:31 AM
How does this team play well one week and play so terrible the next?

hells bells
02-11-2015, 08:35 AM
You must be looking at a different team than me. I'm struggling to see any good players out there. Good players don't have 15 turnovers in the game. Good players make more than two 3 pointers in a game. Good players make shots from two feet away from the basket. Good players can make mid range jump shots. Good teams shoot more than 37% for the game. Good players make their foul shots. I could go on... While the entire problem is not Ray, the entire responsibility does rest on Ray. These are his players, so if they are no good, that is on him!

Really? I said good players not great. A good coach will get the most out his or her players. Our coach is not. That was my point.

RougeDawg
02-11-2015, 01:39 PM

If you look at the entire season, this team has really only played well one Or two weeks. The sh*tastic performances we have had the last two, are more representative of the entire season than last weeks two games. We played well above our means and got lucky by TN and LSU having one, if not the worst, performances of their seasons. It was more about them having abnormally bad games than us. Plus we hit an abnormally amount of 3's in those two wins. Some Ray backers on here fail to see those two glaring reasons for the W's.

msstate7
02-11-2015, 01:41 PM

How did we play so well in football against lsu, aTm, and auburn, yet terribly against kentucky and OM?

RougeDawg
02-11-2015, 01:43 PM
How did we play so well in football against lsu, aTm, and auburn, yet terribly against kentucky and OM?

Complacency

Goat from MSU
02-11-2015, 02:13 PM
On the 4 SEC wins we shot 41% from 3 and 69.5 % from FT Line .In the 7 losses we shot 32% from 3 and 62 % fro FT Line .Shooting and not knowing how to play offense plays a big factor.
If you look at the entire season, this team has really only played well one Or two weeks. The sh*tastic performances we have had the last two, are more representative of the entire season than last weeks two games. We played well above our means and got lucky by TN and LSU having one, if not the worst, performances of their seasons. It was more about them having abnormally bad games than us. Plus we hit an abnormally amount of 3's in those two wins. Some Ray backers on here fail to see those two glaring reasons for the W's.