bluelightstar
02-10-2015, 11:08 PM
He has to go.

BeardoMSU
02-10-2015, 11:09 PM
Too bad we can't knock down open shots***

codeDawg
02-10-2015, 11:10 PM
Is it 2016 so we can get on with our basketball fandom yet?

Crystal Balls
02-10-2015, 11:10 PM
Complete chit show

It_Could_Happen
02-10-2015, 11:14 PM
I've defended him all year and I have no defense tonight. Piss poor all the way around

maroonmania
02-10-2015, 11:16 PM
No hope. Every time a remnant of the fans try to buy back in due to the team looking a little better for a few games we go right back to laying another turd performance.

mparkerfd20
02-10-2015, 11:16 PM
Oh no we suck again. And we will as long as Rick Ray draws a check from us.

Irondawg
02-10-2015, 11:25 PM
It's the offense that's just terrible. We are actually half decent on defense but the offensive is just unwatchable. We had a stretch there were we made a few shots in a few games and it made us look better.

But the turnover numbers and the eye test don't lie.

He's going to get another year. I'm resigned to that. But if he wants more than that he needs to hire an assistant with an offensive pedigree and give him the keys.

BeardoMSU
02-10-2015, 11:30 PM
It's the offense that's just terrible. We are actually half decent on defense but the offensive is just unwatchable. We had a stretch there were we made a few shots in a few games and it made us look better.

But the turnover numbers and the eye test don't lie.

He's going to get another year. I'm resigned to that. But if he wants more than that he needs to hire an assistant with an offensive pedigree and give him the keys.

I don't know why on earth we would give him another year. After next year, we will once again be in total rebuild mode, and we've seen how Ray handled that. The decision to fire Ray or keep him can have a generational effect on our basketball program. We better get that shit right.

fishwater99
02-11-2015, 12:30 AM
Our motion is horrible. We don't have a player who can make an outside shot constantly.
Why was ware shooting 12 footers?
Why weren't we using Sword to slash in the lane like last year?
We don't have a PG, can't even bring the ball up the court.
Rick Ray needs to go.

TUSK
02-11-2015, 01:28 AM
Effin' 51 freakin' points allowed????

We have got to find a secondary, soon!

Howboutdemdogs
02-11-2015, 08:47 AM
To add to Fishwater, No offensive plays and no free throw shooting.

SouthMsDawg
02-11-2015, 08:51 AM
No hope. Every time a remnant of the fans try to buy back in due to the team looking a little better for a few games we go right back to laying another turd performance.

You hit the nail on the head! We beat LSU and Tennessee and then have consecutive 9 and 20 point first halves in the next two games. Our offense is hard to watch at times and Bama is almost as bad yet they have a couple of guys who can knock down 3's we dont. We are 2-25 from three in our past 2 games combined

tcdog70
02-11-2015, 10:40 AM
we have players that can shoot threes. But we have to shoot them correctly. We never shoot a three off of a set play or a pick. We never go inside out for a three where we still have our dribble and our feet are set. We mostly shoot 3s of the dribble and under duress.When a team double teams Ware he should immediately go outside for a teammate that is set up for a 3. We also never run a backdoor cut for an easy layup. Our best offense is when we run and shoot before the defense can set up.

mic
02-11-2015, 05:12 PM
we have players that can shoot threes. But we have to shoot them correctly. We never shoot a three off of a set play or a pick. We never go inside out for a three where we still have our dribble and our feet are set. We mostly shoot 3s of the dribble and under duress.When a team double teams Ware he should immediately go outside for a teammate that is set up for a 3. We also never run a backdoor cut for an easy layup. Our best offense is when we run and shoot before the defense can set up.

Actually one of your better post about hoops..

I agree and I have no idea why when we feed the post to Gavin and they collapse with 2 or even 3 players that he doesn't kick it back for a open shot and even more so he could get a return pass back to him..

And We don't a good job at attacking a zone defense..

MadDawg
02-11-2015, 05:18 PM
And We don't a good job at attacking a zone defense..

Understatement of the year.