PDA

View Full Version : Josh Lovelady catcher

MsStateBaseball
02-10-2015, 10:57 AM
I heard John talk about him yesterday. At Shelton State the coach has been there 15 years and hasn't had a captain bc his ideal of a captain is rather high. Well, last year was the first year he had a captain and it was Josh Lovelady. So you can tell what kind of fine man and player Josh is. I am glad he is with us.

messageboardsuperhero
02-10-2015, 11:03 AM
He sounds a lot like Mitch Slaughter with a better throwing arm to me. Hopefully he plays like that too.

justwin
02-10-2015, 01:04 PM
I heard John talk about him yesterday. At Shelton State the coach has been there 15 years and hasn't had a captain bc his ideal of a captain is rather high. Well, last year was the first year he had a captain and it was Josh Lovelady. So you can tell what kind of fine man and player Josh is. I am glad he is with us.

Few questions for you..

What lineup do you think we'll see Friday night?

Projected guys that seem to be in play:
CF Smith/Robson
SS Heck
2B Holland
LF Hump
1B Rea
DH Reynolds/Rooker/Gordon?
3B Britton/Reynolds
RF C Brown/Smith/Rooker
C Walker/Lovelady

I've read on here some think both Smith & Robson could both be in the OF, but not sure what to think on that. We're already giving up a bat in the lineup at 3B, throw in Collins' injury. Might want a heavier bat in RF, no?
Cohen will start Britton on opening night at 3B, but it sounds like Reynolds has been playing there, extensively, this Fall, and doing very well. You think we'll see Reynolds start game two Sat., or sub in Friday?
What is the RF situation, particularly, Cody Brown? I liked seeing him in the lineup last year as he just seemed to have a knack for getting a hit, and finding a way to get on base. Haven't heard his name much this offseason. Are Rooker & Swinarski going to get some oppos out there over this next month?
Who will be behind the plate Friday night?

Thanks

Dawgtini
02-10-2015, 01:17 PM
Few questions for you..

CF Smith/Robson
SS Heck
2B Holland
LF Hump
1B Rea
3B Britton/Reynolds
RF C Brown/Smith/Rooker
C Walker/Lovelady

I've read on here some think both Smith & Robson could both be in the OF, but not sure what to think on that. We're already giving up a bat in the lineup at 3B, throw in Collins' injury. Might want a heavier bat in RF, no?
Cohen will start Britton on opening night at 3B, but it sounds like Reynolds has been playing there, extensively, this Fall, and doing very well. You think we'll see Reynolds start game two Sat., or sub in Friday?
What is the RF situation, particularly, Cody Brown? I liked seeing him in the lineup last year as he just seemed to have a knack for getting a hit, and finding a way to get on base. Haven't heard his name much this offseason. Are Rooker & Swinarski going to get some oppos out there over this next month?

Thanks

Sounds like you need to drop a dime to Ms. Cleo **

MsStateBaseball
02-10-2015, 02:03 PM
Few questions for you..

CF Smith/Robson
SS Heck
2B Holland
LF Hump
1B Rea
3B Britton/Reynolds
RF C Brown/Smith/Rooker
C Walker/Lovelady

Thanks

Cohen will play everybody just to get their feet wet this weekend. As we head into the San Diego weekend, you will see what the lineup will actually look like. I don't know who is better at facing a right or left handed pitcher. They keep those stats.

The OF will have a few combinations of left and right. On the infield, Reynolds at 3B, Britton at 2B, Holland at short are all left handed batters. I think Reynolds will play more at DH than 3B once the season gets long. Britton has been thru the SEC. Just stick Reynolds at DH. Hump will need some time at DH I think. He will either be LF or DH every game. He is trying to keep Hump healthy. Diving for a ball is not good for him.

Bottom line is what I said earlier, who is better at hitting against L or R pitchers. They will find that combo by SEC play. Now what is different this year and it is big to me is pinch hitting. Rooker, Gordon, Reynolds, etc, are good enough to get a big hit when they pinch hit. That I think will be the difference in some games.