PDA

View Full Version : Perfect Game's 2015 Top High School Rankings

HailState13
02-10-2015, 10:51 AM
Looks Like A couple of High schools are ranked up there with more than one State Signee/commit on each team. Desoto Central checks in at #16 and Pelham(AL) is at #22 nationally. State guys on those teams are Keegan James, Brant Blaylock, Austin Riley and on Pelham is Hunter Stovall and Cole Whitman(2016). I tried to check the other teams on there for State guys but I think that is all. If I missed any sorry!

http://www.perfectgame.org/Rankings/HSTeams/teams.aspx

MsStateBaseball
02-10-2015, 11:39 AM
Ja Serra (misspelled) from Cali is another one. I wish I had the time to keep up with them but I don't.

MetEdDawg
02-10-2015, 11:51 AM
Can someone tell me what to do or who to contact about a kid? I coach at a big school in central AL and I've got a couple young kids I coach that may end up being pretty good ball players and worthy of playing at MSU at some point.

I'm not ready to contact the staff yet because I want to see how these kids pan out this year playing up, but who would I contact IF I were wanting to possibly get someone on our staff to look at these kids?

ConkyMSU
02-10-2015, 12:54 PM
First, I would get in touch with Mingione by email. He's the head recruiting guy now.

Harrydawg
02-10-2015, 08:29 PM
I thought Jackson Prep was ranked or at least I was told by someone last week they were.

They have 4 seniors that have already signed D1 baseball scholly's (2 MSU, 1 AL & 2 UM). And at least one sophmore who is a sure fire D1 talent. Those guys are loaded and I'd put em up against anybody in the sate regardless of class.

MsStateBaseball
02-10-2015, 08:51 PM
Can someone tell me what to do or who to contact about a kid? I coach at a big school in central AL and I've got a couple young kids I coach that may end up being pretty good ball players and worthy of playing at MSU at some point.

I'm not ready to contact the staff yet because I want to see how these kids pan out this year playing up, but who would I contact IF I were wanting to possibly get someone on our staff to look at these kids?

Here is your problem. No way the coaches can see them play in the regular season unless they are close by. This is why travel ball or camp is the only way they can see you in person. Another way is a person they totally trust tell them a kid is the real deal. I would go to camp for sure.

MsStateBaseball
02-10-2015, 08:54 PM
I thought Jackson Prep was ranked or at least I was told by someone last week they were.

They have 4 seniors that have already signed D1 baseball scholly's (2 MSU, 1 AL & 2 UM). And at least one sophmore who is a sure fire D1 talent. Those guys are loaded and I'd put em up against anybody in the sate regardless of class.

They are ranked. Prep should win it all. Their big test is versus big baseball power DeSoto Central at Southaven. They should have fun in that game. Matthew Myers for Prep is #1 sophomore in state by PG right now.

MsStateBaseball
02-10-2015, 09:04 PM
More on recruiting; if the kid is a pitcher then he needs to go to pitching camp so Butch can see him. At this point, these kids either have to be on a big HS baseball program and or be on a semi good travel team. But talent is tight. Meaning if they bat left, pitch left they have a better chance. They really need to stand out versus good competition.

jgunn
02-10-2015, 11:07 PM
They are ranked. Prep should win it all. Their big test is versus big baseball power DeSoto Central at Southaven. They should have fun in that game. Matthew Myers for Prep is #1 sophomore in state by PG right now.

April 18th Prep comes up here to DC. A lot of folks up here are ready for that one.

HailState13
02-11-2015, 10:21 AM

I'm sure they are ranked somewhere and they should be! They just were not in the Perfect Game top 50 teams list from the link I provided in the post.