dawgclub99
02-09-2015, 03:34 PM
Looks like it. The Bears are worried.

Ifyouonlyknew
02-09-2015, 03:41 PM
Where are you seeing this?

notoriousdog
02-09-2015, 03:47 PM
Jesus. It's 360-ish days until signing day. I don't think anyone should be worried about a recruit at this point.

AlSwearengen
02-09-2015, 03:59 PM
Jeez. I haven't even gotten a chance to learn any names for 2016 yet. Who is Justin Conner?

EAVdog
02-09-2015, 03:59 PM
We're identifying kids for 2017. Most of our 2015 class committed in July last year. Which is just a few months away. Have to get those 2016 targets to camp. It's a never ending process.

smootness
02-09-2015, 04:02 PM
I have no idea if it might actually happen, but it would be big if it did, simply to stem the tide of their in-state momentum for next year. It would especially help that it is a Panola kid.

Ifyouonlyknew
02-09-2015, 04:04 PM
I'll believe it when I see it on this kid.

starkvegasdawg
02-09-2015, 04:28 PM
Network ATMs never get a vacation day.

RIdog
02-09-2015, 04:31 PM
Jeez. I haven't even gotten a chance to learn any names for 2016 yet. Who is Justin Conner?

Big time RB out of North Panola .

Lumpy Chucklelips
02-09-2015, 04:31 PM
Be careful Dan....it could be a mole.

HancockCountyDog
02-09-2015, 04:34 PM

Does he even have a firm offer from us? I'm not sure he does.

NCDawg
02-09-2015, 04:56 PM
Ole Miss seems to have a lock on the Panola County kids. The only ones I remember us getting are Derek Pegues, Kevin Cooper, and a lineman from North Panola that never contributed.

smootness
02-09-2015, 05:04 PM
Ole Miss seems to have a lock on the Panola County kids. The only ones I remember us getting are Derek Pegues, Kevin Cooper, and a lineman from North Panola that never contributed.

We do have Deshea Townsend now, though, so you never know.

jeremyrbrown
02-09-2015, 05:06 PM

Kendrick Market

HancockCountyDog
02-09-2015, 05:21 PM
Kendrick Market

Kendrick has worked out great for us, I love the kid, but the last kid we grabbed out of Panola county that the bears wanted was Pegues. This is a weird thread.

Todd4State
02-09-2015, 05:26 PM
I smell a Kalio type situation.

Sad thing is we've recruited South Panola better than we have Madison Central.

GreenheadDawg
02-09-2015, 05:37 PM
I smell a Kalio type situation.

Sad thing is we've recruited South Panola better than we have Madison Central.

Exactly. Bucky will want revenge for Leo. Even though they didnt want him**

Ifyouonlyknew
02-09-2015, 06:39 PM
I don't see any proof anywhere that this is even a thing.

HailState39110
02-09-2015, 08:36 PM

Is he related to any of the other Conners in Panola County ( Tony, Bryan ? ) ? Anytime I see a Conner or Strong from Panola i just concede them to the Bears

I just looked at the CL targeted 22 for 2016 and it does look like OM is positioned better for 2016. I think the top 10 has DK Metcalf in Oxford, Conner in North Panola, a kid who plays at Layfaette County, and another kid from South Panola .

There are the two kids from starkville but I know one of them has already come out and said he wants to go somewhere else to play his college ball.

msstate7
02-09-2015, 08:39 PM
Is he related to any of the other Conners in Panola County ( Tony, Bryan ? ) ? Anytime I see a Conner or Strong from Panola i just concede them to the Bears

I just looked at the CL targeted 22 for 2016 and it does look like OM is positioned better for 2016. I think the top 10 has DK Metcalf in Oxford, Conner in North Panola, a kid who plays at Layfaette County, and another kid from South Panola .

There are the two kids from starkville but I know one of them has already come out and said he wants to go somewhere else to play his college ball.

Don't concede aj brown just yet

GreenheadDawg
02-09-2015, 09:12 PM
Don't concede aj brown just yet

I think brown just wants to be recruited. Or who knows maybe he does want leave Starkville. It's always odd to me that when a kid grew up an OM fan or lives within 5 counties of there they are locked in to OM. But when kids are around the Starkville area they say they want to play somewhere else

hailmari
02-09-2015, 10:19 PM
I think brown just wants to be recruited. Or who knows maybe he does want leave Starkville. It's always odd to me that when a kid grew up an OM fan or lives within 5 counties of there they are locked in to OM. But when kids are around the Starkville area they say they want to play somewhere else

Us north Mississippians are a sheltered people. Well, most of us, not me.

Rayburn8
02-09-2015, 11:15 PM
Us north Mississippians are a sheltered people. Well, most of us, not me.

The truth, as some one who currently lives in Lafayette co. There a few of us stranded behind enemy lines. We fight the good fight, but after an egg bowl loss, it is gonna be a rough rest of the year. Prayers appreciated.

DawgFromOxford
02-10-2015, 01:52 AM
The truth, as some one who currently lives in Lafayette co. There a few of us stranded behind enemy lines. We fight the good fight, but after an egg bowl loss, it is gonna be a rough rest of the year. Prayers appreciated.

Right there with you Rayburn. It's not the easiest life but someone has to do it. As for the other kid from Oxford, his name is Eli Johnson and he plays for the county school here in town, Lafayette High School.

engie
02-10-2015, 07:05 AM

Remind me of the last time we lost a kid anywhere near Starkville that we wanted? You just made that up...

OM doesn't miss on Panola kids -- msu doesn't miss on Starkville/West Point kids. Maybe one guy per decade...

GreenheadDawg
02-10-2015, 08:31 AM
Remind me of the last time we lost a kid anywhere near Starkville that we wanted? You just made that up...

OM doesn't miss on Panola kids -- msu doesn't miss on Starkville/West Point kids. Maybe one guy per decade...

Thanks for putting me in my place. I needed that. Sorry I didn't make a spread sheet showing the demographics. And Did i say we lose them. nope I didn't. You're such a douchebag

M.Fillmore
02-10-2015, 08:55 AM
Every heard of Freddy Millons? Bama sure has.

As for near Starkville, I'd say Noxubee County is near. OM has sure gotten more than the should have from Noxubee.

jumbo
02-10-2015, 10:21 AM
We'll get Brown

msstate7
02-10-2015, 10:25 AM
We'll get Brown

He's as close to to a have to get as I can see this year. We're gonna be losing some very good receivers the next 2 years

War Machine Dawg
02-10-2015, 10:38 AM

Kendrick Market, Omar Henderson, Demetric Wright. North Panola almost never produces any college players , so you can't really count it. SP is "The Pipeline." And the NP player you're thinking of is Templeton Hardy.

mic
02-10-2015, 10:44 AM
We aren't going to flip the NP kid, and it's not that big a deal....

Ifyouonlyknew
02-10-2015, 12:11 PM
Everybody needs to relax on AJ & just let his recruitment play out. We'd be wise to think of Fletcher Adams when we freak out over anything that AJ says. We'll have to recruit him hard but some kids don't want to feel taken for granted whether by coaches or fans.

Oxfordawg
02-10-2015, 12:39 PM
Hailstate to my other brothers behind enemy lines lol

FISHDAWG
02-10-2015, 01:47 PM

what about Philadelphia ?

msstate7
02-10-2015, 01:49 PM

Josh Boyd to us
Cj to OM

There haven't been many players from here lately

engie
02-10-2015, 03:16 PM
If Philly counts for us, Memphis must count for them. Or Southaven/Olive Branch bare minimum...

Hour+ away isn't our backyard anymore...

engie
02-10-2015, 03:21 PM
Thanks for putting me in my place. I needed that. Sorry I didn't make a spread sheet showing the demographics. And Did i say we lose them. nope I didn't. You're such a douchebag

Show some "demographics" if you want -- you are still wrong and the argument you made was ridiculous "poor ole msu" bullshit. If you don't want to be called on it -- think it thru a lot better. Or at least base it in some fact whatsoever. Which you already know you didn't do -- since you immediately went to name calling rather than trying to explain yourself.

Lumpy Chucklelips
02-10-2015, 07:46 PM
With all these post from "Dog's behind enemy lines", we need to form a mini chapter and get together on occasion; watch some baseball, drink some beer, eat some wings, etc, etc. What do ya'll think?

MaroonState
02-10-2015, 11:37 PM

Pat Patterson?? Also, the whole "relax about AJ" sounds like the whole "relax about Gabe" from Yazoo line we heard all year.

msstate7
02-10-2015, 11:39 PM
Pat Patterson?? Also, the whole "relax about AJ" sounds like the whole "relax about Gabe" from Yazoo line we heard all year.

By all means, freak out then

Todd4State
02-10-2015, 11:53 PM

Patterson was six recruiting classes ago. And this coaching staff wasn't even involved in his recruitment.

MaroonState
02-11-2015, 03:04 AM
Patterson was six recruiting classes ago. And this coaching staff wasn't even involved in his recruitment.
True. But the question was asked and an answer was given. This staff seems to be getting better at recruiting. I don't have many complaints with them.

MaroonState
02-11-2015, 03:06 AM
By all means, freak out then
Seriously Clark? Where in that post do you see any "freak out" being displayed? Geez

Ifyouonlyknew
02-11-2015, 09:56 AM

To be fair it also sounds like the Fletcher Adams situation.

engie
02-11-2015, 10:37 AM

You mean how we "lost" Gabe in order to get TD Moton? Or do you think it was all coincidence and TD just "fell back into our laps" about the time Gabe committed to Oklahoma. Same way we "lost" Danley and got Rankin.

Dontea Jones wasn't even considering MSU at this time last year either. Sometimes you've got to let this stuff play out -- and use history as your guide to the most likely outcome.

People can make of it whatever they want -- but anyone "freaking out" about MSU in regards to receivers and receiver recruiting right now is either just concern trolling or off their meds. When we miss on JaQuay Williams, Corey Smith, Quantavius Leslie, Jonathon Rumph, etc -- we have to settle for guys like De'Runnya Wilson, Fred Ross, Gabe Myles. Think about it....

MedDawg
02-11-2015, 12:11 PM
You mean how we "lost" Gabe in order to get TD Moton? Or do you think it was all coincidence and TD just "fell back into our laps" about the time Gabe committed to Oklahoma. Same way we "lost" Danley and got Rankin.

Dontea Jones wasn't even considering MSU at this time last year either. Sometimes you've got to let this stuff play out -- and use history as your guide to the most likely outcome.

People can make of it whatever they want -- but anyone "freaking out" about MSU in regards to receivers and receiver recruiting right now is either just concern trolling or off their meds. When we miss on JaQuay Williams, Corey Smith, Quantavius Leslie, Jonathon Rumph, etc -- we have to settle for guys like De'Runnya Wilson, Fred Ross, Gabe Myles. Think about it....

Jonathon Rumph! I had forgotten about him. Looked him up, and the 6'5" 220lb WR from Holmes CC (composite 4 star) had 297 yards receiving and 1 TD over his two seasons at Georgia, 98 of those coming against Appalachian State in 2013 and 67 yards against Charleston Southern in 2014.

Quantavious Leslie, the 6'4" WR from Hinds, #5 WR in the country per 247, finished his two years at LSU with 1 catch for 11 yards.

sandwolf
02-11-2015, 12:28 PM

Wait, are you saying that we passed on Gabriel Campbell, as opposed to losing him? I don't know that I buy that. I think we would have taken both Campbell and Moton if we could have.

engie
02-11-2015, 01:45 PM
Wait, are you saying that we passed on Gabriel Campbell, as opposed to losing him? I don't know that I buy that. I think we would have taken both Campbell and Moton if we could have.

If I was saying we "passed" on Campbell -- that's what I would have said. But it wasn't. We would have taken Danley too. Hence the example. We didn't make Campbell a huge priority though as evidenced in several interviews from him throughout the process. The point is -- as long as we got one of them, to go along with Fletcher Adams and Kendell Jones -- we were going to be set at DT for the class.

My overriding point was that it is almost always ridiculous to flip out over individual recruits unless they are Cam Newton-level elite or if we are whiffing on overall position groups over multiple years. 2010 and 2011 when we whiffed on 10+ JUCO guys and ended up taking distant backup plan bust Joey Trapp to fill a glaring immediate need at OT while having the position destroy a season for us -- good reason to flip out a little. Missing on QB priorities in 2 of the first 3 seasons, and having the priority go pro in baseball in the 4th -- excellent cause for concern.

Worrying about WRs and RBs -- 12 months out in recruiting -- when we've stockpiled the most talent we've ever had at WR and arguably at RB and absolutely loaded up at those two spots in the class that isn't even on campus yet is simply not on the same planet concern-wise...

MaroonState
02-12-2015, 02:32 AM

Like I said earlier, a question was asked and an answer was given. Also, I believe Vincent Sanders would be an answer to the same question. Certainly no "freak out" going on here. This crew is certainly doing a better job of recruiting than they did the first three years here. Still some bumps in the road like losing Campbell this year when we could have wrapped up Jalen Bates early. Because we definitely would have taken Campbell and Moton. That was not an either or situation. That was more of a we got lucky Bama dropped Moton situation if anything. Also our development speaks for itself. Love this staff because it is probably one of the best overall staffs we've ever had here. BUT no staff gets a pass any year on any recruit when you compete in the SEC or you'll get left behind.

Ifyouonlyknew
02-12-2015, 08:52 AM
Like I said earlier, a question was asked and an answer was given. Also, I believe Vincent Sanders would be an answer to the same question. Certainly no "freak out" going on here. This crew is certainly doing a better job of recruiting than they did the first three years here. Still some bumps in the road like losing Campbell this year when we could have wrapped up Jalen Bates early. Because we definitely would have taken Campbell and Moton. That was not an either or situation. That was more of a we got lucky Bama dropped Moton situation if anything. Also our development speaks for itself. Love this staff because it is probably one of the best overall staffs we've ever had here. BUT no staff gets a pass any year on any recruit when you compete in the SEC or you'll get left behind.

I agree we definitely would've taken Campbell & Moton. However we passed on Bates & took Mullins. That's why we told him not to visit bc Mullins was coming to commit that weekend.

MaroonState
02-12-2015, 09:18 AM
I agree we definitely would've taken Campbell & Moton. However we passed on Bates & took Mullins. That's why we told him not to visit bc Mullins was coming to commit that weekend.
Gotcha. Not trying to argue just trying to understand. Why wouldn't they have taken both Mullins and bates? Was it because they thought they would take one of the aforementioned to go along with Gabe who was thought to be in the bag or was there other reasons we wouldn't take bates?

Ifyouonlyknew
02-12-2015, 09:53 AM
Honestly I'm not sure why we didn't take Bates & Mullins. I really liked Bates. I don't think it was bc we thought Gabe was in the bag. We always felt good about Gabe but he never told us he was coming or we were the school to beat or anything like that. I just think it became a #'s game & we chose Mullins over Bates. I think we figured we'd take 2 more HS DL & it would be Mullins & Campbell. At that time I don't think anyone could predict Moton falling back in our laps but we definitely would've made the #'s work if all 3 wanted to come. We didn't feel that strongly about Bates to make it work for him.

MaroonState
02-12-2015, 10:23 AM
Honestly I'm not sure why we didn't take Bates & Mullins. I really liked Bates. I don't think it was bc we thought Gabe was in the bag. We always felt good about Gabe but he never told us he was coming or we were the school to beat or anything like that. I just think it became a #'s game & we chose Mullins over Bates. I think we figured we'd take 2 more HS DL & it would be Mullins & Campbell. At that time I don't think anyone could predict Moton falling back in our laps but we definitely would've made the #'s work if all 3 wanted to come. We didn't feel that strongly about Bates to make it work for him.
I see. Thanks for the reply!