PDA

View Full Version : Redmond projected as a 1st rounder next April

Coach34
02-08-2015, 11:05 PM
http://walterfootball.com/draft2016.php

Jones at 15 and Redmond late 1st

Has 6 total 1st rounders from State and Fredo- but I cant see Kimchee going 4th overall. He didnt even make the coaches 1st or 2nd team All-SEC team

HoopsDawg
02-08-2015, 11:11 PM

Has 6 total 1st rounders from State and Fredo- but I cant see Kimchee going 4th overall. He didnt even make the coaches 1st or 2nd team All-SEC team

Two first rounders on D, that's excellent. Kimchee didn't gave the stats but he was a menance. And he will light up the combine. I also think DJ Jones will help him this year.

msstate7
02-08-2015, 11:16 PM
I don't know about this mock draft. I don't think cardale jones will beat out barrett for Ohio st's qb much less get drafted #2 overall

Aces High
02-08-2015, 11:23 PM
Rebs 3 top 7 and 4 first round?
No wonder they took a chance on mgk. This is the year or never.

Todd4State
02-08-2015, 11:24 PM
I think Bear has a chance to go in the first round with a good season. And so does Dak for that matter.

Floridawg
02-08-2015, 11:26 PM
Can predict a 2016 mock draft but can't update our logo...

Dawg61
02-09-2015, 12:12 AM
I don't know about this mock draft. I don't think cardale jones will beat out barrett for Ohio st's qb much less get drafted #2 overall

I totally buy Jones as the #2 overall pick. Hell if I was a GM I'd take him #1 over Winston and Mariota THIS YEAR! He is a physical freak. He's Rothlisberger 2.0 but more athletic. He has an absolute cannon.

SDDawg
02-09-2015, 12:13 AM
Rebs 3 top 7 and 4 first round?
No wonder they took a chance on mgk. This is the year or never.

That's what they said last year. MGK is a joke...

Rayburn8
02-09-2015, 12:53 AM
This is the same guy who has B-Mac going in the second round(44th overall) to the saints.

ShotgunDawg
02-09-2015, 01:02 AM
I was thinking today, this coming year, how many of our players this season would start or play significant snaps for Bama?

In the past, I could only think of 1 or 2 players, but this coming year I think Dak, Bear, Redmond, Jones, possibly Peters, & Gray would all play significant snaps for Bama. That probably more than we've ever had.

Coach34
02-09-2015, 08:34 AM
I was thinking today, this coming year, how many of our players this season would start or play significant snaps for Bama?

In the past, I could only think of 1 or 2 players, but this coming year I think Dak, Bear, Redmond, Jones, possibly Peters, & Gray would all play significant snaps for Bama. That probably more than we've ever had.

Ryan Brown would- he will be drafted next April also
Fred Ross would get significant time also- I think Mullen was a little too loyal to RoJo this past season. Finally at the end we just couldnt keep Ross off the field any longer. He had 200 yards receiving in the last 2 games alone

defiantdog
02-09-2015, 08:44 AM
Don't forget about B Brown..... He may leave early after next year

Coach34
02-09-2015, 08:55 AM
Don't forget about B Brown..... He may leave early after next year

Only thing I worry about him and being drafted is his size. He's only 6' and that is gonna turn off some teams- so I dont see him leaving early. Will he be an NFL player? Absolutely

coastratdog
02-09-2015, 09:08 AM
Just wondering what were the star ratings for each kid from MSU and TSUN? Just shows who can pick future stars and develop them. Thing is check back in three years and see who is still on a roster.

Bama_Dawg
02-09-2015, 09:22 AM
Only thing I worry about him and being drafted is his size. He's only 6' and that is gonna turn off some teams- so I dont see him leaving early. Will he be an NFL player? Absolutely

B Brown is starting to sound like an old Dome Patrol member from the late 80s. He lacked in height, but was the general of the LB corp (sound familiar)...Sam Mills. He had a really good pro career too.

PassInterference
02-09-2015, 09:31 AM
I've never seen this Ole Miss logo before. Is that Col Reb on top of gay pride?

http://walterfootball.com/college/Mississippi_logo.gif

Rayburn8
02-09-2015, 09:59 AM
B Brown is starting to sound like an old Dome Patrol member from the late 80s. He lacked in height, but was the general of the LB corp (sound familiar)...Sam Mills. He had a really good pro career too.

Or Ray Lewis.

bulldawg28
02-09-2015, 10:06 AM
Redmond is the man!!!

msstate7
02-09-2015, 10:08 AM
Or Ray Lewis.

Ray Lewis and Sam mills are 2 of the best lb's the nfl has ever seen. That might be premature

DudyDawg
02-09-2015, 10:19 AM
I totally buy Jones as the #2 overall pick. Hell if I was a GM I'd take him #1 over Winston and Mariota THIS YEAR! He is a physical freak. He's Rothlisberger 2.0 but more athletic. He has an absolute cannon.

So did JaMarcus Russell

starkvegasdawg
02-09-2015, 10:25 AM

Bracky sucks...

jumbo
02-09-2015, 10:26 AM
Can predict a 2016 mock draft but can't update our logo...

If you look, he's got older or alternate logos for a lot of teams

Johnson85
02-09-2015, 12:29 PM

Is Peters really that type of talent?

I don't have any reason to say he's not except that it's pretty rare for a player to start as a true freshman for us, much less start and be so good that they would also play significant time for Bama. Is he really a freak, or are people getting a little over-hyped with him.

jumbo
02-09-2015, 12:32 PM
Is Peters really that type of talent?

I don't have any reason to say he's not except that it's pretty rare for a player to start as a true freshman for us, much less start and be so good that they would also play significant time for Bama. Is he really a freak, or are people getting a little over-hyped with him.

It's a little bit of both in my opinion.

Coach34
02-09-2015, 12:50 PM
Peters is a combo of being really good and our fans projecting because we were not very good at Safety.

I'll be shocked if Peters starts- its very unlikely to happen.

People do this every year. Last Feb it was Aeris Williams was going to start because he is awesome and JRob hadnt proved anything. Also Jamoral Graham was gonna come in and light it up. People need to start realizing our staff is going to play the older players who have dedicated themselves to the program for years over younger guys. The last true Freshman starters we had were Bumphis and Cox in 2009

Irondawg
02-09-2015, 12:54 PM
If tunsil get hurt again it's going to real hurt his stock. He will still go first round on talent but nobody is going to risk a top 5 pick on a linen that couldn't stay healthy in college

Political Hack
02-09-2015, 01:09 PM
Peters is the best safety prospect, outside of maybe Tony Conner, to come out of MS in 10 or so years... at least that I can remember. He's a freak athlete. As soon as his head stops spinning, he's going to make other people's heads spin.

Alldawg
02-09-2015, 01:29 PM

Ohio State would not have won the National Championship with Barrett at QB. It will be his job to lose and I don't see that happening. The other QB's may not be fully healthy by spring practice.

MSUDawg4Life
02-09-2015, 01:36 PM
Peters is the best safety prospect, outside of maybe Tony Conner, to come out of MS in 10 or so years... at least that I can remember. He's a freak athlete. As soon as his head stops spinning, he's going to make other people's heads spin.

Agreed. I was thinking the same thing. Tony Conner played as a true freshman. Sure, he made freshman mistakes from time to time but his talent on the field was undeniable. I see Peters the same way.

msstate7
02-09-2015, 01:40 PM
Ohio State would not have won the National Championship with Barrett at QB. It will be his job to lose and I don't see that happening. The other QB's may not be fully healthy by spring practice.

Not so sure. I watched a lot of Ohio state games and barrett is the much better passer. Barrett is a very good runner too. He's not as big, but he's 6'1" 225 and packs a punch himself

msstate7
02-09-2015, 01:43 PM
Agreed. I was thinking the same thing. Tony Conner played as a true freshman. Sure, he made freshman mistakes from time to time but his talent on the field was undeniable. I see Peters the same way.
I think peters can match conner's raw talent, but I think conners playing 6a had him more prepared than peters will be. Still think peters plays a ton this year

Political Hack
02-09-2015, 01:48 PM
I think peters can match conner's raw talent, but I think conners playing 6a had him more prepared than peters will be. Still think peters plays a ton this year

I think Peter's upside is higher than Conner, but Conner was more game ready coming out of high school.

Ifyouonlyknew
02-09-2015, 01:53 PM
Another thing to mention on the difference with conner & Peters. A lot of people want Jamal to be the last line of defense at FS while OM plays Conner at a dog safety spot & he's rarely 15yds past the line of scrimmage. 2 totally diff animals.

MSUDawg4Life
02-09-2015, 02:00 PM
Interesting. I always assumed Peter would play SS.

Ifyouonlyknew
02-09-2015, 02:05 PM
Fair enough but we sometimes have our SS as the last line of defense also. Just making a point that Conner & Peters are going to be asked to do 2 totally diff jobs.

MSUDawg4Life
02-09-2015, 02:12 PM
True, true. It did seem that OM utilized Conner in a way that minimized the risk of having him out there. In our defense, whether at SS or FS, there will be times when Peters will be exposed.

I still don't have a problem with putting him out there though. The young man will just have to grow up fast.

Bo Darville
02-09-2015, 02:14 PM
I think Peter's upside is higher than Conner, but Conner was more game ready coming out of high school.

My thoughts exactly.

HancockCountyDog
02-09-2015, 02:19 PM
Another thing to mention on the difference with conner & Peters. A lot of people want Jamal to be the last line of defense at FS while OM plays Conner at a dog safety spot & he's rarely 15yds past the line of scrimmage. 2 totally diff animals.

I hope we do that with Peters. I don't want him playing FS and last line of defense, its just putting too much on a true freshman. Keep him in the box and let him wreak havoc.

Ifyouonlyknew
02-09-2015, 02:19 PM
True, true. It did seem that OM utilized Conner in a way that minimized the risk of having him out there. In our defense, whether at SS or FS, there will be times when Peters will be exposed.

I still don't have a problem with putting him out there though. The young man will just have to grow up fast.

Oh I agree his talent is just too great not to allow him to grow on the job. Just saying that OM didn't put Conner in a position to be exposed. Jamal will be as good as he wants to be it's all up to him. On June 6th if he comes in with his head down ready to work & have his face in that playbook he will get as many reps as he can handle. It's all up to him.

ShotgunDawg
02-09-2015, 02:21 PM
my thought on Peters was that, due to Bama losing Landon Collins, he would have a chance to play for Bama this year due to his talent and because Bama wasn't exactly stellar on the back end.

Coach34
02-09-2015, 02:44 PM
We have a DT projected to be drafted in the 1st round that doesn't start

Peters will not start a game for us before game 7- if at all.

Ifyouonlyknew
02-09-2015, 02:49 PM
We have a DT projected to be drafted in the 1st round that doesn't start

Peters will not start a game for us before game 7- if at all.

I'll take that bet. If Peters is ready to start he will start. Maybe not against USM but he will have the opportunity.

Dawg496
02-09-2015, 02:53 PM
I'll take that bet. If Peters is ready to start he will start. Maybe not against USM but he will have the opportunity.

Dan Mullen vs Coach34

http://myreactiongifs.com/gifs/willfarrellshowdown.gif

Mullen is pretty high on Peters. Hope the youngsters get the chance to play if they've earned it. Would be a nice change of pace.

MSUDawg4Life
02-09-2015, 03:00 PM
Considering the way we sub players, "starting" is overrated in our program anyway. It's a technicality. The second string player could get half of the snaps.

I think Peters is going to play a lot whether he starts or not.

Coach34
02-09-2015, 03:06 PM

Thats my point. He won't be ready. He doesn't play against these types of offenses in smaller A Mississippi football. His talent will be held back by having to think more until his recognition level gets to where it needs to be. And on top of that- we all know our staff plays the older guys. No Peters in the starting line-up before Game 7

defiantdog
02-09-2015, 03:12 PM
Thats my point. He won't be ready. He doesn't play against these types of offenses in smaller A Mississippi football. His talent will be held back by having to think more until his recognition level gets to where it needs to be. And on top of that- we all know our staff plays the older guys. No Peters in the starting line-up before Game 7

Peters is better than a hurt Market and Coman right now, Not sure about Bryant, and I think I'm better than Evans. McLaurin may even see a lot of the field this year.

But coach34 is right. Peters may get the majority of the snaps but Evans and co will be awarded the starts. I hope I'm wrong.

msstate7
02-09-2015, 03:15 PM
Peters is better than a hurt Market and Coman right now, Not sure about Bryant, and I think I'm better than Evans. McLaurin may even see a lot of the field this year.

But coach34 is right. Peters may get the majority of the snaps but Evans and co will be awarded the starts. I hope I'm wrong.

Isn't Cleveland making the move? He just looks like he'd be a nice safety.

I'd also like to see jt gray get a look there this spring

Ifyouonlyknew
02-09-2015, 03:16 PM

Well that's a diff discussion altogether. If you don't think he'll start bc he won't be ready. Your 1st post didn't really clarify that stance.

Dawg61
02-09-2015, 03:22 PM
So did JaMarcus Russell

I can't knock the Raiders too hard for taking Russell. He was an absolute freak show of an athlete at LSU and he certainly looked like the deserved #1 pick in the bowl game vs Notre Dame where LSU destroyed them. Russell was a nightmare for us to handle too. He could of thrown for 12 touchdowns vs Croom and Toast if he wanted to. We could not tackle him and we could not stay with their WR's on any deep pass thrown. It was like there was no defense on the field for Russell vs us. He just got too rich too fast and started or kept on doing very stupid shit like drinking Purple Drank. He got fat and wasn't smart enough to run an NFL offense. Physically though he was a once every ten years athlete.

Political Hack
02-09-2015, 03:29 PM
Isn't Cleveland making the move? He just looks like he'd be a nice safety.

I'd also like to see jt gray get a look there this spring

yeah, he's moving to S... someone posted that the other day.

MSUDawg4Life
02-09-2015, 03:33 PM
I'd rather Cleveland stay at CB. Like him better there.

msstate7
02-09-2015, 03:40 PM
I'd rather Cleveland stay at CB. Like him better there.

Maybe this means the staff really like rayford. Haven't heard anything out of him.

If gray locks down slot and mixon, dear, and Thomas are good as advertised, I'd like to give graham and maybe even myles a look at cb

Ifyouonlyknew
02-09-2015, 03:46 PM
yeah, he's moving to S... someone posted that the other day.

Yes Cleveland is moving to safety this spring. Mainly due to #"s. Whether he stays there in the fall will depend on how the new guys do & how well Market progresses from injury.

Ifyouonlyknew
02-09-2015, 03:47 PM
Maybe this means the staff really like rayford. Haven't heard anything out of him.

If gray locks down slot and mixon, dear, and Thomas are good as advertised, I'd like to give graham and maybe even myles a look at cb

There's a chance Graham flips over to defense but Gabe is at WR to stay.

smootness
02-09-2015, 04:07 PM
The point about Russell is that QB is probably the position in which measurables matter the least.

JaMarcus Russell wasn't just not that good, he was atrocious. Cardale Jones is a big guy with a cannon, yes; that in no way makes him a great QB prospect by itself. I have no doubt he'll be drafted at least fairly high eventually, but there is no way in the world I would draft him over a guy like Mariota after 3 college games.

Homedawg
02-09-2015, 04:14 PM
The point about Russell is that QB is probably the position in which measurables matter the least.

JaMarcus Russell wasn't just not that good, he was atrocious. Cardale Jones is a big guy with a cannon, yes; that in no way makes him a great QB prospect by itself. I have no doubt he'll be drafted at least fairly high eventually, but there is no way in the world I would draft him over a guy like Mariota after 3 college games.

This^ lets be honest, there is a reason he was third team. And it's not because urban likes to lose.

ShotgunDawg
02-09-2015, 06:12 PM
Yes Cleveland is moving to safety this spring. Mainly due to #"s. Whether he stays there in the fall will depend on how the new guys do & how well Market progresses from injury.

For F$&*% sake, this really is the Danimal. You just posted that like it was your decision.

gravedigger
02-09-2015, 10:30 PM
If fans knew the truth about the way things are AFTER they get on campus, they might not be so quick to anoint players with the accolades.

Sometimes, the kids thAt are talented wind up being burdonsome beyond their "value".

gravedigger
02-09-2015, 10:34 PM
For F$&*% sake, this really is the Danimal. You just posted that like it was your decision.

Believe it or not, some are privy to info YOU are not.

Hard to fathom, i know. True, nontheless.

archdog
02-09-2015, 10:46 PM
If fans knew the truth about the way things are AFTER they get on campus, they might not be so quick to anoint players with the accolades.

Sometimes, the kids thAt are talented wind up being burdonsome beyond their "value".

AND sometimes they become the Flippin bad ass we all think they could be. I want a player that believes they are the best, works the hardest, and makes all the plays. Like the Honey Badger without the weed. I just want one player to be so valuable, there is never a reason to take him off the field on defense and special teams.

Dawg61
02-10-2015, 02:48 AM

I think people should be careful not to project someone else's results onto other players just because they have similar physical attributes. Bananas are yellow doesn't mean school buses taste like bananas.