PDA

View Full Version : At the half. #3 Virginia 24 #9 Louisville 13

Red Sox Dawg
02-07-2015, 07:50 PM
Nm

Coach34
02-07-2015, 07:52 PM
How in the hell could Louisville only score 13?????? They have one of basketball's best coaches....he must suck now

mic
02-07-2015, 07:53 PM
Fire Pitino ......

Raytoraid83
02-08-2015, 11:41 AM
Comparing Arkansas(247th in total scoring defense) to UVA hahahahahahahahahahah

BiscuitEater
02-08-2015, 12:50 PM
How in the hell could Louisville only score 13?????? They have one of basketball's best coaches....he must suck now

You missed the second half. You know ... the one where Pitino led Louisville made it a really close game and only lost by 5 against the #3 team in the nation at John Paul Jones Arena.

I have seen a couple of Virginia games this year and they know how to play both defense and offense.

They beat Ga Tech couple of weeks ago 57 - 28. Ga Tech scored 16 in the first half and 12 in the second.

CadaverDawg
02-08-2015, 02:36 PM
You missed the second half. You know ... the one where Pitino led Louisville made it a really close game and only lost by 5 against the #3 team in the nation at John Paul Jones Arena.

I have seen a couple of Virginia games this year and they know how to play both defense and offense.

They beat Ga Tech couple of weeks ago 57 - 28. Ga Tech scored 16 in the first half and 12 in the second.

Shhh, your facts don't fit the narrative.*

Coach34
02-08-2015, 03:07 PM

UPig has only allowed 1 team to shoot over 40% in its last 5- including holding SC to 28%...Fla shot 34% at home against them but shot 49% against Kentucky last night

They have held all 5 opponents to under 65 points

preachermatt83
02-08-2015, 03:46 PM
Shhh, your facts don't fit the narrative.*

+1 Facts don't matter when there is an agenda!

BeardoMSU
02-08-2015, 03:46 PM
UPig has only allowed 1 team to shoot over 40% in its last 5- including holding SC to 28%...Fla shot 34% at home against them but shot 49% against Kentucky last night

They have held all 5 opponents to under 65 points

Maybe because SEC basketball is dogshit....

preachermatt83
02-08-2015, 03:47 PM

THIS^^

preachermatt83
02-08-2015, 03:48 PM

let me add.... HA

Coach34
02-09-2015, 09:09 AM

Better tell Joe Lunardi- he has 6 SEC teams in the Dance right now...UPig as a 6 seed

DudyDawg
02-09-2015, 10:25 AM
Better tell Joe Lunardi- he has 6 SEC teams in the Dance right now...UPig as a 6 seed

Virginia is a 1 seed.

We had nine. Nine. At half. Less than a point every two minutes. Don't try to sugarcoat how bad that is.

tcdog70
02-09-2015, 10:37 AM
Louisville was only 9 points down at half. whereas we were down 21,

fishwater99
02-09-2015, 10:38 AM
Virginia is a 1 seed.

We had nine. Nine. At half. Less than a point every two minutes. Don't try to sugarcoat how bad that is.

We were 2-21 in the first half from the floor... That's just horrible...

Coach34
02-09-2015, 10:54 AM
Louisville was only 9 points down at half. whereas we were down 21,

So? They still only had 13 points at half.

Nobody is excusing it and saying it wasn't bad- but you drama queens need to get over it. Let's see how we do Tuesday

MadDawg
02-09-2015, 11:24 AM
This is a new thing for Coach34. I've never seen him look for so many ways to sugarcoat a poor outing. Almost as if he has an agenda or something.

Coach34
02-09-2015, 11:37 AM
No agenda- just supporting our coach until he proves he can't handle the job

godlluB
02-09-2015, 11:41 AM

In my opinion, this has already been sufficiently proven.

DudyDawg
02-09-2015, 11:42 AM

The losses early in the season didn't prove that (at least to a degree) to you? They did for me. And while I still go to the hump and support, I'm not going to downplay how bad those were, how bad 9 points in a half is. I'm quick to give him credit, but weve got to point out how bad some games are. The term embarrassed comes to mind.

bluelightstar
02-09-2015, 11:54 AM

Even I can see the irony here

codeDawg
02-09-2015, 12:10 PM

If he's handling "the job", I'm not sure I know what "the job" is. It's obviously not:

1. Finishing in the top quarter of a relatively weak conference
2. Compiling competitive systems of play and game plans
3. Being invited into and winning games in NCAA tournaments
4. Recruiting at a high level
5. Having our kids prepared to not embarrass MSU and her fans

That's a list of things that should be pretty high on "the job" description at MSU. Rick Ray hasn't proven that he can do any of those with consistency.

Coach34
02-09-2015, 12:21 PM
Our program was nuked- you don't rebuild that immediately. Look at SC and their coach that everybody was so jealous of when they hired him and we hired Ray. Bruce Pearl got his ass beat at home this year by Ray.

The SEC is not weak this year- again I repeat- SEC currently has 6 teams projected into the NCAA Tourney

Progress is being made. I'll be surprised if we don't win both games this week.

We don't have off the court issues and none of the players show our coaches blatant disrespect on the court or on social media

Recruiting is getting better- that's obvious.

tcdog70
02-09-2015, 12:31 PM
Recruiting is getting better- that's obvious.????

who that Ray has signed is any good? IJ Ready--a PG that can't bring the ball up when being pressed and can't throw it in from out of bounds. the only players that are worth a flip are Stansbury's signees.

codeDawg
02-09-2015, 12:32 PM
Our program was nuked- you don't rebuild that immediately. Look at SC and their coach that everybody was so jealous of when they hired him and we hired Ray. Bruce Pearl got his ass beat at home this year by Ray.

The SEC is not weak this year- again I repeat- SEC currently has 6 teams projected into the NCAA Tourney

Progress is being made. I'll be surprised if we don't win both games this week.

We don't have off the court issues and none of the players show our coaches blatant disrespect on the court or on social media

Recruiting is getting better- that's obvious.

The sooner everybody gives up on this hopeless endeavor, the faster we can move on. Ray isn't going to get it done. He may occasionally have a shimmer of competence, but that's quickly overshadowed by embarrassments like Saturday's first half. We're not paying this guy a million dollars a year to try really hard.

Maybe Strick just needs to run out some more of the buy out money, but as a fan, I'm out. Call me when you want to win.

Liverpooldawg
02-09-2015, 12:45 PM

Did you really type that? LOL.

Coach34
02-09-2015, 01:03 PM
Recruiting is getting better- that's obvious.????.

Ray has guys coming in rated higher than the ones Stands left

msstate7
02-09-2015, 01:11 PM

Top 100 guy this year -- weatherspoon
Top 100 guy next year -- simonds

DudyDawg
02-09-2015, 01:12 PM
You're right about the program being nuked (that's why year's one and two were a wash), and that we don't have the player issues we used to. But the SEC is still far from an elite conference. And it's pointless to argue about recruits, considering this will really be the first class that isn't being recruited to a complete disaster of a program and we don't know what those players will grow into. That being said, every time we take a step forward, we take two back. All those early losses were awful, then we beat two maybe tourney teams in lsu and UT, then we throw up 9 in a half. Every improvememt is met with an equal or worse implosion right now.

codeDawg
02-09-2015, 02:20 PM
If you want to, for whatever reason, muddle along with a guy that 5-7 years from now might turn into a coach that gets the results we want, that's your opinion. Going with a guy because he is making some progress every now and then is not a winning strategy. It's a waste of time. This guy's ceiling just isn't that high.

It's time to get everybody on the same page and dig deep.

tcdog70
02-09-2015, 03:16 PM

Shit that is what you said about Travis Daniels and the smurf Ready.

msstate7
02-09-2015, 03:20 PM

Ready's been a good player for us this year. I suppose if stansbury recruited him, you wouldn't feel the need to rip ready every chance you get

tcdog70
02-09-2015, 05:07 PM
Ready's been a good player for us this year. I suppose if stansbury recruited him, you wouldn't feel the need to rip ready every chance you get

If he was not any good, I wouldn't have any problems pointing out His inadequacies . If playing poor defense, not being able to inbound the ball, having trouble dribbling and breaking a press makes you a good player then we are ****ed. Shit man look at Stan's recruits on this team and look at Rays if you can't see the difference then you need to stick to baseball.

msstate7
02-09-2015, 05:31 PM
If he was not any good, I wouldn't have any problems pointing out His inadequacies . If playing poor defense, not being able to inbound the ball, having trouble dribbling and breaking a press makes you a good player then we are ****ed. Shit man look at Stan's recruits on this team and look at Rays if you can't see the difference then you need to stick to baseball.

I like ready, black, and Houston. I think those 3 will be above avg players before they leave. Zuppardo is hurt so who knows on him yet. Ray will get his first top 100 player this year in weatherspoon. Ray's '16 class is shaping up nicely with a top 100 player (simonds) and a really good player in hicks.

And yeah, stansbury's recruits are the best players we have now. We're gonna replace those 3 with even better players in simonds, weatherspoon, and hicks imo

Coach34
02-09-2015, 06:16 PM

Ready > Gray. Ya know- the guy you raised hell about Ray cutting loose? He has lost his starting job at LSU

chef dixon
02-09-2015, 06:47 PM
24 turnovers is just as pathetic as 9 points in a half. I was hoping that by year 3 Ray would stop putting up laughable statistical performances (the type that national sports media will even put on their ticker or twitter feed) but they are still happening.

Of course it was @ Arkansas which I don't expect us to win, but Ole Miss only beat them by 20 there a couple weeks ago and scored 80+.

Schultzy
02-09-2015, 06:48 PM
You're right about the program being nuked (that's why year's one and two were a wash), and that we don't have the player issues we used to. But the SEC is still far from an elite conference. And it's pointless to argue about recruits, considering this will really be the first class that isn't being recruited to a complete disaster of a program and we don't know what those players will grow into. That being said, every time we take a step forward, we take two back. All those early losses were awful, then we beat two maybe tourney teams in lsu and UT, then we throw up 9 in a half. Every improvememt is met with an equal or worse implosion right now.

The first half of your post is spot on. Multiple injuries caused the early season losses and the first half Saturday was bad but just a half of basketball. I can't believe we've won four conference games with this roster anyway.

The talent is starting to sign with us and Ray will make the field of 64 in much fewer years than Kennedy did. It's hard for people to get passed the pre-season excitement Stans promised every year, and I enjoyed it for a time too; but it became hard to get passed watching the team under achieve for the talent we had. The Butler game showed me what our previous coach's ceiling was.

I can't believe we've won four SEC games this year with the roster we have now, and Ray is starting to sign players we can get back to the tournament with so why ignore that fact.

People can bitch all they want to but it just shows they don't understand (or refuse to) how bad of shape we were left in. He will succeed and is going to be here a long time.

codeDawg
02-09-2015, 06:59 PM
Wow. Only 3 more years and we can have a roster that isn't complete shit.

I can't wait. This is very exciting.***

codeDawg
02-09-2015, 07:00 PM
The talent is starting to sign with us and Ray will make the field of 64 in much fewer years than Kennedy did.

If we start using AK as a measure of success, we should just pack it in.

Schultzy
02-09-2015, 07:03 PM
Wow. Only 3 more years and we can have a roster that isn't complete shit.

I can't wait. This is very exciting.***

Almost as exciting as sucking with elite talent.

Schultzy
02-09-2015, 07:07 PM

Point taken, but he did survive (scandals & all and is now making tournaments and is on the bubble regularly).

Similar to Ray's predecessor.

MSUDawg4Life
02-09-2015, 07:15 PM
Almost as exciting as sucking with elite talent.

Not to mention being totally embarrassed with elite talent.

Fighting in the stands. Losses to teams with lesser talent every year because we didn't practice simple stuff like zone defense. Players walking up and down the court. Basketball players WALKING down the court. Pisses me off to even think about it.

Coach34
02-09-2015, 07:19 PM

Seriously?

The difference in Stands last 7 years and Kennedy's 7 is one NCAA appearance due to winning the SEC Tourney in a down year and being a 13 seed that got the hell beat out of them by Washington

codeDawg
02-09-2015, 07:31 PM
Seriously?

The difference in Stands last 7 years and Kennedy's 7 is one NCAA appearance due to winning the SEC Tourney in a down year and being a 13 seed that got the hell beat out of them by Washington

I'm not arguing anything about Stansbury. We should be able to recruit as well or better than him AND actually coach basketball. AK is an embarrassment.

Until we start expecting more than "trying real hard" and "not embarrassing the school with off-court issues", we're going to suck.

tcdog70
02-09-2015, 07:37 PM
What's more embarrassing, making two baskets in a half or fighting in the stands?

Coach34
02-09-2015, 07:42 PM
I'm not arguing anything about Stansbury. We should be able to recruit as well or better than him AND actually coach basketball. AK is an embarrassment.

Until we start expecting more than "trying real hard" and "not embarrassing the school with off-court issues", we're going to suck.

I dont think we can expect to recruit better than Stands- except maybe character-wise- but I agree on the coaching aspect. But college basketball has changed alot in the last 20 years. It's hard to watch even good teams play now.

Ray, if he gets a couple more wins, earns another year imo. Next year- the expectations go up another notch. He needs to meet them. But he is getting another regardless.

Coach34
02-09-2015, 07:43 PM
What's more embarrassing, making two baskets in a half or fighting in the stands?

Fighting in the stands- not even close

codeDawg
02-09-2015, 07:55 PM

Can't they both be completely unacceptable? Stricklin took a bad situation and made it worse. He should accept that the situation was handled poorly and move on.

msstate7
02-09-2015, 08:04 PM
Can't they both be completely unacceptable? Stricklin took a bad situation and made it worse. He should accept that the situation was handled poorly and move on.

When would you have SS fire ray? Now? Would it be more appropriate to let the year play out before our AD made a decision?

DudyDawg
02-09-2015, 08:07 PM

Not a contest.

Coach34
02-09-2015, 08:07 PM

Year 1 was a throw away. In the eyes of the Admin- this is Ray's 2nd year. He's gonna be back. There is no moving on

drunkernhelldawg
02-09-2015, 08:14 PM
Y'all back at it again. Love for the ugly.

codeDawg
02-09-2015, 09:32 PM
Year 1 was a throw away. In the eyes of the Admin- this is Ray's 2nd year. He's gonna be back. There is no moving on

I think I understand your view of his opinion. I just happen to disagree with that opinion, and think he needs to put on his big girl panties and find a way to get a real coach in here even if he has to eat a little crow. He's the boss and will do what he wants, but I don't have to like it, support it, or watch it.

codeDawg
02-09-2015, 09:35 PM
When would you have SS fire ray? Now? Would it be more appropriate to let the year play out before our AD made a decision?

Obviously he should wait until the end of the season, but I would suggest we starting aligning those things that need to be aligned.

msstate7
02-09-2015, 09:37 PM
I don't have to like it, support it, or watch it.

So you don't like our basketball team, support our team, or watch our team, yet you're here complaining about it?

codeDawg
02-09-2015, 09:56 PM
So you don't like our basketball team, support our team, or watch our team, yet you're here complaining about it?

I didn't say that. I don't like the decisions that have put our basketball team where it is, and the decisions that will lead us down a path where we screw around and say "awe sucks, RR sure has had a big mess to clean up" every time we get our nose rubbed in it on the court.

I would absolutely LOVE to be wrong about all of this. I want to be excited about our basketball team, but it's hard to do that when you don't have faith in the people leading it.

Liverpooldawg
02-09-2015, 10:15 PM
Fighting in the stands- not even close

Making 2 baskets in a half, and it's not even close.