PDA

View Full Version : Who did Fowler piss off to get removed from Gameday?

Coach34
02-07-2015, 11:49 AM
I'm not very happy about this. I'm just starting to get over Ron Franklin not calling games anymore- now this?

War Machine Dawg
02-07-2015, 11:54 AM
Eh, I'm ok with it. Fowler is good, but I think Rece Davis could be an improvement. But if I were replacing anyone on Gameday, it would be that clown Desmond Howard. He's awful. You'd think ESPN could at least hire someone who speaks English as the affirmative action member.

missouridawg
02-07-2015, 11:56 AM
Fowler was great and I like him much more than Davis, but Fowler has stated that he wanted to focus more on play by play.... And has been moved to calling the prime time ABC game with Herbstreit.

Now, why couldn't Fowler and Herby both do gameday and the game? I'm not sure.... but Fowler was great on Gameday.

War Machine Dawg
02-07-2015, 12:00 PM
Fowler was great and I like him much more than Davis, but Fowler has stated that he wanted to focus more on play by play.... And has been moved to calling the prime time ABC game with Herbstreit.

Now, why couldn't Fowler and Herby both do gameday and the game? I'm not sure.... but Fowler was great on Gameday.

Wasn't there also some talk of him moving over to CBS and taking over for Verne? Totally forgot to mention that in my post above.

TheRef
02-07-2015, 12:02 PM
Yeah Fowler decided last year that he wanted to focus more on PxP. They pretty much let him have this season as a last hoorah, and decided to bring up a very good talent in Davis. For all intents and purposes, this isn't much of a change. Rece is upgrading to CGD after dealing with Mark and Lou all season (the horror). I think he'll do great, and we won't see a drop off in production at all.

SapperDawg
02-07-2015, 12:20 PM
I also think Davis' contract was up and this was part if the deal to retain him.

Coach34
02-07-2015, 12:35 PM
Rece is great- no problems with him. Just hate to see Fowler go

TUSK
02-07-2015, 12:37 PM
I'm not very happy about this. I'm just starting to get over Ron Franklin not calling games anymore- now this?

They shoulda burned Jeannine Edwards at the stake for interrupting Ron "Sweet Baby" Franklin instead of firing him...

War Machine Dawg
02-07-2015, 12:41 PM
They shoulda burned Jeannine Edwards at the stake for interrupting Ron "Sweet Baby" Franklin instead of firing him...

They should get rid of that cow Holly Rowe while they're at it. She's the one who got him relegated to the midweek SWAC games.

Coach34
02-07-2015, 12:42 PM
Franklin and Gottfried even after his stroke would be better than almost anybody out there right now. Vern and Gary stole money for the crap they did each week

TUSK
02-07-2015, 12:47 PM
Holly "Sweetheart" Rowe reminds me of Miss Piggy.

would someone good at picture posting show a side by side comparison???

War Machine Dawg
02-07-2015, 01:05 PM
Holly "Sweetheart" Rowe reminds me of Miss Piggy.

would someone good at picture posting show a side by side comparison???

Ask and ye shall receive. And might I add NSFW:

http://i.imgur.com/rZWzM3O.jpg http://i.imgur.com/NwRVLLP.jpg

TUSK
02-07-2015, 01:26 PM
Ask and ye shall receive. And might I add NSFW:

http://i.imgur.com/rZWzM3O.jpg http://i.imgur.com/NwRVLLP.jpg

you made my day, WMD.... thanks, buddy!

scottycameron
02-07-2015, 01:33 PM
I hope this is not the beginning of the end. It has to start somewhere/sometime, I just hope it's not right now. It eventually will go to the model of the NFL, huge group of grabassers and appealing to the lowest common denominator. I'm just hoping for some time.

bluelightstar
02-07-2015, 01:48 PM
A good explanation: http://awfulannouncing.com/2015/rece-davis-officially-signs-new-contract-espn-2021.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=rece-davis-officially-signs-new-contract-espn-2021

Howboutdemdogs
02-07-2015, 03:19 PM
Vern's time has past. And Gary is just plain stupid. They need to be voted off the island.

War Machine Dawg
02-07-2015, 03:29 PM
Vern's time has past. And Gary is just plain stupid. They need to be voted off the island.

You would think at some point CBS would get embarrassed at how bad they are. Everywhere you look it's a running joke about how bad the CBS broadcast is because of them and their incessant fellatio of all things Bama. Most of the greats had the good sense to know when to retire, like Keith Jackson and John Madden. Verne doesn't and needs to be told he's done. He's stopped being funny and makes up for it by being so blind he can't follow the action. CBS, please: Stop the insanity. Find a new "A" CFB broadcast team. America will thank you.

ScottH
02-07-2015, 03:56 PM
At a 35MM new contract Fowler got paid last year.

rrog17
02-07-2015, 04:59 PM
Cordova is the one who needs to go! He can barely string together a complete sentence these days. I like the guy, but his time is up!

rrog17
02-07-2015, 05:05 PM
Corso...

Coach34
02-07-2015, 05:27 PM
I think this last year was Vern's last season wasnt it?

rrog17
02-07-2015, 05:59 PM
I believe I read that. Who replaces him?

Political Hack
02-08-2015, 08:35 AM
most people won't even notice they changed to Reece.