PDA

View Full Version : Big News on Lifetime Seats in Stricklin Interview

MaroonStateofMind
02-06-2015, 07:13 PM
Scott made some news today in our interview on baseball. I'm certain it'll light a fire on the lifetime seats.

http://maroonstateofmind.com/2015/02/06/scott-speaks-on-msu-baseball/

Liverpooldawg
02-06-2015, 07:26 PM
That is a big surprise after what they did to the equivalent folks at the Hump. They are getting some permanent consideration at least. I figured they would just boot them after a few years like they did at the Hump. Of course since every seat appears to be a chairback that may not mean much. The baseball folks, unlike the old guard at the Hump, have that promise in writing I believe. Lifetime SHOULD mean lifetime. This will get interesting. I don't have baseball tickets, nor do I want them. I don't have a dog in this hunt.

engie
02-06-2015, 07:41 PM
Lifetime can be written as stadium/structure lifetime.

If it wasn't legal, we wouldn't be doing it. And this is NOTHING like the hump reseating.

Todd4State
02-06-2015, 07:42 PM
Not a bad compromise.

Coach34
02-06-2015, 08:02 PM
anything lifetime is bullshit imo

messageboardsuperhero
02-06-2015, 08:17 PM
For the life of me, I'll never understand what all the complaining is about this. Yes, people were promised their seats for life in the OLD facility after making a one time donation for the OLD facility. Now the university is building a new facility, therefore what makes anyone feel obligated to sit wherever they want in the new facility? Their lifetime seats were for the old stadium, not the new one- and that agreement has been upheld for almost 30 years and will continue to be upheld while we're still playing at old DNF.

Here's the newsflash- Stricklin doesn't HAVE to give the lifetimes discounted seats for the new stadium. He's doing that as a sign of good faith and trying to extend an olive branch. Why anyone thinks the university owes them something in the new stadium because of an agreement the pertained to the old stadium is beyond me. The lifetime agreement has nothing to do with the new stadium.

bulldogcountry1
02-06-2015, 11:47 PM
Let me start by saying I've been on the waiting list for 3 years now. I've been lucky enough to have a friend that sells me two of his father's lifetime seats every year because he just isn't able to go anymore. We drive 3 hours to attend nearly every home series. We see entire rows that are completely empty for most of the season. If you go to enough games, you get familiar with the regulars, and they occupy less than 1/3rd of the chairback area.

I've heard the gripes of several of the lifetime people, and while I appreciate their contribution to the program, it was three decades ago. Whatever they invested, they got their money's worth, and all good things must come to an end. Now, I think it's fair to offer these people some sort of seat selection privilege, but I don't think there should be be any deep discount for them. If they were so willing to support he program back then, they should be willing to do so now.

I also think they should be monitoring who is coming and who isn't and take that into future consideration.

smootness
02-07-2015, 12:47 AM
For the life of me, I'll never understand what all the complaining is about this. Yes, people were promised their seats for life in the OLD facility after making a one time donation for the OLD facility. Now the university is building a new facility, therefore what makes anyone feel obligated to sit wherever they want in the new facility? Their lifetime seats were for the old stadium, not the new one- and that agreement has been upheld for almost 30 years and will continue to be upheld while we're still playing at old DNF.

Here's the newsflash- Stricklin doesn't HAVE to give the lifetimes discounted seats for the new stadium. He's doing that as a sign of good faith and trying to extend an olive branch. Why anyone thinks the university owes them something in the new stadium because of an agreement the pertained to the old stadium is beyond me. The lifetime agreement has nothing to do with the new stadium.

Exactly. The people who helped build Dudy Noble should be thanked profusely and rewarded. They helped keep the program among the tops in college baseball. And they have been seriously rewarded for close to 30 years.

There are a lot of people who have literally not ever even had the chance to get the same advantages. I don't see the problem in giving them that chance while still rewarding the lifetimers.

Would some people really rather have lesser facilities and thus a lesser program just so they can keep sitting in the same place because of something they did 30 years ago?

Part of me wishes Stricklin would say, 'Here are two stadium renderings. This is the one we get if you guys pay again, this lesser one is what we get if you don't.'

Perpetual Underachiever
02-07-2015, 01:52 AM
I have never commented on this topic before, but it is one that I am passionate about. First, THANK YOU to the lifetime donors that made "The Dude" happen. Second, you same lifetime donors that never attend nor do you attempt to give away/sell you tickets, shut the F up! While I am grateful for your donation, I am bitter at your lack of support for the program.

The plan that Scott has proposed is more than fair. The plan honors those that got us to where we are without being fiscally irresponsible. My pockets are not deep, but after seeing the renderings and watching the announcement of the new stadium I immediately dug deeper. If you are a "lifetime" seat holder, and upon watching the new stadium announcement video immediately thought "well I'm not paying shit because I've got a lifetime seat" YOU ARE NOT A BULLDOG. I don't think there are many of these, but there are a few.

In summary, the reduced prices for the original lifetime ticket holders is the best, and only option. I challenge each of you to up your donation by 10% so we can get the wheels rolling on the Best F'ing Baseball venue in the country. Think about how much you're saving with these low gas prices and contribute some of that savings to the best damn baseball program in the country!

engie
02-07-2015, 07:33 AM
The original lifetime seats were $1000, $500, and $250. Granted there has been a ton of inflation over time -- but it's less than people pay to sit in equivalent seats in Alex Box PER SEASON. How do people expect us to remain among the elites in the sport when that fact is true? We brought in less than 1/3 the baseball revenue last year that LSU did -- and last year is about as good as we can realistically hope for in the current structure.

Stricklin's plan is as fair as it can possibly be. Allow every lifetime seat holder the rights to first selection in the new stadium and giving them a discounted yearly seating license rate compared to everyone else. People that are upset they can't keep sitting in their home plate seats for $210/yr into their 4th decade when they come at best 2 weekends a year need to ask themselves if they are REALLY fans of msu or not. The beauty of the new stadium is there's something for everyone -- and those people will get to pay close to the same price, but they'll be in good 1st or 3b chairbacks. The ones that won't reinvest at this juncture off those renderings will be doing everyone a favor by being out...

Homedawg
02-07-2015, 08:58 AM
ive seen the pricing on the new stadium. At least what is proposed at this point And going out in March, it's fair for the permanent seat holders. Quite honestly, both the current and new holders will be getting seats cheaper than what I thought they would be. It's going to be 10 year agreements. Anticipated construction timeline, 18 months from start to finish.

codeDawg
02-07-2015, 09:09 AM
Lifetime can be written as stadium/structure lifetime.

If it wasn't legal, we wouldn't be doing it. And this is NOTHING like the hump reseating.

I think this is going to be the point that will be driven home if it comes to it. Strick is trying to work with people that have been loyal fans for a long, long time, but I would guess this is a lifetime of the structure agreement.

It's the same thing as a lifetime warranty. It covers the life of the product, not the purchaser.

codeDawg
02-07-2015, 09:23 AM
The original lifetime seats were $1000, $500, and $250. Granted there has been a ton of inflation over time

Inflation over that period is about double. So, people are complaining about 30 years of an investment of $2K, $1K, or $500 in today's dollars. Maybe those that don't want the new agreement should just get a refund...

Aces High
02-07-2015, 10:54 AM
ive seen the pricing on the new stadium. At least what is proposed at this point And going out in March, it's fair for the permanent seat holders. Quite honestly, both the current and new holders will be getting seats cheaper than what I thought they would be. It's going to be 10 year agreements. Anticipated construction timeline, 18 months from start to finish.

Ive seen it to.

My reaction as a life timer was..."really? This cheap? That is a lot of money being left on the table"

I semi understand the Hump but not dnf. It is a completely new stadium. Any life timer bitching is a piece of shit imo. Reminds me of someone who hates govt programs but would never bite the bullet on SS bc they "paid in" and that is fair. Yeah? What is fair for the people 30 years younger who paid in and will get zero benefit?

messageboardsuperhero
02-07-2015, 11:43 AM
People still complaining about this are few and far between. I really haven't seen or heard of it being a big issue since the renderings were released, outside of a couple of people. Frankly, the transition has been much smoother than I thought it would, although I only have an outside observers perspective and am not aware of any complaining going on behind the scenes to the AD.

And if what y'all are saying is true about the prices, those people should be thanking Stricklin instead of bitching. He may owe the lifetimers their seats in the current facility, but he doesn't owe them shit when the new one gets built- everything he's doing is to try and keep them happy and be as fair as possible.

Homedawg
02-07-2015, 12:21 PM
The prices are cheap for all parties if you ask me. The "old" seat holders are getting a discount but all are getting a bargain. Of course, that won't prevent the bitching from some.