PDA

View Full Version : Sean Patterson no longer on the staff at LSU , expected to join Bearshark staff

RIdog
02-06-2015, 04:02 PM
Per 24/7 . Older brother of consensus #1 QB for 2016 Shea Patterson , gotta give 'em credit they pull out all the stops .

msstate7
02-06-2015, 04:06 PM
What position on staff?

cheewgumm
02-06-2015, 04:07 PM
Restroom coordinator

RIdog
02-06-2015, 04:09 PM
What position on staff?

Doesn't say , probably one that entails making deposits into his bank account . :)

msstate7
02-06-2015, 04:09 PM
Restroom coordinator

If it is an off field position, I think it's good move. If its on field position, I question the move. You only get so many and those coaches are important.

TaylorMSDawg
02-06-2015, 04:10 PM
Their LB coach left to be USF defensive coordinator and Freeze filled that with Batoon, who had been with him since Arky State but was an admin. So vacant admin job is Patterson's.

msstate7
02-06-2015, 04:12 PM
Their LB coach left to be USF defensive coordinator and Freeze filled that with Batoon, who had been with him since Arky State but was an admin. So vacant admin job is Patterson's.

I don't think its a bad move then. This most likely locks Patterson to OM

cheewgumm
02-06-2015, 04:13 PM
It's a GREAT move. Brilliant, in fact. Transparent, but brilliant.

msstate7
02-06-2015, 04:15 PM

Sean Patterson then either gets his brother to OM or he's fired.

cheewgumm
02-06-2015, 04:17 PM
We just need to spread the word that Ole Miss no longer cares about Mississippi recruits. Do that and we are good long term. And its the truth.

EAVdog
02-06-2015, 04:24 PM
Will be funny if he ends up at LSU and Ole Miss is out some salary money. I guess it's better than getting one of his family members a job at CMMC.

Lumpy Chucklelips
02-06-2015, 04:25 PM
Doesn't LSU need a QB? Did this guy just move to La. in the last year or what? If this guy grew up in La. and Miles doesn't get him, he's probably good as gone.

msstate7
02-06-2015, 04:29 PM
Doesn't LSU need a QB? Did this guy just move to La. in the last year or what? If this guy grew up in La. and Miles doesn't get him, he's probably good as gone.

They have a 4* from florida committed

sandwolf
02-06-2015, 04:33 PM

Yep, I agree.

cheewgumm
02-06-2015, 04:36 PM
WE need to offer that guy a job and more money. Get a bidding war going. Even if we lose, we drive up his price.

M.Fillmore
02-06-2015, 04:39 PM
It is a stupid move on the kid's part. If he is really good he need to tell older brother, "this is about my future, not getting you a salary increase for four years." Bucky can't develop QBs.

Typical Bucky. Divide a family, screw up a kid's future...and do with love.

smootness
02-06-2015, 04:45 PM
It's not a bad move, but there are a couple of questions that would make me a little uneasy if I was an Ole Miss fan.

First, did they promote Batoon simply because they wanted an open admin job for his brother and Freeze didn't want to just fire Batoon? If so, that's going to hurt having a guy who isn't good enough as an actual coach, and it's just not a good way to go about business in college football - making important staff decisions based on a recruit.

Second, this brother has moved around a lot recently. He was at Arizona (where his brother initially committed), then went to LSU less than a year ago, and now is going to Ole Miss. What is going to stop another school from hiring him away before signing day, especially if it's an on-field job? If somebody else wants Shea badly enough, it seems like an easy move to make. Then you're left with nothing.

Third, obviously the kid has great talent. However, from what I've heard, it's a Manziel-type family, meaning it's very possibly this is an entitled kid looking to come in and have things handed to him. Just not a slam-dunk recruit to me to begin with.

dawgpound
02-06-2015, 04:53 PM
I dont like this one bit... I heard Ole Missus was leading for him but thought LSU would keep him in state since they had his brother but now it seems like he will no doubt end up in Oxford

msstate7
02-06-2015, 04:58 PM
I dont like this one bit... I heard Ole Missus was leading for him but thought LSU would keep him in state since they had his brother but now it seems like he will no doubt end up in Oxford

I wouldn't wrap it up just yet.

As smoot said someone else may offer his brother a job. If I was a team like indiana, Colorado, Kansas, etc, I'd offer his brother qb coach job. If your those programs, what do you have to lose? A big time qb could turn your program around

chelseablues11
02-06-2015, 04:58 PM
We just need to spread the word that Ole Miss no longer cares about Mississippi recruits. Do that and we are good long term. And its the truth.

Except for the fact that OM currently has 6 top recruits from the state of MS for 2016

I seen it dawg
02-06-2015, 05:00 PM
Patterson (qb) not to OM

GreenheadDawg
Except for the fact that OM currently has 6 top recruits from the state of MS for 2016

Welcome! now ban him. Ya'll also thought you had Lewis too huh?

I seen it dawg

Yeah they had a lot of guys committed for 15 and see how that worked out.

Bothrops
02-06-2015, 05:17 PM
Ole Miss will $pend more time and effort working on the 2016 recruiting class than anything they've ever done in the history of OM athletics. They are desperate to regain any credibility that's been lost in the recruiting ranks and this is priority #1.

As long as they continue on this crusade, I won't be concerned with what they do in the recruiting ranks. The results on the field won't get any better and problems off the field will increase. Their plan for success is flawed.

cheewgumm
02-06-2015, 05:37 PM

They don't have any of them yet.

HancockCountyDog
02-06-2015, 05:48 PM
This has been known for weeks - its a done deal. I thought it was common knowledge.

LSU already has one top QB committed, and will probably land another in the next few weeks and that will be it. Patterson is really good, but he isn't Cam Newton or Mariotta. He is a damn good QB, but Im not certain he fits the bears offense.

We will probably land Nero Nelson in the next few weeks and the battle will be on for Nigel Knott and Jeffery Simmons. Both will be battles. Next year is a ridiculously loaded class on paper.

Percho
02-06-2015, 05:51 PM
What does SDS think about it?

chef dixon
02-06-2015, 05:54 PM
This has been known for weeks - its a done deal. I thought it was common knowledge.

LSU already has one top QB committed, and will probably land another in the next few weeks and that will be it. Patterson is really good, but he isn't Cam Newton or Mariotta. He is a damn good QB, but Im not certain he fits the bears offense.

We will probably land Nero Nelson in the next few weeks and the battle will be on for Nigel Knott and Jeffery Simmons. Both will be battles. Next year is a ridiculously loaded class on paper.

I thought that was supposed to be this year.

AlSwearengen
02-06-2015, 06:07 PM
this guy is a pro style qb so alot of people were saying bama. That said, they will likely hand over the deed to oxford plus some to this kid. And if the family is manzellesque, olemiss will look like paradise to them.

yjnkdawg
02-06-2015, 06:12 PM
Does his younger brother know that Freeze recruits JuCo quarterbacks. Apparently Freeze doesn't have confidence in high school quarterbacks or maybe it is because OM can't develop them.

Dawgcentral
02-06-2015, 06:12 PM
How long has it been since OM recruited and signed freshman out of HS and had him develop into a consistent starting QB? M. Spurlock was the last one right? Before that it was Manning, brought along by Cutcliff.

Seems to me that if MGK flops next years either on or off the field, this kid is going to have second or third thoughts about attending TSUN, no matter what agenda his brother has for a paycheck.

If I was a HS QB considering TSUN, I'd have to look at the fact that Hobby Lobby can't even get an invite to an NFL combine right now.

yjnkdawg
02-06-2015, 06:17 PM

Commits (as in has) and Signees (as in on the team) are two different stories. I think yall (OM) found that out.

yjnkdawg
02-06-2015, 06:25 PM

An LSU recruiting analyst said that he knew no reason that LSU needed Patterson, with the top rated dual threat quarterback, they had committed now. This was on Bo Bounds when Bo mentioned about Patterson to OM or LSU.

defiantdog
02-06-2015, 06:53 PM
I don't think LSU is just gonna let this kid go to OM.

yjnkdawg
02-06-2015, 06:57 PM
I don't think LSU is just gonna let this kid go to OM.

Hopefully Coach O agrees with your statement.

msstate7
02-06-2015, 07:04 PM
An LSU recruiting analyst said that he knew no reason that LSU needed Patterson, with the top rated dual threat quarterback, they had committed now. This was on Bo Bounds when Bo mentioned about Patterson to OM or LSU.

Maybe just to keep another sec west team from getting him

SDDawg
02-06-2015, 07:46 PM
Not a chance on God's green Earth that they sign Patterson. ZERO!

As for the "top 6 recruits for 2016" guy, that's not going to hold. MSU breaks through on at least 2 of those.

Churchill
02-06-2015, 08:12 PM
He was an Arizona commit until LSU hired his brother away from them. This situation may really have a stench to it before it`s over.

scottycameron
02-07-2015, 01:00 PM
this guy is a pro style qb so alot of people were saying bama. That said, they will likely hand over the deed to oxford plus some to this kid. And if the family is manzellesque, olemiss will look like paradise to them.

Why would a pro style QB want to go to Bama? Do they want to work for the SEC Network, or something?