PDA

View Full Version : Recruiting Secrets

DawgFromOxford
02-06-2015, 11:00 AM
I could be wrong, but I think I remember Yancy saying how after Freeze's last visit with Leo that he was going to give us the inside scoop as to what went on that visit or what makes Freeze such a great recruiter. Does anybody know if anything like that was ever written? I would love to see what it says now :cool:

dickiedawg
02-06-2015, 11:03 AM
I was wondering that, too. Seems like he said everyone would be blown away when it came out what really happened on that visit, and Freeze was really cementing his status as an ELITE recruiter.

I expected to hear about some real next-level tactics.

dickiedawg
02-06-2015, 11:11 AM
I think that joke is in poor taste.

jumbo
02-06-2015, 11:25 AM
Freeze got special permission from the governor to visit Leo's dad in jail

DawgHouseUnited
02-06-2015, 11:26 AM
The secrets were revealed in LL's picture of missed calls- it's called the Psycho-Ex-Girlfriend 'crootin method**

RIdog
02-06-2015, 11:49 AM

This is a fact , have a friend in guv's office that told me . :)

Westdawg
02-06-2015, 11:56 AM
This is a fact , have a friend in guv's office that told me . :)

wait, seriously?? you left off the asterisks if not........

Bully13
02-06-2015, 12:00 PM
Bump...spill it bout the gov

Outside Dawg
02-06-2015, 12:03 PM
Every year, post signing day, there is a thread about crazy details that can now be said now that its over....Let's here some of these..starting with the Gov.

jumbo
02-06-2015, 12:03 PM
I don't know any more...that's just what Yancy told his flock

smootness
02-06-2015, 12:27 PM
So the thing that was supposed to make him an elite recruiter is apparently the thing that blew up in his face?

If I was on his staff and he came up with that idea, I would just ask, 'Uh...why?' Visiting a father in prison that close to signing day isn't something that immediately sounds like a good idea. First, what kind of positive impact could it possibly have? Second, it's the kind of thing that at first glance seems like it could have the opposite effect; it just comes across as kind of creepy and desperate. If my father was in prison, and this close to signing day I heard that a coach went to visit him, without telling me about it first or asking about it, I would definitely be put off.

msstate7
02-06-2015, 12:42 PM
So the thing that was supposed to make him an elite recruiter is apparently the thing that blew up in his face?

If I was on his staff and he came up with that idea, I would just ask, 'Uh...why?' Visiting a father in prison that close to signing day isn't something that immediately sounds like a good idea. First, what kind of positive impact could it possibly have? Second, it's the kind of thing that at first glance seems like it could have the opposite effect; it just comes across as kind of creepy and desperate. If my father was in prison, and this close to signing day I heard that a coach went to visit him, without telling me about it first or asking about it, I would definitely be put off.

Seems you're a lot like leo

hailmari
02-06-2015, 01:03 PM

Yep, and apparently Leo wasn't cool with that.

ScottH
02-06-2015, 01:10 PM
@yancyporter

He might need tweeting.

Lumpy Chucklelips
02-06-2015, 01:20 PM
I know a lot of folks on here don't like Steve, but ya'll need to listen to his boneyard on Bulldog Sports Radio this morning. He lays it on pretty thick on Freeze.

Dawg496
02-06-2015, 01:27 PM
I know a lot of folks on here don't like Steve, but ya'll need to listen to his boneyard on Bulldog Sports Radio this morning. He lays it on pretty thick on Freeze.

Cliffs notes for those of us unable to listen?

Dawgology
02-06-2015, 01:36 PM

That sank the tSun titanic. And now the boat is still flooding.

Dawgology
02-06-2015, 01:41 PM
Yep, and apparently Leo wasn't cool with that.

I indicated Wednesday that they were up to no good and playing in a grey area at best. Agencies that don't play around have noticed this. NCAA be damned

sandwolf
02-06-2015, 01:46 PM
I indicated Wednesday that they were up to no good and playing in a grey area at best. Agencies that don't play around have noticed this. NCAA be damned

Noticed what? Is there something illegal about Freeze visiting LL's dad?

Pokerdawg44
02-06-2015, 01:51 PM
Couldn't find yancys explanation. There was even one thread asking for it and yancy never even replied. He seems a little out of the loop this year compared to recent years. But I did find something about Leo going to juco rumor. Yancy says Leo will qualify bc om put him on "the plan" and that if he had gone to lsu he still wouldn't had qualified. Also said msu spent too much time and money on Leo for him not to qualify. Heres the thread............

RebVet
Leo Lewis to Jr. College
10:05 AM
Guys... Have any of you heard that Leo Lewis is going to have to go to Jr. College because of his grades??? I was told this was true, but wanted to know if any of you have heard this rumor? I don't care what he does, we have a great team signed, but I was just curious. REBVET...

ElKabongtheReb
Re: Leo Lewis to Jr. College
10:07 AM
Oh yeah, the reason he went to state was because they are the only ones to tell him they could get him qualified.

yancyporter
10:09 AM
Don't know if you are being facetious or not but Leo was put on the plan by Ole Miss this past summer.

When he suits up next year for MSU you can thank Ole Misswink

ElKabongtheReb wrote: Oh yeah, the reason he went to state was because they are the only ones to tell him they could get him qualified.
Mississippi Scout

RebVet
10:13 AM
No. Several of my Reb buddies were asking me if I had heard this about Leo. I was just checking with other Rebs if they had heard anything. REBVET...

yancyporter
10:15 AM
Yes, he did double sign with MSU and Co-Linn but that doesn't mean he is projected to not qualify. That just means the prospect has some insurance if he doesn't qualify.

Leo does have a ways to go to qualify, and probably would not have qualified if he inked with LSU, but I would be shocked if he didn't qualify for State. They invested way too much time and money to let him go off to a junior college.
RebVet wrote: No. Several of my Reb buddies were asking me if I had heard this about Leo. I was just checking with other Rebs if they had heard anything. REBVET...
Mississippi Scout

RiverRebel
How can state get him eligible, but LSU....
10:26 AM
can't? I don't get it. Aren't these standards set by the ncaa?

yancyporter
Re: How can state get him eligible, but LSU....
10:36 AM
Schools and administrators will usually go the extra mile to get a kid eligible for an in state college but not out of state.
RiverRebel wrote: can't? I don't get it. Aren't these standards set by the ncaa?
Mississippi Scout

RIdog
02-06-2015, 01:59 PM

Leo was well aware of the visit as he was WITH Hugh on the visit . :)

thf24
02-06-2015, 02:02 PM
Noticed what? Is there something illegal about Freeze visiting LL's dad?

Probably not, but if the part about trying to get him out early in exchange for Leo's signature is true, and someone can prove it, they could be in some seriously deep shit. That's practically mob level stuff.

DawgFromOxford
02-06-2015, 02:12 PM
Probably not, but if the part about trying to get him out early in exchange for Leo's signature is true, and someone can prove it, they could be in some seriously deep shit. That's practically mob level stuff.

What??? There's no way that there can be any truth to that. That would be crazy.

solodawg
02-06-2015, 02:34 PM
What??? There's no way that there can be any truth to that. That would be crazy.

Dude, where have you been the last few years. That kind of stuff happens more often than you think. Our former Gov. pardoned 200 felons so it wouldn't be that hard. Where do you think these Circuit Judges and District Attorneys went to law school? I'm sure none of them are football fans though.*** I would hope OM wouldn't do something like this and, I know nothing when it comes to his recruitment but it is not that far fetched.

IMissJack
02-06-2015, 02:41 PM
Dude, where have you been the last few years. That kind of stuff happens more often than you think. Our former Gov. pardoned 200 felons so it wouldn't be that hard. Where do you think these Circuit Judges and District Attorneys went to law school? I'm sure none of them are football fans though.*** I would hope OM wouldn't do something like this and, I know nothing when it comes to his recruitment but it is not that far fetched.

Quite a few attorneys go to State before law school too...

DawgPoundRock
02-06-2015, 03:31 PM

Did Freeze steal the plot for He Got Game lol