PDA

View Full Version : Richard Cross and Paul Jones yesterday

AlSwearengen
02-06-2015, 08:51 AM
I was in the truck just long enough to hear Paul Jones' interview and he mainly talked about Leo and how our coaches felt they could trust what he was telling them and inferred that he was trustworthy. Richard sounded a little taken back and responded with "well, what about what he was telling the olemiss coaches?" or something to that effect. He was definitely butthurt and was trying to say that Leo wasn't trustworthy without saying it. Did anyone listen past that? I was hoping that a fan was going to call in and remind richard about merry flipmas, coolio, and several others. There was a d end from mobile a few years ago that blindsided our coaches and chose olemiss. Damn, Fredo is a whiny bitch.

I seen it dawg
02-06-2015, 09:00 AM
**** them

Thick
02-06-2015, 09:15 AM
Paul should have said "well the leader of your defense this up coming season, (per Freeze) did the same thing to MSU. His name is CJ Johnson. Turn about is fair play....Dick!"

DanDority
02-06-2015, 10:04 AM
**** them

Yes, **** Them!

DawgHouseUnited
02-06-2015, 10:06 AM
Damn, Fredo is a whiny bitch.

'Nuff said...

maroonmania
02-06-2015, 10:13 AM
Paul should have said "well the leader of your defense this up coming season, (per Freeze) did the same thing to MSU. His name is CJ Johnson. Turn about is fair play....Dick!"

Exactly, Leo grew up an MSU fan and was MSU pretty much all the way (at least from the time he decommitted from AL). NOBODY can make me believe he went through the charade with OM for any other reason other than to stick it back in their face for Tee, CJ, Koolio, Rawlings, Brassell, Whitehead etc. etc. I would have to assume it was likely Leo's idea but I'm sure Dan was more than willing to let him play it out the way he did.

smootness
02-06-2015, 10:27 AM
Just because our coaches felt like they could trust Leo doesn't mean Ole Miss' coaches could or should have felt the same way.

There's a pretty good chance Lewis was up-front and trustworthy with our staff but not with theirs. It's a lot easier to be truthful with the coaches you actually want to play for.

cheewgumm
02-06-2015, 10:34 AM
Is this a real discussion? Matt should have laughed him off the set.

He's complaining about someone not being forthright in recruiting!?!??

Say that out loud.

MetEdDawg
02-06-2015, 10:51 AM

Say that out loud.

I agree. This is the kind of stuff not only should we not let them get away with, but we need to straight up call them out on it. CJ, Tee, Brassell, plenty of others to go through. Yet our talking heads refuse to call them out on it. And while that may irritate me, there's always a bigger picture to look at.

Problem here is that this involves tennagers. Our side doesn't throw kids under the bus when things don't go our way. We've had the mindset of just move on and forget about it. Ole Miss doesn't mind throwing kids under the bus because to them in the end it isn't even really about the kids. It's about the ratings and the rankings. So it's a double edged sword. Do we call out Ole Miss and the things they do at the expense of the kids involved? Or do we hold our tongue and move past it?

I like our current strategy because I think our plan of success, although not as flashy, is much more sustainable. Look at how our signing day went. 95% was locked up on signing day because we got on kids early, we made them and their family part of our family, and we showed them the vision of what we want MSU to be. Those are the kids I want and based on who we had locked up on signing day, it seems pretty clear that the kids we had committed felt the same way.

But look at Ole Miss. The way they recruit is either boom or bust and they don't emotionally invest in these kids or their families. They try to be flashy, but what they really do is cover up the lack of substance with a perceived view of "caring" that in the end doesn't work nearly as often as they might hope. Kids can't see it, parents don't want to see it, and OM takes advantage of that and at the end, the kids pay the price.

I can think of only a handful of examples under Mullen of kids that didn't benefit from what we had to offer and that didn't turn out as better men having been at MSU. The same definitively cannot be said about kids that come to and leave Ole Miss.

Saltydog
02-06-2015, 10:52 AM
nt

Original48
02-06-2015, 10:53 AM
Just because our coaches felt like they could trust Leo doesn't mean Ole Miss' coaches could or should have felt the same way.

There's a pretty good chance Lewis was up-front and trustworthy with our staff but not with theirs. It's a lot easier to be truthful with the coaches you actually want to play for.
Exactly. By the way, the lack of enthusiasm and fanfare surrounding his 'commitment' to ole miss told the story anyway.

dickiedawg
02-06-2015, 11:10 AM
Wednesday at the signing celebration Dan kept talking about how all of our guys stayed committed the whole time showed a lot of character, like that's the measuring stick he uses for "good character guys." I wondered what he thinks about T.D. Moton and Leo Lewis' character.

DawgHouseUnited
02-06-2015, 11:20 AM

Say that out loud.

I didn't listen, but if Matt didn't laugh Richard off the set then it's obvious that he's back to his old go-along-to-get-along self, and the twitter snark was an exception instead of the norm.

843dawg
02-06-2015, 06:16 PM
Wednesday at the signing celebration Dan kept talking about how all of our guys stayed committed the whole time showed a lot of character, like that's the measuring stick he uses for "good character guys." I wondered what he thinks about T.D. Moton and Leo Lewis' character.

Too much level headed thinking in this post. people get banned here for that. ��

Coach34
02-06-2015, 06:37 PM
Too much level headed thinking in this post. people get banned here for that. ��

no- people get banned for saying things like Will Redmond had his hand out when they do t have any ****ing idea what they are talking about.

Coach34
02-06-2015, 06:38 PM

Actually- Lewis was committed the whole time- just not in public to us

sbcmortgageman
02-06-2015, 11:08 PM
Actually- Lewis was committed the whole time- just not in public to us

Yup Leo played them big time this year. Dan outsmarted Freeze.