PDA

View Full Version : Cedric jiles

msstate7
02-05-2015, 07:50 PM
What was his injury and recovery time?

What's his ceiling as a player?

engie
02-05-2015, 08:02 PM
Someone else can give the updated prognosis... I don't remember exactly what it was...

He's in the argument for 3rd CB if healthy...No argument to be had if Cleveland stays at S...

I think he's a very good corner and will have a great chance to start after we lose both corners next year. But Taveze and Richmond are elite at this point. Could end up being a 6 yr guy for us if he so chooses...

msstate7
02-05-2015, 08:09 PM
I really like the idea of Cleveland at safety

JDog13
02-05-2015, 08:14 PM
Someone else can give the updated prognosis... I don't remember exactly what it was...

He's in the argument for 3rd CB if healthy...No argument to be had if Cleveland stays at S...

I think he's a very good corner and will have a great chance to start after we lose both corners next year. But Taveze and Richmond are elite at this point. Could end up being a 6 yr guy for us if he so chooses...

Wait. We flipped Richmond AND changed his position??? :p

Madisonmd
02-05-2015, 08:16 PM
Has a torn hamstring, apparently severe enough to keep him out all last year

War Machine Dawg
02-05-2015, 11:16 PM
He's a good player, but I'd prefer we move him to S. Good size, big hitter, but seems to be maybe a hair slow at CB. Frankly, I think he's the new Tobias Smith. A good player we can't count on because he's fragile.

Finna
02-05-2015, 11:32 PM
He's 5'10" 185 lbs and ran a 4.38 his senior year at camps. Good size but slow for corner?

War Machine Dawg
02-05-2015, 11:45 PM
He's 5'10" 185 lbs and ran a 4.38 his senior year at camps. Good size but slow for corner?

There's a difference in running a 40 in shorts and football speed. Frankly, Jiles looks bigger and doesn't play as fast as that 40 time. "Slow" may be the wrong word for him. More like he lacks elite quickness and seems stiff. Or maybe it's that he's not an instinctive/natural CB and is thinking out there too much instead of reacting. I've seen him get burned a whole bunch in the very limited time he's been on the field. He's young, so there's still plenty of time for him to improve. But that requires him to stay healthy so he can get reps in practice and games. So far, he hasn't shown the ability to do that. That's my concern with him much more than anything else. The raw talent is there.

Lumpy Chucklelips
02-06-2015, 12:12 AM
Not to change the subject, but along the same lines, is Dee Arrington finished?

Saltydog
02-06-2015, 09:29 AM
nt

defiantdog
02-06-2015, 09:50 AM
There's a difference in running a 40 in shorts and football speed. Frankly, Jiles looks bigger and doesn't play as fast as that 40 time. "Slow" may be the wrong word for him. More like he lacks elite quickness and seems stiff. Or maybe it's that he's not an instinctive/natural CB and is thinking out there too much instead of reacting. I've seen him get burned a whole bunch in the very limited time he's been on the field. He's young, so there's still plenty of time for him to improve. But that requires him to stay healthy so he can get reps in practice and games. So far, he hasn't shown the ability to do that. That's my concern with him much more than anything else. The raw talent is there.

Really? He was a freshman when he was on the field last. He got burned one time on that Pass to the TE against Auburn. I agree, he's not an island type corner but he'd be really productive playing nickel. Irvin-sills got burned a lot last year in limited play but the coaches talk like he's gonna be elite for MSU.

smootness
02-06-2015, 09:59 AM
He's a good player, but I'd prefer we move him to S. Good size, big hitter, but seems to be maybe a hair slow at CB. Frankly, I think he's the new Tobias Smith. A good player we can't count on because he's fragile.

No way. Why do we want to move everybody to safety?

Jiles looked really, really good as a true freshman in limited time. Since then, he's pretty much been injured the whole time. We have no idea what he could be; I absolutely say leave him at CB and see what we have because if healthy, I still think he can be great.

GTHOM
02-06-2015, 01:25 PM
Jiles will be a solid corner, def a good nickel guy