archdog
02-05-2015, 07:16 PM
No homecoming game?

ShotgunDawg
02-05-2015, 07:28 PM
Wow, looks like he is trying to toughen their ass up

dickiedawg
02-05-2015, 07:47 PM
District schedule should be a cinch after that murderer's row to open up.

(Or they win 3 games, I don't pretend to know how good they are)

Harrydawg
02-05-2015, 07:59 PM
This will be extremely interesting. We know how good of a coach BP appears to be, I think he is very good.

Now, as a resident of Madsion County for the past 20 years, I don't think MC from a athletic student body standpoint is what it was, say 5 years ago. I don't think its anywhere near what it was at one time. Bobby Hall had the chance and blew it IMHO. This is a tough job, getting tougher by each year.

Barking 13
02-05-2015, 08:33 PM
Mississippi HS version of the SEC West

thedawg
02-05-2015, 09:03 PM
They got enough players to win... Panola and Starkville are just different animals.. Madison was never more talented player for player than Panola when Hall was there

Todd4State
02-05-2015, 09:45 PM
This will be extremely interesting. We know how good of a coach BP appears to be, I think he is very good.

Now, as a resident of Madsion County for the past 20 years, I don't think MC from a athletic student body standpoint is what it was, say 5 years ago. I don't think its anywhere near what it was at one time. Bobby Hall had the chance and blew it IMHO. This is a tough job, getting tougher by each year. I think it might look that way because of how Hall ran things. All of the resources are there. They just need someone that is more focused on winning State Titles and less about what kind of sound bite he can give the media.

Harrydawg
02-05-2015, 09:56 PM
Agree Todd and that's why it will be so interesting, this will make Bawbby look decent or poor....we already know he is an idiot.

I will say this, the sophmore QB at MC better get a whole lot better in the next 7 months........than what he was this past year.

Todd4State
02-05-2015, 10:15 PM
I think Jack Walker was put in a pretty tough situation last year. We'll see if he gets better with some better coaching.

M.Fillmore
02-05-2015, 11:36 PM
I know Brad Petersen and I like him. I also like Bobby Hall. Petersen will struggle with the same issue that Hall struggled with, that is, at MC (and at Tupelo) a lot of really good athletes pass on football. Both Tupelo and MC have dominated the All Sports Trophy the last 20 years and both school only have one state football title. At South Panola and other schools, football gets all the best athletes. At MC and Tupelo, the athletes get spread among several sports.

GTHOM
02-06-2015, 01:22 PM
I played for Coach P at Brandon and he will do fine, that is a tough tough schedule though. MC's region is a breeze compared to Brandons though. The first 4 games really dont count so I dont blame him for scheduling tough to start, once he gets in region play he can just roll the helmet out there and beat NWR, Callaway, Murrah

curmudgeon
02-06-2015, 02:25 PM
Starkville and Clinton aren't what I would consider a "breeze." That's a tough region - maybe not as tough as Region 3 but its not a breeze. Remember that Region 3 has Terry and Forest Hill, Jim Hill and Provine.

K9 Avenger
02-06-2015, 02:49 PM
Also note that it's a 12 game schedule....I don't ever recall a 12 game regular season in High School. No open dates either...12 games straight thru.

GTHOM
02-06-2015, 07:25 PM
Starkville and Clinton aren't what I would consider a "breeze." That's a tough region - maybe not as tough as Region 3 but its not a breeze. Remember that Region 3 has Terry and Forest Hill, Jim Hill and Provine.

your right about starkville and clinton thats why i didnt mention them