PDA

View Full Version : Anfernee Mullins Highlights.

Rayburn8
02-04-2015, 10:55 PM
After seeing Engie's post on the Bob Carskadon tweet, I looked up the dudes Hudl tape. Dude had 15 sacks this year. 6'4 233 and a 4.75 fortey time. Looks and plays a lot like Chris Jones.
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2109308/anfernee-mullins
Felt this dude deserved his own thread.

Ifyouonlyknew
02-04-2015, 10:57 PM
Weighed in at 245lbs on his OV. Also ran a 4.55 40 at camp this summer.

msstate7
02-04-2015, 10:59 PM
Is he a qualifying risk? Thought I heard this at one time

Ifyouonlyknew
02-04-2015, 11:27 PM
He's going to make it with no problem.

DistrictDawg92
02-05-2015, 12:12 AM
His strides and arms are longgggggg.

KB21
02-05-2015, 07:58 AM
He needs technique refinement, but what recruit doesn't? The raw talent is definitely there.

Johnson85
02-05-2015, 08:28 AM
He looks lumbering and slow but then in several plays he manages to basically track down a skill player from behind while 'lumbering'.

codeDawg
02-05-2015, 09:09 AM
He looks lumbering and slow but then in several plays he manages to basically track down a skill player from behind while 'lumbering'.

I know, right? He's just a huge, long, strong, dude. Watch how many people he just sheds off as he goes after his target. It will be a bit surprising when he plays some real competition this fall, but once he adjusts he'll be a great one.

SallyStansbury
02-05-2015, 09:12 AM
I am not a coach, nor do I pretend to be one, but on his film there are some odd things I notice. He seems to have some footwork issues RE getting off on the snap. As if somehow he isn't quite ready on about half the snaps and he sits back on his heels or pushes off with his left foot instead of his right foot. However, even when he does this his acceleration to the QB/RB is silly and he hits people like he is made of bricks. What a strong talent. A+ to Mullen et al. for getting this guy. With proper training I bet he will be very dangerous and explosive at DE. wow.

Okrastar1
02-05-2015, 09:56 AM
I remember how people on ED were talking about Mullen whenever we had this kid commit. If I'm not mistaken he was committed to USA and we flipped him and people went nuts about how bad Mullen's recruiting was to take a kid who had such lowly offers! Now we are talking about how great he can be. That is one thing I truly love about our staff is we see the future of a player, how he fits,and can develop these kids who are late bloomers or small school kids!

jumbo
02-05-2015, 10:06 AM
Is he a qualifying risk? Thought I heard this at one time

he was originally thought to be, hence the low rating/lack of offers. then halfway through the season or so it became apparent that he would make it, so we offered and he committed.