PDA

View Full Version : 2015 recruiting class breakdown...

DistrictDawg92
02-04-2015, 08:50 PM
First of all I wanna make two points:

1. Props to Mullen and the whole staff for signing everyone that was committed and sticking to the plan, we signed 15 Mississippi Boys compared to Ole Miss's FOUR. They also did a nice job of recognizing Michael Story's situation, keeping him hidden, and getting him in in December.
2. Let's give Farrod Green a shoutout, he got the offer he wanted, committed on the spot, and busted his ass to make his own recruiting class the best and deepest we have ever had. Every class seems to have an MVP/captain of sorts and that honor goes to my boy Farrod, it's these type guys that turn a group of players into a team.

For those of you that like star power, this class has it, there are 13 guys that are rated 4 stars by one of the four recruiting services:

WR Donald Gray- 247, Scout, Rivals, ESPN
OT Martinas Rankin- 247, Scout, Rivals, ESPN
S Jamal Peters- 247, Scout, Rivals, ESPN
MLB Leo Lewis- 247, Scout, Rivals, ESPN
DT/DE Fletcher Adams- 247, Scout, Rivals, ESPN
RB Nick Gibson- 247, Rivals, ESPN
WR Malik Dear- 247, Scout, ESPN
OLB Tim Washington- Scout, ESPN
OLB Traver Jung- 247, ESPN
CB Chris Stamps- 247
S Mark Mclaurin- 247
DT T.D. Moton- ESPN
C Daryl Williams- ESPN

On top of those 13, Deonta Jones was pretty much a consensus 4 star before he was injured, and you can add in Tommy Champion and Cameron Myers who were both essentially sign and place but even better because they will sign with us in the 2016 class. That's 16 4-star talents that our coaching staff locked up this year.

This class also provided balance and depth, we signed 13 defensive players and 15 offensive players, to break it down even further by position:

QB(1)- Nick Tiano
RB(2)- Nick Gibson, Alec Murphy
RB/WR(2)- Malik Dear and Keith Mixon
WR(4)- Donald Gray, Justin Johnson, Jonnas Spivey, Deddrick Thomas
TE(2)- Deonta Jones, Farrod Green
OL(4)- Martinas Rankin, Harrison Moon, Daryl Williams, Michael Story
DL(6)- Fletcher Adams, T.D. Moton, Jonathon Calvin, Keith Joseph, Kendall Jones, Affernee Mullins
LB(3)- Leo Lewis, Traver Jung, Tim Washington
CB(2)- Chris Stamps, Maurice Smitherman
S(2)- Mark Mclaurin, Jamal Peters

When looking at the class the defensive signees really stand out for obvious reasons, but the offensive signees can't be forgotten, we got a QB that has Mullen's style written all over him, playmakers at WR, TE, and RB and probably the best offensive lineman haul of Mullen's career at State. All in all this class is balanced, filled holes from departing seniors, and doesn't seem to have a single player that I can't see contributing in their time at State. Mullen has been building houses with sticks, now let's see what he can do with some bricks.

sleepy dawg
02-04-2015, 08:57 PM
Freakin' excellent breakdown. Thanks DistrictDawg!

Big4Dawg
02-04-2015, 09:05 PM
I love that you can build a team with this class. We need one of the DL to play OL and you have a full team.

smootness
02-04-2015, 09:09 PM
Great stuff, District. I keep forgetting about Myers. He could come in next year and be one of the fast outside WRs we were saying we needed to bring in.