PDA

View Full Version : Sleeper for the class.

Rayburn8
02-04-2015, 08:45 PM
Mine is Nick Gibson. Think he will be a stud. My other would be Peters. Even though he is the top player in the class, I think he is one of the most underrated as well. He is that good.

engie
02-04-2015, 08:54 PM
Bob Carskadon ‏@bobcarskadon 4m4 minutes ago
Mullen says DE Anfernee Mullins (Aliceville, Al.) "Might be the No. 1 player in the country if you put him in Dallas." Small-school guy.

runwildjerious
02-04-2015, 08:55 PM
I completely agree with you. I had the chance to coach against Nick's team when he was in middle school. Even back then, you just knew that this kid was an SEC player. Very explosive.

msstate7
02-04-2015, 08:57 PM
Mullen says DE Anfernee Mullins (Aliceville, Al.) "Might be the No. 1 player in the country if you put him in Dallas." Small-school guy.

Does this mean that Mullins is already that good or that had Mullins gotten better coaching he'd be the best?

bulldawg28
02-04-2015, 08:57 PM
Mine is Nick Gibson. Think he will be a stud. My other would be Peters. Even though he is the top player in the class, I think he is one of the most underrated as well. He is that good.

Things that make you go Hmmmm.

engie
02-04-2015, 08:58 PM
Does this mean that Mullins is already that good or that had Mullins gotten better coaching he'd be the best?

I take it as both...

DistrictDawg92
02-04-2015, 08:58 PM
Funny that we can consider a 4-star RB a sleeper now, but yeah Gibson has sorta fallen through the cracks. I think he is gonna be a stud. I'm gonna say lookout for Deddrick Thomas, his shiftiness is elite and he also has great hands.

Ifyouonlyknew
02-04-2015, 09:00 PM
Mark McLaurin

smootness
02-04-2015, 09:02 PM

I was going to say Mullins, but wow, didn't hear Mullen say that.

He just feels like the kind of guy who tears it up under this staff...completely unhooked but with really good size and athleticism from a small town. I figure he'll probably be All-SEC before too long.

CadaverDawg
02-04-2015, 09:03 PM
I can't disagree with anyone in this thread so far, especially Dan Mullen's two picks...Mullins and McLaurin.*

But to throw something different out there, I will say Keith Joseph. I really like what I see from him off the edge.

engie
02-04-2015, 09:04 PM
The whole damn class is underrated outside a handful of guys IMO...
McLaurin - LULZ underrated
Thomas - Underrated
Mixon - LULLLLZZZZ underrated
Johnson - Should be a damn 4* just in blocking ability
Jones - "oh you got hurt -- your 94 goes to an 87 or so"
Moton - "oh you transferred and your coach didn't keep us updated on your stats while having grade concerns -- you are not almost a 5*, but a mid 3* instead"
Washington - "oh, your HS got in trouble for academics and you didn't pack on 20 lbs yet -- lose 3 points"

I can go all night with this kind of total bs. You would think -- after being #1 for half the season on the backs of a #40 and a #35 class -- that there would start to be a MSU bump in the other direction. Dang sure hasn't happened yet...

smootness
02-04-2015, 09:07 PM
I can't disagree with anyone in this thread so far, especially Dan Mullen's two picks...Mullins and McLaurin.*

But to throw something different out there, I will say Keith Joseph. I really like what I see from him off the edge.

I love that we got some true edge rushers in this class in Joseph and Mullins. It seemed like in the past, we would get a lot of tweeter DEs and turn them into DTs, like Cox and Chris Jones. Those guys are obviously great to get, but as the majority of the DEs we got in addition to true DTs, it left us weak off the edge.

In this class, we got a true DT in Moton, two tweeter types in Adams and Jones, but then the two edge rushers. I like it.

messageboardsuperhero
02-04-2015, 09:10 PM
I haven't really started following these players very closely until about a week ago, but I like Mark McLauren a lot. Keith Joseph lit it up at all-star practices. I love Williams and Story on the OL as well. We always end up proving that a bunch of our signees were underrated coming out- but this year seems like we have even more than usual.

ETA: It's funny how year-after-year, average joes on message boards can easily predict who is underrated and will break out- yet the ratings people on pay sites can't seem to figure some of these guys out for shit. That's why I'm glad Mullen and our staff don't care about what Yancy and Steve think.

Covercorner2
02-04-2015, 09:10 PM
Thomas - Underrated
Moton - "oh you transferred and your coach didn't keep us updated on your stats while having grade concerns -- you are not almost a 5*, but a mid 3* instead"
Washington - "oh, your HS got in trouble for academics and you didn't pack on 20 lbs yet -- lose 3 points"

I can go all night with this kind of total bs. You would think -- after being #1 for half the season on the backs of a #40 and a #35 class -- that there would start to be a MSU bump in the other direction. Dang sure hasn't happened yet...

Fwiw: Keith Mixon tweeted that Bama offered his this morning.

msstate7
02-04-2015, 09:17 PM
Fwiw: Keith Mixon tweeted that Bama offered his this morning.

There's no doubt in my mind that if committed to bama when he committed to us that mixon would be a 4*

(I realize he couldn't have committed to bama then. Just saying)

EAVdog
02-04-2015, 09:23 PM
Keith Joseph Jr. and Kendell Jones are bad men.

Boston
02-04-2015, 09:24 PM
Michael Story

Ifyouonlyknew
02-04-2015, 09:26 PM
The fact there is a laundry list of names being said lets you know about the depth of this class.

hailmari
02-04-2015, 09:36 PM
Peters is just an absolute stud. Put him at Hoover and I think he's a top 20 or even 10 guy.

But I think Deddrick Thomas will be everything Tubby just couldn't quite ever be.

dickiedawg
02-04-2015, 09:42 PM

Mullen said he's glad Mullins played at a tiny school, implication being that otherwise everyone in the country would be all over him.

Political Hack
02-04-2015, 09:59 PM
Murphy.

Schultzy
02-04-2015, 10:11 PM
Was very surprised at Jamal Peters height and weight when he walked in Humphrey Coliseum just before half of the LSU game on his official visit. Big dude.

Keith Joseph's dad was a hell of a football player here in the early Jackie years, pass rusher and good tackler.

codeDawg
02-04-2015, 10:20 PM
Mullins' tape is kind of funny. He's so much bigger and faster than anyone on the field with him. He's just doing whatever he wants, to whomever he wants.

codeDawg
02-04-2015, 10:22 PM
Was very surprised at Jamal Peters height and weight when he walked in Humphrey Coliseum just before half of the LSU game on his official visit. Big dude.

Keith Joseph's dad was a hell of a football player here in the early Jackie years, pass rusher and good tackler.

I'm so ready to see a kid that can really play at S. Last year was hard to watch.

Really Clark?
02-04-2015, 10:23 PM
Mark McLaurin

Agree. What did Diaz say? If he was in Texas he would have 50 offers?? Something like that

ETA. Honestly if Peters and McLaurin were at So Panolia they are probably rated very similar to Tony Conner.

Really Clark?
02-04-2015, 10:27 PM
My other pick from lower rated guys is Story. I think he can develop into a good one. Just hate trying to project OL.

CadaverDawg
02-04-2015, 10:30 PM
I think Jonas Spivey is flying under the radar too in terms of our fan base. He was a QB, but an incredible athlete. And we all know what Mullen can do with a Highschool QB that is a big time athlete.....

McKinney
Lewis
Myles
etc

Rayburn8
02-04-2015, 10:51 PM

Did some research, Mullins had 15 sacks this season. They call him the Manchild. His hudl film reminds me of Chris Jones.
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2109308/anfernee-mullins

yjnkdawg
02-04-2015, 10:51 PM
I think Jonas Spivey is flying under the radar too in terms of our fan base. He was a QB, but an incredible athlete. And we all know what Mullen can do with a Highschool QB that is a big time athlete.....

McKinney
Lewis
Myles
etc

This and he can play offense or defense. Very versatile athlete at Bay Springs.

Coach34
02-04-2015, 11:07 PM
Mark McLaurin

This guy.

He is THE sleeper. He is Peters without the hype.

yjnkdawg
02-04-2015, 11:27 PM
I could go with Spivey or McLaurin, but it would really be great if Farrod Green, could be the sleeper. He has raw talent. good work ethics, underrated, and was a key recruiter for this class, along with Spivey and some others.

Thompson92
02-04-2015, 11:31 PM
My biggest sigh of relief was getting Daryl Williams' LOI in. He's athletic and nasty, I love it. I know it's tough to predict O-linemen, but between him, Story, and Moon, I feel pretty good about our future OL. And our current OL is looking more than capable now. I'm psyched about Rankin.
Win the line of scrimmage, win the game. Exciting stuff ahead.

Political Hack
02-04-2015, 11:47 PM
This guy.

He is THE sleeper. He is Peters without the hype.

nobody we've signed in the last few years has the upside Peters has, minus Chris Jones... MAYBE... Chris Jones.

Peters is a freak stud.

MSUDawg4Life
02-05-2015, 12:33 AM
I'm not sure McLaurin is a sleeper. I think most folks realize that Peters, McLaurin and Stamps in the same secondary is going to be beastly.

None of the guys who are four stars are sleepers. We all expect them to be good.

The one guy I think everybody is overlooking is Maurice Smitherman. The only thing this guy lacks is size. This guy's cover skills are already incredible and I think he has a great attitude. It seems that he's humble and hungry. I think after spending some time under Deshea's tutelage he could be an surprise to many.

Dawg61
02-05-2015, 02:25 AM
Dear & Tiano. Two future starters at QB and HB. They are both going under the radar right now.

Covercorner2
02-05-2015, 09:09 AM
Thomas - Underrated

Check out the second to last bullet point. #Wool

https://uga.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1733855

Aces High
02-05-2015, 09:41 AM
McLaurin without question. TSUN wanted him bad and he comes from a good family.

One concerning thing to me is ou and uga coming into our state and taking kids that are msu hot beds. That is the only thing I can complain about this year.

There was a ton of talent in MS that signed with louisville, mizzou, OU, Uga, etc

Maroon Blood
02-05-2015, 09:46 AM
Mark McLaurin

No doubt.

defiantdog
02-05-2015, 09:47 AM
There are too many guys in this class to pick from..... But if say Mullins. I believe he'll be our version of DeMarcus Ware. I wanted to put Thomas or Mixon here but I think they both redshirt. Mullins has a chance to hit the field as a true freshmen.

jumbo
02-05-2015, 10:07 AM
Mullins is my pick