PDA

View Full Version : Joe Anderson DL Ole Miss

Figgs
02-04-2015, 04:42 PM
The kid can only go Juco. Zero chance at qualifying and Freeze signs him at the midnight hour to bolster useless rankings...They are pathetic.

ShotgunDawg
02-04-2015, 04:46 PM
The kid can only go Juco. Zero chance at qualifying and Freeze signs him at the midnight hour to bolster useless rankings...They are pathetic.

Exactly. If we added Champion to our class, it would be ranked higher as well.

Ole Miss signed some good players, as every SEC West team should, but I'll take the balance in our class and the fact that they are from MS and know what they are playing for, everyday of the week over theirs. I simply think our class is better built to win football games than theirs.

jumbo
02-04-2015, 04:52 PM

I wish we would have signed and place him. From all accounts kid is a stud, but it was known all along he'd be a juco guy.

Thick
02-04-2015, 04:56 PM
Liggins is moving to tackle next year. That's hilarious and pathetic at the same time.

Saltydog
02-04-2015, 05:49 PM
as Pope Freezus I likes to say..........

SDDawg
02-04-2015, 05:53 PM
I don't think there's anything wrong with sign and place, but this kind of gamesmanship to just drive the numbers is beyond stupid. I'm glad we don't do it.

defiantdog
02-04-2015, 05:53 PM
OM is the version of the Detroit Lions in the early 2000's. The Lions kept signing the top receivers every year and forgot to address their other needs. OM is doing the same thing. They have better receiver depth than the Cleveland Browns, but they forgot to address needs like QB, a big RB, LBs, DEs, etc.

defiantdog
02-04-2015, 05:55 PM

I want to say we backed off Joe during BDC..... so did LSU.

Dawgfan61
02-04-2015, 06:16 PM
Mullen said it best. Recruiting is not a game. These are young men's lives.

Let Ole Miss win the press conference. Congrats. I will take our extremely balanced class who should all be here in the fall over their sign and place guys.

engie
02-04-2015, 06:36 PM
Liggins is moving to tackle next year. That's hilarious and pathetic at the same time.

To me, the think that's messed up is that it didn't happen from MINUTE ONE. Liggins really does have a ton of potential as an OL. Freakish athleticism for the size. And Freeze/JUCO have wasted him into the last year of his football life pounding the square peg into a round hole...

gtowndawg
02-04-2015, 06:44 PM
http://i.ytimg.com/vi/p1c-WyooGEY/hqdefault.jpg

Homedawg
02-04-2015, 07:17 PM
To me, the think that's messed up is that it didn't happen from MINUTE ONE. Liggins really does have a ton of potential as an OL. Freakish athleticism for the size. And Freeze/JUCO have wasted him into the last year of his football life pounding the square peg into a round hole...

This^ all day long. If they were concerned about his future he would have played tackle last year. Instead, they catered to his wishes and let him decide. It cost them both!

M.Fillmore
02-04-2015, 07:34 PM
How many years does Liggins have left?

Rayburn8
02-04-2015, 07:39 PM
One. No idea why they did not redshirt him.

BiscuitEater
02-04-2015, 08:23 PM
I want to say we backed off Joe during BDC..... so did LSU.

has announced three signees with academic issues. One is definite to JC, TE has dual enrolled in JC, no idea about the other.

msstate7
02-04-2015, 08:28 PM
has announced three signees with academic issues. One is definite to JC, TE has dual enrolled in JC, no idea about the other.

TE?

Covercorner2
02-04-2015, 08:35 PM
TE?

Hibbler

BiscuitEater
02-04-2015, 08:47 PM
TE?

says that ... Willie Hibbler TE 6-5/233 Sardis, MS has 'dual signed' with OM ... and NWCC.

Mutt the Hoople
02-04-2015, 10:19 PM
Exactly. If we added Champion to our class, it would be ranked higher as well.

Ole Miss signed some good players, as every SEC West team should, but I'll take the balance in our class and the fact that they are from MS and know what they are playing for, everyday of the week over theirs. I simply think our class is better built to win football games than theirs.

If, by saying "ole miss signed some good players", you meant "good enough to be mid-level in the Sun Belt", then you're right.

Jack Lambert
02-04-2015, 11:08 PM

It might be the best move for Liggins. That is prbably his best avenue to the NFL>

DawgHouseUnited
02-05-2015, 09:32 AM
OM is the version of the Detroit Lions in the early 2000's. The Lions kept signing the top receivers every year and forgot to address their other needs. OM is doing the same thing. They have better receiver depth than the Cleveland Browns, but they forgot to address needs like QB, a big RB, LBs, DEs, etc.

An OM friend of mine tweeted a pic yesterday that basically called OM WR University or some such.

Thick
02-05-2015, 11:19 AM
How about LSU? Missed on QB, DL, and LB, but signed a lot of athletes. Slippery slope?

Thick
02-05-2015, 11:23 AM

Yeah engie, but that move was made way too late in his career. One year to learn proper blocking techniques (run/pass) in the SEC is asking a hell of a lot from a kid who's been a skilled athlete his whole career.

messageboardsuperhero
02-05-2015, 11:25 AM
This^ all day long. If they were concerned about his future he would have played tackle last year. Instead, they catered to his wishes and let him decide. It cost them both!

That's what happens when you make dumbass recruiting promises to get a player at any cost necessary. I mean, who tells a 300 pound lineman that he can play QB?

DawgHouseUnited
02-05-2015, 11:41 AM
Any truth to the rumor that OM actually pulled LL's offer? Heard that one last night at church- they didn't even give him a LOI.

messageboardsuperhero
02-05-2015, 11:43 AM
An OM friend of mine tweeted a pic yesterday that basically called OM WR University or some such.

This to me is the difference between our class and theirs. Both finished in the 15-20 range, but I feel like we addressed our needs much better than they did.

Patterson and DJ Jones were great gets for them at two of their thin positions. Van Jefferson and Lodge are the next best players they signed, and they're great players- but WR is probably that last thing UM has to worry about. When was the last time UM had a bad receiving corp? It's sort of like us with RBs and LBs. The positions that UM really needed in this class was a big, physical LB to replace Shackelford and a good OT- they missed big time on both of those late in the process.

Our needs were safety, DL, OL, and TE. We signed arguably our best safety and OL classes of the Mullen era with Peters, McLauren, Story, Rankin, Williams, etc. Rankin was the top OT coming out of JUCO this year and gives us the immediate impact OT that we needed. We signed the best DL in the state this year in Adams, and a bunch of other guys that our staff thinks are underrated. We signed Jones at TE, and he will be a player. Not to mention we added an immediate impact LB to help ease the pain of losing B-Mac and Wells.

I just think we have a more balanced, well-rounded class.

messageboardsuperhero
02-05-2015, 11:44 AM
Any truth to the rumor that OM actually pulled LL's offer? Heard that one last night at church- they didn't even give him a LOI.

They didn't send him an LOI because they knew he wasn't signing there. Don't think for a minute that UM wouldn't have taken Leo Lewis back if he had given them the chance.

jumbo
02-05-2015, 11:47 AM

not sending an LOI and pulling an offer are two different things. as the guy above said, they didn't send him an LOI because they knew it wouldn't come back but they sure as hell didn't pull his offer.

DawgHouseUnited
02-05-2015, 11:54 AM
They didn't send him an LOI because they knew he wasn't signing there. Don't think for a minute that UM wouldn't have taken Leo Lewis back if he had given them the chance.

not sending an LOI and pulling an offer are two different things. as the guy above said, they didn't send him an LOI because they knew it wouldn't come back but they sure as hell didn't pull his offer.

I figured it was just posturing on their part, but didn't want to get into a "discussion" at church.. Thanks for the clarifying on offer/loi.

MedDawg
02-05-2015, 11:57 AM

Now would be a good time to remind everyone that despite OM being WR U and having a passing QB and little run game,

State out passed OM in 2014. Total passing yards, yards per attempt, and passing TDs.