GTHOM
02-04-2015, 04:02 PM
ok..me you and c34 started the exact same thread within 5 minutes

ShotgunDawg
02-04-2015, 04:03 PM
Sorry

Bothrops
02-04-2015, 04:11 PM
At least we had the original "MGK". So they can't claim that either.

02-04-2015, 04:13 PM
SWAG

smootness
02-04-2015, 04:15 PM
Imagine someone we just signed, who had never played a down...and Mullen saying, 'I just hope he doesn't embarrass us.'

He already has; he forced you to say that about him. That is a joke.

State82
02-04-2015, 05:52 PM
He already has; he forced you to say that about him. That is a joke.

Good point.

BeardoMSU
02-04-2015, 05:56 PM
He already has; he forced you to say that about him.

http://www.acsu.buffalo.edu/~cas7/gifs/boom.gif

Don't you know, Freeze just believes in the "redemptive power of man". Lighten up you heartless bastard****

sandwolf
02-04-2015, 06:05 PM
Doesn't this inspire confidence and belief

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B9BvjTuIIAASWRu.jpg

Surely he didn't actually say that. Out loud. To the press.

Unbelievable.

starkvegasdawg
02-04-2015, 06:17 PM
Dan is wondering if Dak will be a Heisman contender. Bucky is wondering if Kelly will remain a world class 17 up. I like our situation better.

BeardoMSU
02-04-2015, 06:44 PM
Dan is wondering if Dak will be a Heisman contender. Bucky is wondering if Kelly will remain a world class 17 up. I like our situation better.

This will be a humbling reality for Freeze when the penny does indeed drop, lol.

Bully13
02-04-2015, 10:42 PM
Surely he didn't actually say that. Out loud. To the press.

Unbelievable.

I agree beard. I find this outlandish statement too crazy to be true. I would believe it if he said it in private, but to put that out on social media is total bat shit crazy. not buying at the moment.

Spiderman
02-05-2015, 11:24 AM
I agree beard. I find this outlandish statement too crazy to be true. I would believe it if he said it in private, but to put that out on social media is total bat shit crazy. not buying at the moment.

He said it in his PC yesterday. That's a direct quote

thunderclap
02-05-2015, 11:27 AM
Bo handled it pretty well when Freeze rolled over him. Look forward to what this guy does.

BHildreth3
02-05-2015, 11:30 AM
It's amazing that they are going into next year hoping and praying this guy doesn't screw up. The backups are awful. I would be furious if we were in this situation. Thankfully we're not.

starkvegasdawg
02-05-2015, 11:34 AM
Freeze probably cringes everytime he hears a car backfire in the parking lot.

thf24
02-05-2015, 11:51 AM
Both Freeze and Bjork are amateurs. Capable amateurs, no doubt, but amateurs nonetheless, who don't fully understand how to operate in a professional world. Unless they learn how to be professionals, eventually they're going to walk into an embarrassment they can't deflect their way out of.

Perpetual Underachiever
02-05-2015, 12:15 PM
...eventually they're going to walk into an embarrassment they can't deflect their way out of.

THIS. Sooner or later one of these "incidents" is going to be bad enough that someone has to accept responsibility.

sandwolf
02-05-2015, 12:29 PM
Here is a Fox Sports article on it:

http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/story/ole-miss-rebels-national-signing-day-recruiting-class-hugh-freeze-chad-kelly-020515

From the article:

Still, the story, coupled with Kelly's issues at Clemson, fed skepticism about whether the strong-armed QB would actually be kept on the Rebels' team. On Wednesday, Hugh Freeze discussed Kelly's situation in detail with us during our FOXSports.com signing day coverage after we asked the Rebels' head coach what makes him so confident that the JC transfer can handle himself, be accountable and not embarrass the Ole Miss program.

"I'm not gonna sugar-coat anything," Freeze told FOX Sports on Wednesday. "I'm not extremely confident that I can do that (say that Kelly isn't gonna embarrass the Ole Miss program.) I'm not going to sit here and make promises. I know this: I believe kids certainly have value and deserve second and even third chances. I like the kid. I know that he has struggled with decisions in the social realm of things. I do think I have a gift for that. I'm not saying I can change him, but I sure think it's worth the risk.

msu4ever
02-05-2015, 12:34 PM
THIS. Sooner or later one of these "incidents" is going to be bad enough that someone has to accept responsibility.

this is so true...and...gonna be interestingly fun to watch.

I have become increasingly pleased with Coach Mullen in every area of our program.

starkvegasdawg
02-05-2015, 12:41 PM
Here is a Fox Sports article on it:

http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/story/ole-miss-rebels-national-signing-day-recruiting-class-hugh-freeze-chad-kelly-020515

From the article:

He thinks he has a gift for changing people? I guess that's why his team is always one of the tops in the nation facing some sort of legal issue. All he seems to have a gift for is concentrating all thugs in one spot so they only terrorize one city.

yjnkdawg
02-05-2015, 02:31 PM
Both Freeze and Bjork are amateurs. Capable amateurs, no doubt, but amateurs nonetheless, who don't fully understand how to operate in a professional world. Unless they learn how to be professionals, eventually they're going to walk into an embarrassment they can't deflect their way out of.

+1

yjnkdawg
02-05-2015, 02:39 PM
If Freeze wanted to give MGK some confidence and show that they believed in him, then Freeze just screwed up. I can't believe a coach would post something like that, but again you have to look at the source. Freeze and their AD conduct themselves more like a kid in grammar school, than as an adult.

smootness
02-05-2015, 02:43 PM
I've sometimes been hesitant to pile onto the Freeze-bashing just because I know we see things with a biased lens, but this is pretty rich.

He has turned what is pretty clearly a case of a team desperate at QB and bringing in a headcase simply because he's talented...into a narrative about putting his own reputation on the line to help a good kid get another chance so he can potentially see success.

I mean, dang. I have to hand it to him, that's at least good effort at a sell. He's just giving kids more chances and using his gift of changing lives; it's merely coincidence that he mostly likes giving second chances to talented football players at positions of need.

smootness
02-05-2015, 02:45 PM
If Freeze wanted to give MGK some confidence and show that they believed in him, then Freeze just screwed up. I can't believe a coach would post something like that, but again you have to look at the source. Freeze and their AD conduct themselves more like a kid in grammar school, than as an adult.

Not to mention that in so many cases, it takes a kid like this losing opportunities, not having more things handed to him undeservingly, to figure things out and straighten up.

There is much less of a chance of Kelly 'getting it' while being the starting QB of an SEC school than there is of him doing so while not playing football anymore.

TrapGame
02-05-2015, 03:14 PM
Bo handled it pretty well when Freeze rolled over him. Look forward to what this guy does.

You can tell it in Bucky's statement, he ain't going there w/ MGK. He's scared of the kid.