PDA

View Full Version : So, what happened to "the network" this year?

AlSwearengen
02-04-2015, 02:50 PM
My guess is that everyone has caught on to them and they can't catch people off guard anymore. They've been doing it to us for years, but when they went off the reservation two years ago, I think it caught a lot of out of state boosters by surprise. Everyone knows what is up now. I assume they will redouble their efforts next year.

maroonmania
02-04-2015, 02:54 PM
They may have to add a few new plays to their Playbook.

Political Hack
02-04-2015, 03:09 PM
they got played... a lot.

Liverpooldawg
02-04-2015, 03:12 PM
They whiffed a lot in the last few days but some sites still have their class ranked ahead of ours. It's still alive and well.

HoopsDawg
02-04-2015, 03:18 PM
UT is all in. AU is the ultimate network. And UF grabbed the home state kid.

They had Lodge's best friend on the roster, but they didn't have CeCe's older brother.

GTHOM
02-04-2015, 03:20 PM
Coach34 happened

messageboardsuperhero
02-04-2015, 03:20 PM
FWIW, there's a lot of twitter chatter saying Van Jefferson has already sent in his LOI to UM- now they're just waiting for the announcement.

One thing I will say about UM is that they always stockpile receivers... Which is amazing to me, because they have no idea what QB is going to get them the ball.

HoopsDawg
02-04-2015, 03:24 PM
FWIW, there's a lot of twitter chatter saying Van Jefferson has already sent in his LOI to UM- now they're just waiting for the announcement.

One thing I will say about UM is that they always stockpile receivers... Which is amazing to me, because they have no idea what QB is going to get them the ball.

Van Jefferson, Demarcus Lodge, and DK Metcalf is a pretty sick stable of receivers especially if they get that 5 star QB, Patterson.

GTHOM
02-04-2015, 03:25 PM
Van Jefferson, Demarcus Lodge, and DK Metcalf is a pretty sick stable of receivers especially if they get that 5 star QB, Patterson.

what 5 star QB

Coach34
02-04-2015, 03:35 PM
Coach34 happened

I was actually told this by someone- all the attention made a few of their guys skittish. Is it true? I dont know. Didnt scare off the crew trying to get Leo.

Also, you have other staffs educating their recruits about Ole Missus. Basically telling them to go take their money, have the great time....enjoy the the hell out of yourself- and then come play football for us because Ole Missus will never win big. And that is what is starting to happen alot. The last 2 years they have gotten played by quite a few recruits.

fishwater99
02-04-2015, 03:35 PM

If the Bears had his LOI they would release the info...

Coach34
02-04-2015, 03:44 PM
They are certainly frustrated

HoopsDawg
02-04-2015, 03:59 PM
what 5 star QB

Shea Patterson

defiantdog
02-04-2015, 04:02 PM
They just landed Van Jefferson

defiantdog
02-04-2015, 04:12 PM
http://i57.tinypic.com/1z1snr9.jpg

Except, it looks like OM flipped their own recruit to a different sport.

I seen it dawg
02-04-2015, 04:25 PM

They ain't getting Patterson

defiantdog
02-04-2015, 04:33 PM
They ain't getting Patterson

Correct..... he'll sign with Bama. He's the prototype for Bama qbs.

fishwater99
02-04-2015, 04:54 PM
That coach is huge, or is he part of the Network.. Wonder what was in Fedex pkg..

ShotgunDawg
02-04-2015, 04:57 PM
We talk about Ole Miss' Network, but what about Tennessee's?

GEEEZ, talk about a school going all in. I doubt Butch is that good of a recruiter

Op4isabitch
02-04-2015, 05:08 PM
I think Jim Shute happened,

RougeDawg
02-04-2015, 05:12 PM
I think Jim Shute happened,

What happened?

codeDawg
02-04-2015, 05:19 PM
Here is the deal guys. Ole Miss is trying to play the big boy game. All the effort they put into getting the big star guys today will get them into the middle of the pack in the SEC. Congrats on being average. They try to make the contest about being the tallest midget against us.

Dan checked out of playing their game a while back. Let them invest time / money / resources on fighting for the big fish. Meanwhile, we'll spend our time / money / resources on the local kids. On the raw and underrated that we know can be big stars. On our prototypes, no matter how many stars Yancy gives them.

While they try to play "keep up with the Jones's", we'll quietly build a foundation of of players at every position that can compete. We'll go after the big fish we have a good shot at with what's left over, and maybe we'll have a year where the foundation is strong and the diamonds shine. We might even make it to #1 for a few weeks.

We're not going to beat Alabama by playing their game. We're not even going to beat Ole Miss that way. We have to win on our terms. Let Ole Miss feel like they wear big britches. It won't be long before they turn around and wonder how we're reeling in the big fish without the shenanigans they have to pull.

MSU, in every aspect, is learning how to be MSU. Ole Miss is not the measuring stick. They do not define us. They don't decide our goals, our accomplishments, or what it is to be a Bulldog. We all we got. We all we need.

Reason2succeed
02-04-2015, 05:34 PM
Here is the deal guys. Ole Miss is trying to play the big boy game. All the effort they put into getting the big star guys today will get them into the middle of the pack in the SEC. Congrats on being average. They try to make the contest about being the tallest midget against us.

Dan checked out of playing their game a while back. Let them invest time / money / resources on fighting for the big fish. Meanwhile, we'll spend our time / money / resources on the local kids. On the raw and underrated that we know can be big stars. On our prototypes, no matter how many stars Yancy gives them.

While they try to play "keep up with the Jones's", we'll quietly build a foundation of of players at every position that can compete. We'll go after the big fish we have a good shot at with what's left over, and maybe we'll have a year where the foundation is strong and the diamonds shine. We might even make it to #1 for a few weeks.

We're not going to beat Alabama by playing their game. We're not even going to beat Ole Miss that way. We have to win on our terms. Let Ole Miss feel like they wear big britches. It won't be long before they turn around and wonder how we're reeling in the big fish without the shenanigans they have to pull.

MSU, in every aspect, is learning how to be MSU. Ole Miss is not the measuring stick. They do not define us. They don't decide our goals, our accomplishments, or what it is to be a Bulldog. We all we got. We all we need.

DAMN STRAIGHT!!!! Almost made me water up.

ShotgunDawg
02-04-2015, 06:36 PM

Outstanding. Well said. Makes you wonder why it took 100 years of trying to be Alabama for MSU to figure this out. We've finally figured out our place in the market and thus learned how to exploit it.

Dawgtini
02-04-2015, 06:50 PM

Excellent! Hail Yes! Hail State!

Liverpooldawg
02-04-2015, 07:06 PM

DAMN RIGHT! ! Post of the Year.

Coach34
02-04-2015, 07:10 PM
Codedawg absolutely nailed it and articulated even better what I said on Out of Bounds:

Mullen has done an outstanding job of recognizing where he is and what his resources are. And we are seeing the plan take shape after redshirting these classes years ago. It takes 4 years to see the fruits of developing and RS'ing almost entire classes.

yjnkdawg
02-04-2015, 08:56 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B9A5BTsIgAEnMax.jpg:large

KB21
02-04-2015, 10:26 PM
Look for Ole Miss to ramp up their efforts next year. This year was a big egg on their face. They didn't win the press conference like they want to, but they have done a great job of convincing their fan base that they got some real sleepers in this crop. Not only will they ramp up their efforts, but they are already starting pointing their fingers and throwing accusations. Particularly over Drew Richmond and Leo Lewis. I'm already seeing accusations of how Tennessee funneled money through a wrestling coach at MUS to get Richmond.

Political Hack
02-04-2015, 10:30 PM
Look for Ole Miss to ramp up their efforts next year. This year was a big egg on their face. They didn't win the press conference like they want to, but they have done a great job of convincing their fan base that they got some real sleepers in this crop. Not only will they ramp up their efforts, but they are already starting pointing their fingers and throwing accusations. Particularly over Drew Richmond and Leo Lewis. I'm already seeing accusations of how Tennessee funneled money through a wrestling coach at MUS to get Richmond.

agree.

yjnkdawg
02-04-2015, 10:47 PM

I agree, but I don't think they want to mess with a TN or Bama type on trying to get them in trouble, concerning recruiting. If OM was all legal on their recruiting, yeah, but if they are going head to head with these schools in a bidding war, then I think OM is setting their program up to get burned, which I would love to see.