PDA

View Full Version : I keep hearing people say this is like............

Liverpooldawg
02-04-2015, 11:56 AM
Christmas morning. I'm gonna date myself here bigtime but to me it's more like the day the Sears Christmas catalog came. You got to look at all the stuff you think you might get. Christmas was when you found out exactly what you had. The catalog looks great but it won't be Christmas for a few years.

smootness
02-04-2015, 11:59 AM
No, the analogy works. This is the day you know what you're getting; you just haven't tried out all your new toys yet. There's always a chance your best toy on paper breaks and you end up playing the most with the paddle and ball you weren't excited about, but we know the guys we're getting now.

Howboutdemdogs
02-04-2015, 11:59 AM
I am right there with you, it was the Christmas before Christmas, wearing the pages thin.

Liverpooldawg
02-04-2015, 12:02 PM
No, the analogy works. This is the day you know what you're getting; you just haven't tried out all your new toys yet. There's always a chance your best toy on paper breaks and you end up playing the most with the paddle and ball you weren't excited about, but we know the guys we're getting now.

But we don't really know what we have yet. The catalog is one of the best we have ever received, but who really knows what we got.

smootness
02-04-2015, 12:04 PM
But we don't really know what we have yet. The catalog is one of the best we have ever received, but who really knows what we got.

Yes, we do. The catalog is analogous to the start of recruiting season when you start to see all the guys who are a possibility.

Obviously we've already gone too far in seriously discussing an analogy haha, but I still think it works. We know the guys who will be on scholarship at State. That's analogous to knowing what presents you're getting.

dickiedawg
02-04-2015, 02:23 PM
None of the analogies are perfect, of course, but I think it's like snooping in your parents' closet before Christmas. You know what you're getting but you can't take it out and play for a while.

HoopsDawg
02-04-2015, 02:29 PM

The top 3 classes on average from the past 4 years: Bama, Ohio State, and Florida State just happened to be 3 of the 4 teams in the first CFP.